Author Topic: Step In Here If You Hate The South  (Read 1649 times)

SGV

Re:Step In Here If You Hate The South
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2003, 01:06:18 AM »

youre latino, mex or not I dont care.
PLUS childish is not a so-called style but it IS childish.. very often! no offense to children of course.
PLUS this comment was supposed to be ignorant...
AND PLUS .. FUCK THE SOUF.. pz
What's childish about the South, let me know. Btw, you never said what you bump.

well according to suv if u dont like something your hater.  i dont hate the south i jus really dont care for most of what i heard.  i dont like crunk beats.  an i dont like the thick southern accent.  if that makes me a hater guess im a hater than.  so be it who cares.  suv u take this rap shit jus a lil 2 serious
That makes you a hater. You don't like the accent, so you hate their music. You probably think they're wack just because you don't like their accent, not their music. That's hating. It's one not to like something, like not digging Crunk Beats, that's coo.

Ludacris
Jermaine Dupri
Outkast

I have a stereotypical image of southern rappers, who are covered top to bottom in their bling, with their gold teeth, and their hideous crunk music. Trick Daddy and Lil Jon, just to name a few, fit this category.
Trick Daddy DOES NOT make crunk music. See, this is what I mean. You guys just assume everything about artists. I hope you don't like Yukmouth, he's blinged up with Gold teeth(Platinum now) and makes West Coast crunk music("What It Do" "Regime Mobstaz").

So, yea, you people are really avoiding the questions I asked. Why is that? Ya'll have no case. Who have you heard, why are they wack. What are the artists(outside of the South) that you like.

Please keep the extremely ignorant comments out of here.

Don Breezio

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2003, 01:23:59 AM »
well according to suv if u dont like something your hater.  i dont hate the south i jus really dont care for most of what i heard.  i dont like crunk beats.  an i dont like the thick southern accent.  if that makes me a hater guess im a hater than.  so be it who cares.  suv u take this rap shit jus a lil 2 serious
That makes you a hater. You don't like the accent, so you hate their music. You probably think they're wack just because you don't like their accent, not their music. That's hating. It's one not to like something, like not digging Crunk Beats, that's coo.

wow SGV...you've said some stupid shit in your time...but you really out did yourself on that one.

he said that he didnt like the accent. yes the fuckin accent gets annoying. that doesnt make anyone a hater. you told me over aim that you dont really like to date white girls, you like latina's. so since you dont like white girls that makes you a hater i guess right?

Don Breezio

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2003, 01:32:32 AM »
heres a better example:

by your way of thinking...you hated terrorist threats because it wasnt the same style is bow down. therefore you are a hater.

SGV

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2003, 01:45:08 AM »
I don't like white girls because they're bodies aren't full like Latinas. Which is a reason. I didn't just say I don't like white girls and not have a reason for it. It's one thing to not like an accent, it's another to hate on music for it. I'm not a huge fan of the NY accent, but I don't hate NY Hip Hop. Hating an accent has NOTHING to do with music. Therefore it's hating.

Terrorist Threats had weak beats and lyrics. Bow Down didn't. There's a reason. I'm not hating because I have a foundation to what I say. Sorry man.

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2003, 02:07:16 AM »
back on the topic

damn im glad to hear that im not the only one that aint feeling this lil jon phase right now, i mean shit is ridiculous, every time i turn on the radio his shitty ass music is on and im in southern cali, annoying az fuck definitely

honestly him, bonecrusher and the ying yang twinz and whatever other guy that "screams" his "so called" lyrics, gets no love from me, and the beats damn they are plain literally, nothing special at all, just bass

And then we always get the excuse "oh but his music makes the bitches get wild and rowdy in the club", my answer to that is that they have been doing that forever with other rappers, aint no excuse to play his shitty music

give it more time and this lil jon phase will die out no doubt, people will get tired of him

rappers that i like from the south are

Ludacris
Scarface
Devin
Outkast
T.I.
Three 6 Mafia(their old style, not feeling their new crunk stuff that much)
DTP
Z Ro

i also need to check out paul wall and some other "QUALITY" south rappers
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 02:09:56 AM by IKON »

SGV

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2003, 02:21:45 AM »
I seriously can tell none of you have ever heard a Lil Jon beat that wasn't on MTV. Listen to his beats on Kings Of Crunk. He has a lot of laid back beats. Some R & B beats etc. It's funny to me man. If his beats are just "bass" what do you think most West Coast beats are? Lil Jon has guitar licks, violins and plenty more sounds incorporated into his beats. MAN! Ya'll kill me. For everyone who hates Lil Jon, please don't tell me you like "Move Bitch" or any Yukmouth song where he screams. If so, you're being hypocrites.

Ying Yang Twinz hardly "Scream." They make booty music. But, they still come with creative concepts(Example, "Naggin"). Again, misinformed.

Bonecrusher, well yea, he's pretty lame.

SGV

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2003, 02:22:35 AM »

So, yea, you people are really avoiding the questions I asked. Why is that? Ya'll have no case. Who have you heard, why are they wack.

What are the artists(outside of the South) that you like.

Please keep the extremely ignorant comments out of here.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2003, 08:05:46 AM »
what I bump? Well, I can tell you I bump shit you hate. but that's not the reason why I hate on the souf in this thread. we have different musictastes and that's a good thing. you know? cause I doubt you wanna be like me. and I dont wanna be like you. so it's all good, isnt it? how I know you hate what I like? that's cause, my taste is kinda similiar to jome's.. nuff said I guess.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

West C. Connected

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2003, 08:39:42 AM »
OK South haters. List the artists that you've heard with explanations why you don't like them. And, before you leave, list some of your favorite rappers out. I want to see something.

DON'T LIKE

Lil Jon & The Eastside Boyz - Don't hate them, just don't like their style.
Nelly - Hated him since the beginning, he hardly does anything for Hip Hop and still becomes a Hip Hop icon to people.

FAVORITE RAPPERS

DMX, Eve & The LOX
Nas & Jay-Z
2Pac & Notorious B.I.G.

22 replies and I'm the only one that did what he asked! ;D

SGV

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2003, 08:44:26 AM »
what I bump? Well, I can tell you I bump shit you hate. but that's not the reason why I hate on the souf in this thread. we have different musictastes and that's a good thing. you know? cause I doubt you wanna be like me. and I dont wanna be like you. so it's all good, isnt it? how I know you hate what I like? that's cause, my taste is kinda similiar to jome's.. nuff said I guess.
Only artists that Jome likes that I don't, G-Unit, Royce and Xzibit. So, answer the question.

DON'T LIKE

Lil Jon & The Eastside Boyz - Don't hate them, just don't like their style.
Nelly - Hated him since the beginning, he hardly does anything for Hip Hop and still becomes a Hip Hop icon to people.

FAVORITE RAPPERS

DMX, Eve & The LOX
Nas & Jay-Z
2Pac & Notorious B.I.G.

22 replies and I'm the only one that did what he asked! ;D
Thank you. But, I asked for artists from the South that you disliked. Nelly is from the Midwest. Again, just because he has a country accent, that doesn't mean he's from the South.

West C. Connected

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2003, 08:59:15 AM »
^
D'oh I knew that. :-\

SGV

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2003, 09:07:12 AM »
Not picking on you, but it's funny how misinformed some people are. Chingy and Nelly are from the same city, matter of fact, same state as TechN9ne. How are they South and not TechN9ne?

I've noticed one thing, so far nobody has came with a reason why they hate South music. They hate Lil Jon, he's not the South. He's just an artist. But, for some reason, their hate for him is enough for them to hate an entire area. Crazy.

West C. Connected

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2003, 09:22:50 AM »
Too lazy to find the good artists. ;D

Oh, and because when people are talking about the South style they're talking about Lil Jon's style.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 09:24:21 AM by D-Metro »

SGV

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2003, 10:05:26 AM »
Too lazy to find the good artists. ;D

Oh, and because when people are talking about the South style they're talking about Lil Jon's style.
That's pretty much it. They don't try to hear anything else, that's why I say they're haters. How can you hate something you hardly know anything about?

Lil Jon's style is found in VERY FEW artists. Pastor Troy had been doing Crunk shit before Lil Jon made it big, Bonecrusher is pretty much on some Lil Jon shit. Oomp Camp, mainly Baby D, is like T.I. mixed with Lil Jon. Aside from that, who else is on that crunk shit? David Banner at times, but he balances it out with some dope laid back tracks. So, you got a handful of artists that make these people hate an entire area?

Don Breezio

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2003, 11:04:12 AM »
ok SGV...you arent even reading peoples posts...there have been reasons. there are different styles of southern rap and people have listed why they didnt like them. they didnt like the crunk feel. they didnt like the southern accent (but that just makes us haters), etc...i like some southern stuff but the accent gets really annoying. i dont like the crunk shit but you're right. Naggin' was dope and creative, i've almost always liked the ying yang twins (except their last album...it was horrible). but seriously that question is like asking people why they dont like eastcoast hip hop. the same answers would come out for why people dont like westcoast hip hop. you're not going to change anyones mind by calling them haters. just leave it alone.