Author Topic: Are there any Jews on this board?  (Read 259 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Are there any Jews on this board?
« on: January 02, 2004, 06:58:14 PM »
I have some questions about your religion. Please respond in this thread if your are of the faith of Judaism.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Seer

Re:Are there any Jews on this board?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2004, 03:41:17 AM »
N.I.N.B is jewish

mauzip

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2004, 04:28:10 AM »
I am one eighth Jewish :P

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2004, 03:03:52 PM »
I am one eighth Jewish :P

Do you practice the religion?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2004, 03:34:49 PM »
I'm Jewish...

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2004, 03:43:21 PM »
I'm Jewish...

I got a few questions if you don't mind answering:

If Jews believe that Moses was God's last prophet, what is their thought on the fullfilling on the prophecies in the Old Testament?
What is the story behind the Bar Mitzvah?
What is the teaching of tolerance towards other Abrahamic religions such as Christianity & Islam?
Why did the Jews kill Mohammed?

I had a few more but I forgot them. I'll try and remember them for later.

Paris

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2004, 03:46:29 PM »
bar mitzvah is the celebration of a boy becoming a man

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2004, 03:53:12 PM »
I'm Jewish...

If Jews believe that Moses was God's last prophet, what is their thought on the fullfilling on the prophecies in the Old Testament?
What is the teaching of tolerance towards other Abrahamic religions such as Christianity & Islam?

1.Moses was not the last prophet, we're still waiting for the messiah.
2.A boy becomes a man at age 13...We just have a big party on our 13th birthday.
3.We respect those religions, but don't accept them as holy, while Muslims accept The Old Testamant and The New Testamant as holy books...For us, it just stops after The Old Testamant.
4.We don't believe that.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2004, 03:53:20 PM »
bar mitzvah is the celebration of a boy becoming a man
I know that. I meant was is the story? I mean like the way Hannukah has to do with the story when the Minora was lit and it miraculously burned for 8 days.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2004, 03:55:54 PM »
I'm Jewish...

2.A boy becomes a man at age 13...We just have a big party on our 13th birthday.
3.We respect those religions, but don't accept them as holy, while Muslims accept The Old Testamant and The New Testamant as holy books...For us, it just stops after The Old Testamant.
4.We don't believe that.

1. I did not know that. When is the Messiah expected to come, or are you unsure?
2.No story behind it, like Hannukah?
3.I can respect that belief.
4. I am unsure of that as well. Just curious if they speak out against Mohammed.

Thanks for answering.

Paris

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2004, 03:58:53 PM »
I'm Jewish...

4.We don't believe that.

1. I did not know that. When is the Messiah expected to come, or are you unsure?
4. I am unsure of that as well. Just curious if they speak out against Mohammed.

Thanks for answering.

We don't know exactly when the Messiah is supposed to come, we just know he's supposed to. And no, there's no story behind the Bar-Mitzvah...It's just a tradition carried out...PeACe

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2004, 04:05:29 PM »
Jews recognize that children cannot commit sin, and the traditional jewish age when a child is capable of sin is 13.  They're also allowed to be counted as a part of a ceremony, and bless the torah, etc.  They're considered an adult as soon as they turn 13, can marry, sign contracts, etc.  The party originated with the 13 year old usually blessing the reading of the torah following his 13th birthday, because that would be the first time he would be allowed to do so, and it's considered a priviledge.  Today, they have a big party and celebrate the things he's now allowed to do, like lead a congregation in prayer, etc.  

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2004, 04:07:35 PM »
I'm Jewish...

4.We don't believe that.

Thanks for answering.

We don't know exactly when the Messiah is supposed to come, we just know he's supposed to. And no, there's no story behind the Bar-Mitzvah...It's just a tradition carried out...PeACe

Ok thanks.

Paris

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2004, 04:11:16 PM »
Jews recognize that children cannot commit sin, and the traditional jewish age when a child is capable of sin is 13.  They're also allowed to be counted as a part of a ceremony, and bless the torah, etc.  They're considered an adult as soon as they turn 13, can marry, sign contracts, etc.  The party originated with the 13 year old usually blessing the reading of the torah following his 13th birthday, because that would be the first time he would be allowed to do so, and it's considered a priviledge.  Today, they have a big party and celebrate the things he's now allowed to do, like lead a congregation in prayer, etc.  

Yea, like I said, it's a tradition...PeACe

mauzip

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2004, 03:18:28 AM »