Author Topic: Yukmouth & Dru Down Show In Berlin 28.12 Writeup  (Read 141 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Yukmouth & Dru Down Show In Berlin 28.12 Writeup
« on: December 30, 2003, 07:07:25 AM »
Yukmouth & Dru Down Tour Report

Out of nowhere we heard a few weeks ago that the Luniz & Dru Down would be doing a 2 week tour through Germany and I just had to hit up a few of their shows. I'm not even gonna talk about the one in Bevern, Germany, cause it was in some small ass town and the night wasn't that great. I'd rather give ya'll a detailed recount of the show in Berlin at the 2Be Club. Yuk was there with Dru Down, Monstah Ganjah from the Regime and Scrilla, however Numbskull wasn't, I wonder why cause the show was advertised as LUNIZ on tour.
Anyway, Yuk and the crew picked me and a friend of mine up in front of the club with Lloyd from smokealotrecords.com and Pascal from rawdawgz.net at around 11pm to go over to the hotel cause they weren't gonna roll to the club till about 1am (I feel bad for the people who went their at 10 waiting for the concert, they must've been pissed off!). I mean it wasn't even a real CONCERT per say it was more of a club night with special guests, cause they only performed for about half an hour. We didn't leave the hotel till 1:30am so the show didn't start till around 2. When we got to the backstage area of the club (which was about 20 times bigger than the ridicolously small room they had at the first show), the joints started gettin lit and the drinks gettin poured, shit was about to start! The audience was hyped, there was a large crowd, I don't have exact numbers but easily over 1000 people I'd say. When the DJ finally stopped playing the wack shit he was playing (B2k), Dru Down jumped on stage and performed Mack Of The Year. The crowd was feelin it, they were gettin rowdy (I took pictures of the crowd I'll try to get them up soon, but I don't know how good they are cause I was on stage with them and it was pretty hard to get good shots of the crowd). After like two more songs, Yuk, Monstah Ganjah and Scrilla jumped on stage to the sounds of I Got 5 On It, the song everybody was waiting for.
At that point the audience was hella feelin the show, but the shit was hella unorganized. The DJ had a copy of Operation Stackola on CD, no vinyl, no instrumental, so Yuk was basically rapping over the CD which kinda sucked. And when the DJ wanted to put on Godzilla he accidently threw on an old Yuk song which was a contradiction to what Yuk just said (YALL WANNA HEAR SOME NEW SHIT???) lol! Anyway, they did I Got 5 On It, Playa Hata, Oh Boy, Nothin 2 A Boss, Stuntastic, Clap Yo Hands, I Got 5 On It Remix and a few freestyles over mainstream beats (Clap Back, Stunt 101 etc) and that was it. I thought it was a coo lil show, nothing overwhelming, I had more fun afterwoods! Cause then we all moved to the backstage area where joint after joint was lit, and me and my boy went to fetch some girls. A few minutes later the room was filled with about 50 ladies, and I bet most of them didn't have a clue who the Luniz were, but the fact that they were famous, black, shiny was enough for them to turn into groupies! Dru was surrounded by some chinese or japanese girls who didn't speak a word of english and he left with them for the hotel a few hours later. Monstah Ganjah & Scrilla went to the club area and got their dance on, while Yuk just kept smoking lol. I got myself some nice ladies and the night was passing quickly, before I knew it it was 7 and the club was starting to get empty. We went to the club area again and shortly after that everybody was ready to leave.
Overall I have to say I had a lot of fun, but I don't know if I'd be saying the same if I had been a regular person going to see a concert, cause the show in itself wasn't all that, too short and unorganized. Let's hope we see a Thuglordz tour next year in Europe again and this time it's done by more professional promoters who do know where the club they're supposed to bring the artists to is and don't miss the street like 10 times.

C.F.D.T

• Lil Geezy
  • supersupreme
Re:Yukmouth & Dru Down Show In Berlin 28.12 Writeup
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 08:50:32 AM »
i thought about flying to germany from finland to see yuk! gladly i didn't since it was like that!
yeah hope they get that thuglordz tour rollin good and all the way to finland too!!

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 09:07:39 AM »

Let's hope we see a Thuglordz tour next year in Europe again and this time it's done by more professional promoters who do know where the club they're supposed to bring the artists to is and don't miss the street like 10 times.

I hope so! Anyway, sounds like you had a great time man: backstage & on stage...damn, I wish I was in your shoes, lol.

Thanks for the write-up!

b-PlEaSE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 09:45:09 AM »
Good one Nima! I wonder how much the club owners paid to have yuk there...

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 09:48:46 AM »
Nima's a []D [] []V[] []D!

mauzip

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2003, 10:04:07 AM »
You know you need to holla at me when one of the people you know comes to Holland ;) ;D :P