Author Topic: Step In Here If You Hate The South  (Read 1651 times)

SGV

Re:Step In Here If You Hate The South
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2004, 02:16:29 PM »

dude you're the one not understanding what people have been saying. all you're doing is zoning in on the word "Crunk"...yes most people have mentioned crunk music. but do you really expect us to tell you what we like and don't like without saying what we dont like? that makes no sense.
I understand that people don't like Crunk music. But, THAT IS NOT THE WHOLE SOUTH. That is my point.

I can name you so many artists from the South who don't make Crunk music. Why is it when I hear "Awww fuck the South. That Crunk shit is wack." Tell me that's not a generalization. Just like I said with the West and gangsta shit. It's a generalization people make and it's lame. Understand that Crunk music is only made by a handfull of artists.

and yes you're always the bad guy...or atleast when you make stupid ass threads like this and make even stupider comments inside of them.
This coming from the same guy I have to save in every thread. LOL.

Don Breezio

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2004, 09:33:33 PM »
c'mon now you've only saved me once or twice. and i've done the same for you before. but yes you are correct that is a generalization. but isnt it the same as when people talk about underground and somebody says something like "i hate rap that is all scientific"...like all underground is scientific.

the point is its not the way they say it but the way they mean it and the way you take it. we all said we dont like crunk music. but most of us listed the artists we do like which totally fucks up your point. its not like in every post anywhere about the south we're going to list who we like and dont like.

SGV

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2004, 10:06:42 PM »
I like the above, only because they're not the conventional south rappers. I have a stereotypical image of southern rappers, who are covered top to bottom in their bling, with their gold teeth, and their hideous crunk music. Trick Daddy and Lil Jon, just to name a few, fit this category.

That was pretty much the people I was aiming at. People who make these stereotypes and generalization.

jayo_felony

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2004, 11:42:28 AM »

the reason i said 3-6 bandwagon asses..issssss

1. bone and 3-6 beef in tha early 90's..they came into tha game on that dark devil like shit...sametime bone came in with it..krayzie bone even said he made up tha harmonizin part of bone's style while he was locked up ..when he accidently shot wish...but 3-6 was makin a big fuss sayin eazy e came to memphis and jack they shit...was eazy e apart of bone enterprise..no...was bone jus now formin tha dark sound they was usin...yep...its funny how a group could steal a style they started off with..whille all of the members was in out of jail..and the people that claim they started tha style..dont even use tha style ..and tha claimer stole tha style they bitchin about from kingpin skinny pimp...but they dont speak on that shit..bone continue to use tha same style...if that was a big ass problem enough to start a beef how come they stop usin tha style and start dissectin members that were tha originators of tha foundation??hmmm..maybe they saw tha bone could sell millions and wanted to jump on that wagon..

b.  cash money /no limit bling and ballin era- 3-6..how tha fuck u go from bein on tha satanic vibe to bein a baller ....once again they rode that wagon that was big in that era until it died out..

3.tx - syrup sippin and 20inch trend that was started by dj screw's screwed up click-i aint gone lie...cashmoney and no limit bit this style...that started growin in 92...screw and his click always was speakin on 20inch blades,rims,etc and syrup.nobody else was speakin on it...dont believe go listen to a couple of screw tapes that was label 92-94 not watts or ron-c but screw....3-6 bit this style hard as fuck...sippin on syrup...that shit was a slap...how u go from on tha satanic vibe,bein a baller to a screwhead?? tha emergence(sp?) of lil flip made this style real big...and this style is were we are now...notice how all of tha 3-6 affiliates have chopped and slowed album..( i will not say chopped and screw..becuz screw is dead and he didnt mix it..out of respect)

isnt bandwagon- to jock and ride whatever is new until tha next phase come around??

its difference btw evolving and becomin better to jackin each new style that emerges..

evolving= eminem's rap skills back in 90 to now..2pac skills from-90-96,dr. dre's wreckin cru producin style to now...thats evolving...

lil jon is tha south....crunk is a a phrase started by people in ga...it wasnt a style of music until lil jon did it...and everything that sounded like his shit fell up under tha label...if stuff that wasnt labeled crunk be4 hand did..like pastor troy shit,3-6 tear tha club up shit..etc...hell wasnt lil jon on tha cover of tha source as the newsouth??

jon ass is jus as south as screw and michael watts...thats like sayin crip hop and g-funk aint west coast...

and quit sayin chingy,nelly,and others like em r from tha south...they speak southern slang. hell what was tha purpose of tha midwest swang song??

i get it man, i only heard the unbreakables album from 3-6...

still didn't hear too much of the others, so can you tell me on what songs you can see they turned from satanic shit (on what tracks they did that?) to ballers and then to screwheads? i mean where do you recognize each style?

I can only see gangsta and weed shit in they style in the unbreakables...

and whats 20inch blades,rims, and that syrup shit?
is that some car shit?

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2004, 06:25:29 PM »
Southern artists I dislike and why:
Everyone from Cash Money. No skills, cheesy beats
Master P because he's a biter. I do like "Make You Say Uhh" but that's because of the beats and the other rappers (Mia X, Mystikal) that make the song.
Petey Pablo because he's annoying and screams to damn much
Miracle because he's a wack Mystikal biter
All that crunk shit I can't stand it period.

