Author Topic: Step In Here If You Hate The South  (Read 1647 times)

jayo_felony

• Lil Geezy
Re:Step In Here If You Hate The South
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2003, 12:13:22 PM »
what does 3-6 and theyre bandwagon asses means??

and why ppl hate them?

and what crunk music do they have in comparison to not crunk, older tracks?

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2003, 01:02:30 PM »

the reason i said 3-6 bandwagon asses..issssss

1. bone and 3-6 beef in tha early 90's..they came into tha game on that dark devil like shit...sametime bone came in with it..krayzie bone even said he made up tha harmonizin part of bone's style while he was locked up ..when he accidently shot wish...but 3-6 was makin a big fuss sayin eazy e came to memphis and jack they shit...was eazy e apart of bone enterprise..no...was bone jus now formin tha dark sound they was usin...yep...its funny how a group could steal a style they started off with..whille all of the members was in out of jail..and the people that claim they started tha style..dont even use tha style ..and tha claimer stole tha style they bitchin about from kingpin skinny pimp...but they dont speak on that shit..bone continue to use tha same style...if that was a big ass problem enough to start a beef how come they stop usin tha style and start dissectin members that were tha originators of tha foundation??hmmm..maybe they saw tha bone could sell millions and wanted to jump on that wagon..

b.  cash money /no limit bling and ballin era- 3-6..how tha fuck u go from bein on tha satanic vibe to bein a baller ....once again they rode that wagon that was big in that era until it died out..

3.tx - syrup sippin and 20inch trend that was started by dj screw's screwed up click-i aint gone lie...cashmoney and no limit bit this style...that started growin in 92...screw and his click always was speakin on 20inch blades,rims,etc and syrup.nobody else was speakin on it...dont believe go listen to a couple of screw tapes that was label 92-94 not watts or ron-c but screw....3-6 bit this style hard as fuck...sippin on syrup...that shit was a slap...how u go from on tha satanic vibe,bein a baller to a screwhead?? tha emergence(sp?) of lil flip made this style real big...and this style is were we are now...notice how all of tha 3-6 affiliates have chopped and slowed album..( i will not say chopped and screw..becuz screw is dead and he didnt mix it..out of respect)

isnt bandwagon- to jock and ride whatever is new until tha next phase come around??

its difference btw evolving and becomin better to jackin each new style that emerges..

evolving= eminem's rap skills back in 90 to now..2pac skills from-90-96,dr. dre's wreckin cru producin style to now...thats evolving...

lil jon is tha south....crunk is a a phrase started by people in ga...it wasnt a style of music until lil jon did it...and everything that sounded like his shit fell up under tha label...if stuff that wasnt labeled crunk be4 hand did..like pastor troy shit,3-6 tear tha club up shit..etc...hell wasnt lil jon on tha cover of tha source as the newsouth??

jon ass is jus as south as screw and michael watts...thats like sayin crip hop and g-funk aint west coast...

and quit sayin chingy,nelly,and others like em r from tha south...they speak southern slang. hell what was tha purpose of tha midwest swang song??

pappy

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2003, 04:04:11 PM »
suv u have to be the biggest moron on this fuckin site.  how is me not liking southern accents hating u fuckin dumb as brick mutha fucka.  Did i say i hate there music b/c of it.  NO i just find there accents annoying thus i aint really feelin there music.  wtf is so wrong about that.  another thing u mention ny accents u dumb shit.  black people in ny dont have the ny accent.  only the white people do.  I guess i overestimated ur intelligence.  after all you fucked pink an than she played you

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2003, 04:53:54 PM »
yo SGV i got respect for you BUT lately u have come off as cocky, like a know it all, u do have alot of knowledge but u use it insult rather than to educate

I only got like 10 southern cd's in my collection cause i aint really feeling the south that much

Ludacris ( gotta like his personality and his lyrics, tight beats and all)
T.I. (he got crunk stuff too BUT he dont yell his lyrics at the top of his lungs, he got some real topics in his music too)
Scarface ( nuff said)
Devin (dope laid back style)
Three 6 Mafia (love their old style but they are still dope)

now on to Lil Jon, his production is ok but thats where his talent stops, id rather support yukmouth than lil jon anyday, i gotta he from cali ;D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2004, 12:12:39 AM »
sorry to say it...but sgv knows hardly nething about tha south...he only knows what he reads...and prolly download....and thats 4sho...he prolly cant even tell me why parts of tx dislike when outside people use tha words screwed and chopped on albums...or who invented tha slowed up style...he is technically a moron ..he was tryin to make his post go 1 way so he could throw up names like..chamillionaire,slim thug,esg,face,etc etc...to try and make this a ya favorite rapper vs. southern rappers..but tha thread went another way...everybody agreed on lil jon..

