Author Topic: There are MORONS everywhere  (Read 886 times)

Woodrow

There are MORONS everywhere
« on: January 02, 2004, 04:21:30 PM »
Britons just can't seem to find "Chicago," "Dallas" on a map

LONDON (AFP) - Sixty-five percent of Britons don't know in which US city the hit musical "Chicago" is set in, according to a nationwide survey for an upcoming TV quiz show.

Another 57 percent didn't know where the celebrated television soap opera "Dallas" was set, and two-thirds were equally at a loss to identify the city at the heart of the Roger Whittaker ballad "Streets of London".

YouGov, a market research organisation that uses on-line panels, questioned 1,000 respondents for a quiz show on Channel 4 titled "Beat the Nation" that goes on air next Monday. Its findings were released Friday.

The poll also indicated that 67 percent of Britons don't know when World War II ended, 64 percent didn't know where the French Alps were, and 70 percent didn't know where the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra is based.

The answers, by the way, are Chicago, Dallas, 1945, France and Vienna.

Reassuringly, the show's website on Friday said that "100 percent of the nation know the capital of France" -- but then there's never been a blockbuster hit called "Paris".

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1516&ncid=1516&e=2&u=/afp/20040102/od_afp/lifestyle_britain_040102181601

This is for those people who always bring up how stupid Americans are.

This is proof there are fucking moron's everywhere...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2004, 04:22:09 PM by Krayzie-Eyez Killah »

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:There are MORONS everywhere
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 04:48:21 PM »
True. People in general are stupid nowadays. Look at everything popular nowadays, from TV shows to movies to music, etc...

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Jome

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 07:19:42 PM »

LONDON (AFP) - Sixty-five percent of Britons don't know in which US city the hit musical "Chicago" is set in, according to a nationwide survey for an upcoming TV quiz show.

Another 57 percent didn't know where the celebrated television soap opera "Dallas" was set, and two-thirds were equally at a loss to identify the city at the heart of the Roger Whittaker ballad "Streets of London".

YouGov, a market research organisation that uses on-line panels, questioned 1,000 respondents for a quiz show on Channel 4 titled "Beat the Nation" that goes on air next Monday. Its findings were released Friday.

The poll also indicated that 67 percent of Britons don't know when World War II ended, 64 percent didn't know where the French Alps were, and 70 percent didn't know where the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra is based.

:o

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 09:39:30 PM »
AFTER THIS I DONT EVER WANNA HEAR A BRITISH PERSON SAY AMERICANS ARE IGNORANT.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2004, 10:29:57 PM »
Damn.  I feel good now, hell, I knew all 5 of those answers.  I must be a genius.  Or at least 5 times as smart as a Brit.  

mauzip

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2004, 03:00:33 AM »
lol

Be real though, these are tricky questions. If someone would come up to you and asked: "In which US city is the the hit musical Chicago set in?" I can imagine you could think it's not Chicago. In fact, I'm not even sure myself because 1) I've never seen the musical and 2) I don't care for musicals.

The fact they don't know when WW2 ended is just plain stupid though :-X
« Last Edit: January 03, 2004, 03:01:22 AM by mauzip »

Citizen-Y

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2004, 09:13:03 AM »
lol

Be real though, these are tricky questions. If someone would come up to you and asked: "In which US city is the the hit musical Chicago set in?" I can imagine you could think it's not Chicago. In fact, I'm not even sure myself because 1) I've never seen the musical and 2) I don't care for musicals.

Why is that tricky?  It's like asking someone where the New York Yankees play.

mauzip

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2004, 09:42:16 AM »
Yeah I know, but can't you imagine that if someone would come up to you to ask where the musical Chicago is set in you would think it is NOT set in Chicago because that would be an open door?

bez

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2004, 12:16:26 PM »
What the fuck. lol

If somebody came up to me and asked me where Chicago was set I would say Chicago.  If somebody came up to me and asked me where Dallas was set I would say Dallas.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2004, 12:57:39 PM »
Yeah.  In america, we name our shows after other cities.  I'm writing a play right now called "Milwaulkee" that takes place in a small town near Nashville.  I just finished "Los Angeles", about a group of Brooklyn firefighters.  

Nightfall

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2004, 02:48:40 PM »
Yeah.  In america, we name our shows after other cities.  I'm writing a play right now called "Milwaulkee" that takes place in a small town near Nashville.  I just finished "Los Angeles", about a group of Brooklyn firefighters.  

lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2004, 03:40:21 PM »
Brits just like putting Americans down to feel better...I bet if you asked a Brit what state Chicago was in, they wouldn't even know...PeACe

Don Breezio

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2004, 06:02:37 PM »
lol

you have officially destroyed the tiny shred of intelligence i thought you had left in you.

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2004, 09:25:28 PM »
theres people like this everywhere....you could ask these types of questions to people and get the same answers as the title says There are morons everywhere
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

Don Seer

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2004, 02:20:39 AM »
knowing dates/geographical stuff isnt a measure of intelligence..