Artists I like from the south:
Outkast
Goodie Mob
Mystikal
Killer Mike
Ludacris
Devin the Dude
Scarface
Geto Boys
Big Mike
UGK
T-Rock

I certainly don't hate the south and I don't think anyone in this thread hates the south. People dislike the crunk music and the shouting or chants or whatever you call that.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Don Breezio

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2004, 06:43:07 PM »
you know what artist i did really enjoy that hasnt dropped anything lately...remember "Drama"...his album wasnt that hot but his singles were good...i wouldnt mind hearing another album from him.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2004, 03:53:42 AM »
you know what artist i did really enjoy that hasnt dropped anything lately...remember "Drama"...his album wasnt that hot but his singles were good...i wouldnt mind hearing another album from him.

"Left... Left... Left, Right, Left!"...LMAO, that fool sucked ass.

HIPPI

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2004, 05:22:26 AM »
1. SGV, you answered your own question when you said "to ME their accent doesn't matter". Do you understand the concept that people are different? What matters to you might not matter to others, and vice-versa. Maybe you're just a bit more open-minded compared to others, and I'm sure there are some people here who have a more open mind than you do. People have their own reasons for liking or disliking certain things. Just because my reason is "ignorant" to you, doesn't mean that I have no reason to dislike it. Not everyone is SGV, and dislikes only those things for which he or she has a concrete reason. If you're so open-minded about music, you should be able to open your mind to the fact that people think differently.

2. You seem to love to get technical about grammar, and judge another's intelligence by the way he posts on the board, so here are some excerpts out of 1 POST of yours:

"Didn't know that. But, sorry to tell you. I knew... " ::)

"Also, trust me, I'm don't take Hip Hop too serious." ::)

"Lost Mind, Geurilla Maab don't mean nothing to me."  Try replacing that with "doesn't mean anything".

"The Day Hell Broke Loose or whatever." ::)

"From Lil Keke to ESG, H.A.W.K. to Mddl Fngz." ::)

Here is where I prove what I said earlier. You think that grammar on a message board is a way to define a person's intelligence, I don't. However, YOU SEEM TO HAVE TROUBLE WRITING COMPLETE SENTENCES. So next time you criticize someone, make sure you're not doing exactly what you criticize him for.

Now you can read through my post and search for some mistakes. I might have made some, but unlike you, I don't believe it has anything to do with my intelligence. Have a good day. :)

budsmokeronly

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2004, 12:16:46 PM »
people from the south I like:

mr. malik, scarface, devin, eightball & MJG, Tela, 5th Ward Boyz, Ghetto Boyz, old Outkast, old Master P.

^^^ but I don't listen to any of those guys much, only occasionally.

people from the south I can't stand:

Lil' Jon is one of my most hated artists, along with bone crusher.  I hate mystical, ESG and Slim Thugg.  I don't like ludacris.  bubba spanxx - dunno where he is from, but don't like him.  there is others, for the most part I won't even bother checking out any artists from the south cause 9 times outta 10 I am gonna hate them.

artists who I been listening to lately:

basically I listen to all the westcoast artists I can and not much outside of that.  

HIPPI

« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2004, 06:37:15 PM »
1. SGV, you answered your own question when you said "to ME their accent doesn't matter". Do you understand the concept that people are different? What matters to you might not matter to others, and vice-versa. Maybe you're just a bit more open-minded compared to others, and I'm sure there are some people here who have a more open mind than you do. People have their own reasons for liking or disliking certain things. Just because my reason is "ignorant" to you, doesn't mean that I have no reason to dislike it. Not everyone is SGV, and dislikes only those things for which he or she has a concrete reason. If you're so open-minded about music, you should be able to open your mind to the fact that people think differently.

2. You seem to love to get technical about grammar, and judge another's intelligence by the way he posts on the board, so here are some excerpts out of 1 POST of yours:

"Didn't know that. But, sorry to tell you. I knew... " ::)

"Also, trust me, I'm don't take Hip Hop too serious." ::)

"Lost Mind, Geurilla Maab don't mean nothing to me."  Try replacing that with "doesn't mean anything".

"The Day Hell Broke Loose or whatever." ::)

"From Lil Keke to ESG, H.A.W.K. to Mddl Fngz." ::)

Here is where I prove what I said earlier. You think that grammar on a message board is a way to define a person's intelligence, I don't. However, YOU SEEM TO HAVE TROUBLE WRITING COMPLETE SENTENCES. So next time you criticize someone, make sure you're not doing exactly what you criticize him for.

Now you can read through my post and search for some mistakes. I might have made some, but unlike you, I don't believe it has anything to do with my intelligence. Have a good day. :)

I guess that did it.  8)

SGV

« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2004, 07:04:45 PM »
This thread is still around?

Osama Iz A G: Thanks for finding my mistakes. But, uh...that was directed at Tom, not you. So, don't worry about it, since it don't concern you.