Author Topic: Kids these days...  (Read 386 times)

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
Re: Kids these days...
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2002, 07:55:42 AM »
Yo, I know exactly what you mean.  Shit like that is disgusting to me.  Swearing a LOT at any age seems very ignorant to me.  I mean I goto skool and i hear these guys swearing for no reason, their every 3rd word would be 'fuck'.  Its really pathetic, theres a limit to everything, swearing for no reason is just retarded, it makes you look mentalty frusturated, stupid and shows how limited your vocab is.  And i try to make everyone around me cuss less as well, it gets real sick when you live with a brother[apocalypse] who cusses every other second for no reason.  Espically lil kids swearing, that shit is pathetic, and like infinite said, a lot of kids behave this way because of the atmosphere at home.  The whole 'kids are innocent' thing seems to have diminished...Then again it isnt entirely the kids fault, at such an age they are like sponge's, they just suck in everything around them.  Switch on the TV and you see sum half naked tryin to seduce sumone, goto skool and hear all your friends swearing and talkin bout shit.  Play sum music and you hear a lotta swearing and negative stuff.  I mean its everywhere, how can you shield a kid from all this....But as a parent its your duty to teach your kid values, morals, manners, disicplen etc...thing is, most parents are kids themselves, societys fucked up.  The world is changing, we are mentaly and spiritualy devoling, Read my post on the mentalty of ppl these days, I gave a few examples there....

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

budsmokeronly

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2002, 08:08:04 AM »
That's one of the reason's I dont' cuss anymore.

Look: yall are all saying that kids shouldn't cuss.  Why?  Why should adults be able to do it, but not kids?  The answer:

Cussing is offensive, and NOBODY should do it.  It makes people look inarticulate, like they don't know the english language.  I can understand people saying a cuss word everyonce in a while, like as an accent, or to express emotion, but when every sentence people type is peppered with curse words, it gets stupid.  Why cuss?  Nobody notices if you don't.  There's several people on the board here that never cuss, and nobody notices, but when you DO cuss, people are sometimes offended.  We oughta just eliminate it from our life, it's easy to do.  

All cussing is is another word.  It is just a word.  If someone cusses in front of you why exactly does it offend you.  Is it because of the meaning of the word?  Fagget and homosexual have the same exact meaning, yet many people will take offense to the word fagget, yet homosexual is alright.  Or fuck and sex, have the same exact meaning in the right context, yet fuck is considered offensive.  Asshole and jerk is the same thing, I could go on and on about the examples.  And if it is not the meaning what is it?  If someone cussed you out in a foreign language and you had no idea what was said would you be offended?  I am never offended if someone cusses in front of me.  I don't cuss in front of a lot of people because they may be offended by it, and I do not disrespect people.  If I offend anyone by cussing on this board I am sorry, but this is a rap forum.  Rap is full of cussing, and I really can't understand how you can listen to rap and be offended by cussing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2002, 08:14:13 AM »
It's not just another word.  You're right, it's the meaning of the word.  When you say the word "F*ck" people immediately have thoughts of hardcore sex running through their mind.  That's offensive to alot of people.  When you say "Sh*t" people think of dog crap.  That's offensive to people.  It's the equivalent of me saying

"Hi! How ya doin?  How in the Your Father's Dead Rotting Corpse Are you Doing?  I just got back from the Your Mom's Panties Store, and they were totally sold out of Your Child Anally Raped Dish Detergent."

If I said that to someone, they'd probably be upset that I talked about their dead father, their mom's lingerie, and their child being brutally assualted.  It's the same thing If I say "F*ck or Sh*t".  Damn, Ass, Hell, Piss, those 4 aren't really that bad because they're not as shocking, or as taboo to talk about.  

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2002, 08:16:55 AM »

"Hi! How ya doin?  How in the Your Father's Dead Rotting Corpse Are you Doing?  I just got back from the Your Mom's Panties Store, and they were totally sold out of Your Child Anally Raped Dish Detergent."

LMAO, sick but funny

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

budsmokeronly

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2002, 08:32:01 AM »
It's not just another word.  You're right, it's the meaning of the word.  When you say the word "F*ck" people immediately have thoughts of hardcore sex running through their mind.  That's offensive to alot of people.  When you say "Sh*t" people think of dog crap.  That's offensive to people.  It's the equivalent of me saying

If I said that to someone, they'd probably be upset that I talked about their dead father, their mom's lingerie, and their child being brutally assualted.  It's the same thing If I say "F*ck or Sh*t".  Damn, Ass, Hell, Piss, those 4 aren't really that bad because they're not as shocking, or as taboo to talk about.

I do not see any connection with the cuss words you wrote and the sentence you wrote.  No cuss words have any meaning of referring to dead family members, rape, and that other stuff you wrote about.  I mean there are many other words that could be considered a lot more offensive than cuss words.  Such as pathetic, suck, bad, horrible, etc.  In my opionion I would be more offended if someone said I was a horrible person rather than an asshole.  And there is absolutely no difference in the meaning of shit and poop.  Used in the same context they have exactly the same meaning.  If you relate something to a word then you yourself are making the word offensive to yourself.  Example: Negro is a widely accepted word, but nigga or nigger is not because whites called blacks nigger to degrade them.  So when you hear the word nigger you automatically think of degradation of blacks.  Personally I am not racist at all and I hate it.  I don't mind hearing nigga in music and blacks saying it.  I don't even mind a white person saying it if I know they are not racist, but I would get offended by a white who I knew was racist said it.  I am not sure if you understand what I am trying to say, cause it is a lot harder to type it rather than speak it.

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2002, 04:35:23 PM »

Cussing is offensive, and NOBODY should do it. 

Alot of rappers careers would flop if they introduced this as a law. Kurupt would have anything to say if he couldn't 'fuck a bitch'. i spose it could make it a lil more interestin

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2002, 03:56:52 PM »
^^ I just think it's a lack of creativity, Kurupt's a prime example.  Look @ common and Plug-One from De La Soul, they hardly ever cuss and it's always dope.  Peace~

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2002, 05:11:03 PM »
LoL, nothing wrong with cussing...It's just sounds that come out of your mouth...LoL