Author Topic: Step In Here If You Hate The South  (Read 1652 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re:Step In Here If You Hate The South
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2004, 09:09:19 PM »
An accent has nothing to do with their music. TO ME it doesn't. It doesn't affect their lyrics, concepts, creativity, flow, etc. They just sound different.
key word, TO YOU, to others it does, fuckin everyone hates on different rappers for their voice..(canibus, ikon from jmt, banks)..

all i gots to say is you can't stereotype a geographical group of rap, just because many (probably not even the majority) do it one way

nappy roots, outkast, ludacris, and scarface, (prob missed someone) are all really good

pappy

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2004, 11:55:26 PM »
suv u have to be the biggest moron on this fuckin site.  how is me not liking southern accents hating u fuckin dumb as brick mutha fucka.  Did i say i hate there music b/c of it.  NO i just find there accents annoying thus i aint really feelin there music.  wtf is so wrong about that.  another thing u mention ny accents u dumb shit.  black people in ny dont have the ny accent.  only the white people do.  I guess i overestimated ur intelligence.  after all you fucked pink an than she played you
Calling me a moron, yet your grammar is not that hot. Right. Anyway, it's one thing to say I don't like an accent, but to say you don't like their music because of it is hating. They can't help their accent, just like you can't. Nobody can, so why count that against them? Oh yea, about NY accents, Prodigy, Shyne, Anyone from Imfamous Mobb, Kay Slay, Nature, they don't have an accent? To me they do. So, let's not pull the intelligence card. And, LOL @ still bringing up Pink. I swear you must've really wanted to be there, because you're BEYOND fixated with that. Poor kid.

FIRST off its a computer message board.. like i can give 2 fucks how my grammer is.  if im writing an essay for school than imma give a fuck bout my grammer but not on a message board there.  back to the accents.  hate to break it 2 ya but in ny those rappers voices arent considered new york accents.  i suggest you go to ny to find out what a ny accent is there.  an fixated on pink.  its was proved i wasnt the one that told every1.  i wasnt the one that made any topics about it.  so how am i fixated on it.  why b/c i mentioned it so what hardly consider that being fixated on it.  but oh well u have a weird way of looking at things.  hey i said i dont like most souther rappers b/c of an accent i was a hater.  even tho there are a few that i listen to.  wont front i dont listen to many an there are proberly a lot  of rappers in the south that dont fall under the catagory of being crunk an dont have thick southern that i have never heard of.  but than again i dont take this rap shit as serious as you do.  an i dont insult people who dont listen to the same shit as me like you.  i dont put down some1 if they dont kno as much about rap as i do.  i dont have to go out an make points about how i kno more than every1 else in one topic like you.  your go mad knowledge on the rap game but ur a fuckin asshole

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2004, 01:40:32 AM »
SGV, would you listen to rap with heavy Iranian accents?

Lost Mind

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2004, 02:54:21 AM »
SGV to tell u the truth u dont know shit about Southern Rap...

i mean u never heard of Geurilla Maab (Trae, Z-Ro, and Dougie D) or S.L.A.B. you prolly dont know shit about Swisha (Mike Jones and Magno) everyone knows the real good southern rap is from Tx not gay ass lil jon or ying yang twins hell luda cant even compare to the shit G-maab be rapping about... so ill just let Love above school u on what u need to know...

SGV

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2004, 06:30:00 AM »

all i gots to say is you can't stereotype a geographical group of rap, just because many (probably not even the majority) do it one way

This is my point. This thread was about South haters and look at the abundance of people who dislike "Crunk Music."  It's almost as if that's all they know out of the South. It's a generalization and stereotype, hence hating.

love_above. Thanks for letting me know about who started the slowed down music. Didn't know that. But, sorry to tell you. I knew about Lil Jon from the So So Def Bass All Star albums. If I'm not mistaken Inoj was his artist. Whether you want to believe it or not, is up to you. That's where I found out about Lil Jon.