jus becuz people dislike lil jon's style dont mean they r haters...of south music...and basically errrrbody in this thread has problem wit that style...nobody said in this shit that jus becuz they hate jon they hate an entire area...u dont comprehend well....

tha music connoisseur i am...i have damn near everything that came from all parts of tha south...from dirty to big pokey...but since i hate lil jon..i hate tha south..nigga please(shonuff when he heard bruce leroy could catch a bullet with his teeth tone)

and why u bullshittin its niggas in tha south that hates lil jon..and that crunk shit..and tombot with a passion...does that make them any different from tha people who have a opinion??does that make them "area haters"...mayne get on with ya tryin to school people about tha south bullshit...im tellin u dont know shit ...only about tha trends...

u tell me who put lil jon on tha map...gave him his spotlight...to were he is now....u give me a correct answer...nigga i would delete this screenname and never come on this site again..i put that on my delete key...

Don Breezio

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2004, 12:44:40 AM »
wow...SGV...i think you've officially been

[size=80]Shut Down[/size]

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2004, 08:21:58 AM »
for me, not the true origin is important, but the style. and chingy + nelly have definitly southern style, no matter what. Nina duznt.

my top5 rappers in order: eminem, tech n9ne, royce, 2pac, canibus. I also like immortal technique but I only own one LP and I think he needs professional production. I once was a big L fan but he has too sucky production/feats and only a few tracks lol.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

SGV

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2004, 12:02:55 PM »
suv u have to be the biggest moron on this fuckin site.  how is me not liking southern accents hating u fuckin dumb as brick mutha fucka.  Did i say i hate there music b/c of it.  NO i just find there accents annoying thus i aint really feelin there music.  wtf is so wrong about that.  another thing u mention ny accents u dumb shit.  black people in ny dont have the ny accent.  only the white people do.  I guess i overestimated ur intelligence.  after all you fucked pink an than she played you
Calling me a moron, yet your grammar is not that hot. Right. Anyway, it's one thing to say I don't like an accent, but to say you don't like their music because of it is hating. They can't help their accent, just like you can't. Nobody can, so why count that against them? Oh yea, about NY accents, Prodigy, Shyne, Anyone from Imfamous Mobb, Kay Slay, Nature, they don't have an accent? To me they do. So, let's not pull the intelligence card. And, LOL @ still bringing up Pink. I swear you must've really wanted to be there, because you're BEYOND fixated with that. Poor kid.

So, let me clarify why I made this thread. Why is it when people hear the South, they say "Oh I hate the South, Fuck that Crunk Shit." OK, that's fine you don't like Crunk music, not many do. It's not for everyone, but to hate the South for it? Only certain artits in the South are like that. It's like saying "I hate the West Coast, all they do is rap about being gangsta." That's a generalization. Becuase there's plenty of West Coast acts that ain't on that g-shit. Valid point.

Guy: DJ Screw(from the Southside of Houston) invented the slowed down music. R.I.P. Also, let's get one thing straight. DO NOT refer to me as "nigga." That doesn't pertain to me, so don't bother calling me that. Lil Jon, as far as I know, was put on by JD. He used to be a producer for the So So Def Bass All Star albums. That's how I got to know Lil Jon.

Don Breezio

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2004, 12:13:18 PM »
Calling me a moron, yet your grammar is not that hot. Right. Anyway, it's one thing to say I don't like an accent, but to say you don't like their music because of it is hating. They can't help their accent, just like you can't. Nobody can, so why count that against them? Oh yea, about NY accents, Prodigy, Shyne, Anyone from Imfamous Mobb, Kay Slay, Nature, they don't have an accent? To me they do. So, let's not pull the intelligence card. And, LOL @ still bringing up Pink. I swear you must've really wanted to be there, because you're BEYOND fixated with that. Poor kid.

dude...its pretty well obvious that if you dont like the southern accent you're not going to like the music. i swear lately you've said some of the dumbest shit i've ever heard in my life.

