Author Topic: Yukmouth - Thug Lord: The New Testament  (Read 212 times)

SGV

Yukmouth - Thug Lord: The New Testament
« on: January 03, 2004, 11:25:24 AM »
After bumping this all day at work today, I've came to the conclusion that it's a real dope album. I always liked it, but never thought highly of it. It really only has a few weak cuts, Godzilla is better though. The production on this is more street, sort of one dimensional, Godzilla was more variety. Anyway though, some great verses from Yuk and some amazing guest appearances. G-Rap, LQ, TechN9ne, Kurupt, C-Bo, they all ripped it. Hardest beat is easily L.T.'s beat on "Oh Boy." That's still an anthem for me. 7 from Murder Inc had some hot shit on this, P.Killer from Ruff Ryders came with it too. L.T. and Mike Dean came hardest though. I never minded Yuk's yelling, but I'd rather him go back to the Luniz Yuk. Nonetheless, dope album.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Yukmouth - Thug Lord: The New Testament
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2004, 08:04:52 PM »
yep..tight album

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2004, 11:30:27 PM »
i think godzilla and the albulation are way better albums than this cd, i mean its dope but some of the beats sound well just wack

BTW this is the only yukmouth cd i dont have

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2004, 12:12:24 AM »
i used to have this cd...it was good but something about it just didnt exactly float my boat. it was a good album though. good for a few listens.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2004, 04:17:51 AM »
It's a nice album, but I like Godzilla more...I bumped Thug Lord a few times and than I kinda forgot about it...it's not bad tho

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2004, 08:19:16 AM »
i thought it was an amazing album and better than godzilla.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2004, 10:41:52 AM »
very dope album, I prefer it over Godzilla, I like Yuk's yelling style alot

West C. Connected

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2004, 11:08:45 AM »
I thought Godzilla was a VERY dope West Coast album.
And tracks like Nothin' 2 A Boss and Kidnap U had some real dope production.

SGV

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2004, 02:37:20 PM »
This album is only good to people who like hardcore Hip Hop. That's why I said it's more one dimensional. But, Thugged Out: Tha Albulation or whatever, I didn't like. Maybe if he would've made it 1 CD, it would've been better. Double CDs almost ALWAYS suck.

f0n|{sta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • U Cant Fuck With The One Man Band ^^
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2004, 02:42:21 PM »
i got this album original copy...pretty nice album

--- G-Funk...all day everyday ---

An-Tony-O Montana

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • ScArFaCe In ThA fLeSh MuThAfUcKa!
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2004, 03:32:12 PM »
I thought Godzilla was a VERY dope West Coast album.
And tracks like Nothin' 2 A Boss and Kidnap U had some real dope production.

^Yea i really think the Kidnap U track could of blown the fuck up... it would of been a perfect single, nice beat, tight hook, nice verse from yuk... i know the ladiez love it...

~1~

G FUNK IS HERE TO STAY FOR THOSE NON BELIEVERS EAT A DICK UP TILL YOU HICKUP! 8) 8)

SGV

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2004, 03:44:14 PM »
Yea, I still think they need to release a video for "Kidnap U," or at least the track with Aaron Hall. I can almost bet that will blow up, with the right push. That's what's messed up. Yukmouth dropped a great album with Godzilla, it has everything a Hip Hop album needs to blow up today, and it went under the radar.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2004, 04:24:33 PM »
Thugged Out: Tha Albulation or whatever, I didn't like. Maybe if he would've made it 1 CD, it would've been better. Double CDs almost ALWAYS suck.

agreed.. the only track I'm still bumpin is Bumbell and Nina is the one who ripped this one

An-Tony-O Montana

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • ScArFaCe In ThA fLeSh MuThAfUcKa!
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2004, 09:20:19 AM »
Yea, I still think they need to release a video for "Kidnap U," or at least the track with Aaron Hall. I can almost bet that will blow up, with the right push. That's what's messed up. Yukmouth dropped a great album with Godzilla, it has everything a Hip Hop album needs to blow up today, and it went under the radar.

^yea, i really thought this album was gonna be the big one for yuk as a solo artist but right before it was released i knew it was gonna get slept on. Not enough promotion, "Kidnap U" should of been the 2nd single and Rap-A-Lot should of really pushed that muthafucka... It's not 2 late 2 drop that as a single now but i don't see it happening... "Nuthin' to a Boss" was also bangin' thou, the album had that comercial apeal 2 it and everything and it still got slept on...

~1~

G FUNK IS HERE TO STAY FOR THOSE NON BELIEVERS EAT A DICK UP TILL YOU HICKUP! 8) 8)