Tom, point is, don't pull an intelligence card if you don't even spell 'Grammar' right. I know what an NY accent is, that's where my pops is from. He was born and raised in Brooklyn. But, to me, Prodigy and them have an accent I rarely hear anywhere else but in Blacks from NY. To you it's not an accent, that's where you're from. Also, trust me, I'm don't take Hip Hop too serious. I am not losing one bit of sleep over anything in Hip Hop. This is a message board. Remember how upset you would get when people would diss Mobb Deep? LOL.

NIK, I'd listen to anything. For example, I have no clue what Punjabi MC says, but the beats, flow and melodies are tight. So I dig his music.

Lost Mind, Geurilla Maab don't mean nothing to me. I'm not a Z-Ro fan. Swisha House, I bought their debut album in 99. The Day Hell Broke Loose or whatever. Ask anyone here, I've been talking about Paul Wall & Chamillion for years. I've been bumping Texas music for years. From Lil Keke to ESG, H.A.W.K. to Mddl Fngz. So, I got no clue what you're yapping about.

pappy

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2004, 12:35:10 PM »

Tom, point is, don't pull an intelligence card if you don't even spell 'Grammar' right. I know what an NY accent is, that's where my pops is from. He was born and raised in Brooklyn. But, to me, Prodigy and them have an accent I rarely hear anywhere else but in Blacks from NY. To you it's not an accent, that's where you're from. Also, trust me, I'm don't take Hip Hop too serious. I am not losing one bit of sleep over anything in Hip Hop. This is a message board. Remember how upset you would get when people would diss Mobb Deep? LOL.

when did i ever get upset when people dssed mobb deep b/c i never have. so please dont make shit up.  an its a computer board like i give a fuck about my grammer an spelling

SGV

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2004, 12:43:35 PM »
When I first started posting here, Mobb Deep was a touchy subject for you. All I'm saying about your grammar is this. Don't call out my intelligence while you're showing a lack of intelligence, with bad spelling.

Don Breezio

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2004, 05:38:11 PM »
lmao @ SGV...why make funs of someones intelligence based on the way their grammar is on the internet? thats fuckin dumb dude. if you're going to make fun of someones intelligence go to the TOT section and pick out all the dumbass comments people say and make fun of them for that.

SGV

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2004, 05:43:32 PM »
Got damn! I'm always the bad guy ain't I? Tom called me out on my intelligence, so I turned the tables on him. Don't make this about me. If you can't take what you dish out, then don't bother.

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2004, 11:36:00 PM »
the point of this thread was that most of us who posted in here do dislike "crunk music" BUT do not base our hate on the south on that

i mean cmon SGV several others and me listed certain southern rappers that we like, we just dislike the "crunk" music, no hate from me or anyone else

i mean props to Lil Jon to making it big but his music is not to my liking

Don Breezio

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2004, 11:48:12 PM »
This is my point. This thread was about South haters and look at the abundance of people who dislike "Crunk Music."  It's almost as if that's all they know out of the South. It's a generalization and stereotype, hence hating.

dude you're the one not understanding what people have been saying. all you're doing is zoning in on the word "Crunk"...yes most people have mentioned crunk music. but do you really expect us to tell you what we like and don't like without saying what we dont like? that makes no sense.

and yes you're always the bad guy...or atleast when you make stupid ass threads like this and make even stupider comments inside of them.

Lost Mind

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2004, 12:17:37 AM »

love_above. Thanks for letting me know about who started the slowed down music. Didn't know that. But, sorry to tell you. I knew about Lil Jon from the So So Def Bass All Star albums. If I'm not mistaken Inoj was his artist. Whether you want to believe it or not, is up to you. That's where I found out about Lil Jon.

NIK, I'd listen to anything. For example, I have no clue what Punjabi MC says, but the beats, flow and melodies are tight. So I dig his music.

Lost Mind, Geurilla Maab don't mean nothing to me. I'm not a Z-Ro fan. Swisha House, I bought their debut album in 99. The Day Hell Broke Loose or whatever. Ask anyone here, I've been talking about Paul Wall & Chamillion for years. I've been bumping Texas music for years. From Lil Keke to ESG, H.A.W.K. to Mddl Fngz. So, I got no clue what you're yapping about.

im not talking about them im talking about Mike Jones and Magno and G-maab and if u dont like them u aint gonna like no one in Tx cuzz they the best and biggest names in Tx right now...

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2004, 03:23:26 AM »

mayne tha maab,face,ccc,grit boys and hawk is tha best thing in tx..

but only outsiders would think mike n mag r tha best things..niggas in tx dont really even pay these clowns no minds...now cleveland they r big..

but mike jones...he is  trash real texans dont like this...they album was a disappointment...and he became played out after tha 1000th time mike said who ...mike jones..

magno is tight...his lil brother is better than he is..young slugga be wreckin mic's

if u dont like mike jones....u r a smart man or female period..kuz he is annoyin he says tha same ol shit,same catch phrase..he is a broken record...

but mag...he is good...he jus is hooked up with a dumb ass...
and swishahouse is trash they aint been tha same since 99..they came in tha game with like 11 good rappers and only got 3 rappers left...and only 2 r good...paul and mag

biggest names in tx..yep in 2001 them niggas have fallin off big time...

sgv u should listen to guerilla maab...4serious..i dont like z-ro my damn self...but his cousins trae and dougie d..mayne...they eat up microphones...ro is okay sometimes but when he is with them..mayne..and tha maab is in tha s.u.c

and slab is like tha lil click ...trae and dougie d had formed..ro isnt too much involved wit this..this is a click that trae really formed kuz he had a disagreement wit fellow suc rapper grace(useta rhyme wit yungstar)..slab is a accronym 4 ,slow loud and bangin...and grace had dislike sumthin trae had said..and made tha freestyle..sounds,like,another,biter...and they have been beefin ever since..its dead now...

z-ro,he shows up every now and then..on slab mixtapes.....he would be on like 3 freestyles out tha whole mixtape..but tha rest is jus dougie d,trae tha rest of they homeboys..and a couple of s.u.c members..mostly 3-2,mike d, redd,and grace who was on tha earlier vol's

if u wanna get on slab..start a tvol 3...its tha best 1 imo..tha infamous 50cent diss is on it..the diss is aight..but tha freestyles on it is..nice as hell... then goto slab vol4 then back 2 1,and 2..slab is waaaaaaaaaaay better than tha shit swishahouse and ccc put out...

Lost Mind

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2004, 03:29:33 AM »
yeah your right mike aint that bigg no more and magno is tight tho... but for real G-maab is tight and bigg in TX

G-maab goes like this in my order
1.Dougie D (my favrite he is the thoedest with the best voice and flow VERY underrated)
2.Trae (bad ass solo album and thoed typea flow only thing holdem him down is his voice kinda plain if u ax me)
3.Z-ro (dont get me wrong i like this mutha fucca but he is my least favrite what can i say?)

o yeah and love above what happen to Penny? i havent seen that foo on aim for a while where that foo at?

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2004, 03:57:45 AM »
yeah your right mike aint that bigg no more and magno is tight tho... but for real G-maab is tight and bigg in TX

G-maab goes like this in my order
1.Dougie D (my favrite he is the thoedest with the best voice and flow VERY underrated)
2.Trae (bad ass solo album and thoed typea flow only thing holdem him down is his voice kinda plain if u ax me)
3.Z-ro (dont get me wrong i like this mutha fucca but he is my least favrite what can i say?)

o yeah and love above what happen to Penny? i havent seen that foo on aim for a while where that foo at?

mayne ion even much know where that cake is at..prolly somewhere usin my pictures sayin he's me like he did over here.on englewood's forum...and on the layitlow forum..he aint on aim nomore ..kuz he prolly got a new name...all tha people he done betrayed on this bitch...dude use niggas 4 what he wants...be buddy buddy with ya...and then stab ya in tha back...he was cool with me...i seen all tha lil gay shit he useta do...until one of tha homies hit me up from layitlow..and on dj-quik.net sayin he was usin my shit.....

what kind of nigga save another dude pictures and go from site to site sayin he is that dude??

neway..

yea...trae voice is kinda weak..its betta slowed down...dougie d is better all around...and ro he is good in spots...