SGV

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2004, 12:36:13 PM »
An accent has nothing to do with their music. TO ME it doesn't. It doesn't affect their lyrics, concepts, creativity, flow, etc. They just sound different.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2004, 02:56:05 PM »
An accent has nothing to do with their music. TO ME it doesn't. It doesn't affect their lyrics, concepts, creativity, flow, etc. They just sound different.

"Yo to me it don't matter how dope you write or look
MC's without a voice should write a book"
                                                        Evidence

We Fly High

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2004, 06:30:35 PM »

jus becuz people dislike lil jon's style dont mean they r haters...of south music...and basically errrrbody in this thread has problem wit that style...nobody said in this shit that jus becuz they hate jon they hate an entire area...u dont comprehend well...

« Last Edit: January 01, 2004, 06:31:21 PM by justin718 »

The Watcher

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2004, 06:58:22 PM »
i dont like the accents most of them use, and im generally not feelin the beats. if that qualifies as a hater than im one. but when did disliking something automatically make you a hater?

i will give it a listen, but if i dont like it then i wont listen to it again
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2004, 08:23:15 PM »
damn i gotta take sgv to class on some southern history....kuz obviously...he doesnt know shit...

1st off my apologies 4 usin tha phrase nigga...i wasnt directin it 2 u...i said nigga please...in place of yea right...notice i said in tha tone shonuff said...like i said homie u dont comprehend well...so  ima be a g..and take tha slack 4 it..kuz in tha movie tha last dragon..tha shit shonuff was hearin about leroy catchin bullets with his teeth...was shit to say yea right..or nigga please on...kuz it was impossible..neway..

1. dj screw(s.i.p) didnt invent that style.and he isnt from houston...he's from smithville, tx .. an artist in miami called jam pony was tha 1st and creator of it.....screw didnt...jam pony was slowin up his bass cd's,he also did a couple of albums 4 half pint,and bust down way back in tha game...jam didnt do mainstream and westcoast rap like screw...he jus did bass..and most of jam pony's album had to get made regular speed kuz tha industry and his label didnt think it would become a trend...so tha way jam originally did his music had to be changed and he did tha slowed up style on mixtapes. screw came around a year later...he picked tha style up from this old school dj named daryl scott...who screw later met when he moved from smithville to houston..and jus took tha whole style created by jam pony...and taught from his friend daryl  to a whole nother level...i suggest u pick up dj screw the legend cd up and listen to disc 2..and a lil history lesson u can run and tell ya online friends or ya real life buddies....u kno that chant lil jon and ying yang says on get low.....to tha windowwwwwww to tha wall...jam pony has a self entitled album called to tha window to tha wall...and tha original chant came from that song and album...im jus tryin to get ya mind correct on a couple of things..these "magazines" will never shed light on...most of tha sayings lil jon says come from jam pony express old school albums...he is basically lyin to tha public when he says...it comes from everyday sayings...but those everyday sayings originated from tha pony...in ft lauderdale florida...

i suggest u pick up..or search and download this greatest hits album..cuz u cant find none of his original shit nomore...or ne of tha mixtapes...

2. jermaine gave him his 1st job yep...but too short brought lil jon in tha spotlight..bia bia..was his 1st nationwide hit...that put him in tha spotlight as an artist....thats bullshit u got to know lil jon as a producer on that compilation...kuz he only did a couple songs..and tha shit he did on that didnt even much stand out to put him in tha position he's in now...9-times out of 10 u read he was on those bass cd's cuz i doubt u was lookin 4ward to lil jon on those producin..kuz tha motherfucker was virtually unheard of...to be like...mayne lil jon is on tha so so def compilation...i gotta get it...

...damn do i get some positive karma 4 this...lecture??
« Last Edit: January 01, 2004, 08:26:22 PM by love_above »

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2004, 08:34:29 PM »
how can you hate Nappy Roots, they're fucking good. Just try listening to Po' Folks (This is a must, blazing and driving to this in the summer with your windows down=heaven, got lots of good memories when listening to this song), Leave This Morning, These Walls, Sick And Tired, Aww Naw...theres lots more. Scarface is another....In Between Us (Ft. Nas), Gameover (Ft. Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Too Short)<- ok, so it's basically a westcoast track, Snitch Nigga. Three 6 Mafia are pretty fucking good too. Same with David Banner and Big Tymers
« Last Edit: January 01, 2004, 08:37:06 PM by Runnin Game »
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface