Author Topic: THe P-Diddy hate thread  (Read 644 times)

eS El Duque

Re:THe P-Diddy hate thread
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2004, 04:35:13 PM »
Didn't he raise 2 Mil. for Public Schools on NY?

hahah...na...he didn't :P...he belives he did

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2004, 04:48:08 PM »
Fuck Diddy. Never liked him, never will. Before 97 I could deal with him as he was a lot more behind the scenes, but when he started putting his goofy ass in all these videos with the shiny suits and shit, ugh.

To be honest I blame puff for the downfall of rap music, look how bastardized, watered down and commercial it is now. Diddly had a big hand in that. Now 'hip hops' biggest audience is probably clubbers.

Plus the guy SUCKS. Rapping? please. Producing? Ha, he jacks more credit than Dre ever did. All he could ever get props for was his business sense. But he gets too much credit for breaking new artists. All he was for Jodeci and Mary J was a stylist, they woulda been huge anyway. He turned Mase into a clown. He did a good job with Biggie, but if he hadn't of died he would of got more and more watered down with puff in his ear. Oh not to mention all the acclaim and money Puff made on that bullshit tribute track, the most overrated song of the 90s.

I agree with everything that's said here.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

SGV

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2004, 06:27:20 PM »
Hip Hop's biggest audience has ALWAYS been the clubs. If Hip Hop wasn't in the parks, it was in the clubs. Believe it. Puffy knows, hell EVERY CEO knows, club tracks will sell. It's being a smart business man.

Puffy ain't that bad on the mic, he's still better than a lot of producers that rap. Diddy always gave credit to his ghost producers. Something others don't always do. The Hittmen have always been known as Diddy's In-House producers.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2004, 06:49:37 PM »
Tha real ice cream man = yukmouth

Master P jacked ideas, game, and money from the bay and ran off with it not reppin his roots 1 bit.....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Last Dragon

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2004, 08:27:43 PM »
No Way Out= One of the best party albums ever

Trauma-san

« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2004, 08:33:35 PM »
I think people a lot of the time (not pointing fingers) think that it makes them less intelligent or a sellout to actually enjoy something simple.  That's why people stop watching cartoons, stop eating ice cream, and don't listen to Puff Daddy albums, lol.  I can't hate on him, No Way Out, like they said, was one of the best rap albums of all time.  Maybe most of that is because of Biggie, but still Puffy made a great album.  Nothing he's done since or ever will do will take that away from him.  

Don Breezio

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2004, 08:34:33 PM »
I think people a lot of the time (not pointing fingers) think that it makes them less intelligent or a sellout to actually enjoy something simple.  That's why people stop watching cartoons, stop eating ice cream, and don't listen to Puff Daddy albums, lol.  I can't hate on him, No Way Out, like they said, was one of the best rap albums of all time.  Maybe most of that is because of Biggie, but still Puffy made a great album.  Nothing he's done since or ever will do will take that away from him.  

lol i agree but what does that have to do with eating ice cream? lol

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2004, 08:53:54 PM »

Bullshit.
I don't have to hear some deep lyrics for me to like an artist or song. I'm a HUGE DJ Quik fan and he only occasionally steps out of rapping about partying, women, weed and booze. Bottom line is the dude makes good music. A lot of artists make great music without having to be extra-lyrical rapping about space shit and rhyming six syllables at a time and such. Then there are other so-called artists that make cornball music, ride of other people's coattails and his disgusting self-promotion and yes I do blame him for a lot of the bullshit that's out nowadays. There is no reason for me to ever support Puffy or give him any props.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Trauma-san

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2004, 09:03:40 PM »
Well, it's your opinion, but when I hear "Big Poppa", I like the beat, and I like puffy's ad libs in the background.  I like "All about the Benjamins", I just like shit like that.  I'm not gonna hate the guy for self promotion when you've got the most creative group in rap, OUTKAST, giving out awards at award shows, and promoting their own fucking album when they're supposed to be honoring somebody else.  Or you've got Dr. Dre going around saying he's the greatest producer of all time, or rapping about how he makes more on one beat than rappers make their whole careers, all that shit.  That's hypocritical to say you don't like Diddy's self promotion when EVERY rapper does that shit.  

Don Breezio

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2004, 09:05:08 PM »
Well, it's your opinion, but when I hear "Big Poppa", I like the beat, and I like puffy's ad libs in the background.  I like "All about the Benjamins", I just like shit like that.  I'm not gonna hate the guy for self promotion when you've got the most creative group in rap, OUTKAST, giving out awards at award shows, and promoting their own fucking album when they're supposed to be honoring somebody else.  Or you've got Dr. Dre going around saying he's the greatest producer of all time, or rapping about how he makes more on one beat than rappers make their whole careers, all that shit.  That's hypocritical to say you don't like Diddy's self promotion when EVERY rapper does that shit.  

well said

SGV

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2004, 09:18:33 PM »
Tha real ice cream man = yukmouth

Master P jacked ideas, game, and money from the bay and ran off with it not reppin his roots 1 bit.....
Do you think Yuk invented that? You know how many hustlers used the phrase "Ice Cream Man"? Yuk is bitter that it got P attention, and not him, Dru and Knum. P never jacked the Bay, he brought a lot of attention to the Bay, along with Speezy, 40 and Short.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2004, 09:35:11 PM »
I dunno mane....dats like (for example) an artist like Kokane comin 2 tha bay makin a hit song goin "bow wow wow, yipee yo yipee yay" and reppin tha bay to tha fullest when he got all his game from Dogg Pound......but fuck all that, tha shit P did hustlin artists waz even worse.....he ran off with alot of money and dats a fact.....he became rich and payed everyone back because they waz puttin prices on his head.....

"Ask Master P, there aint no limit 2 my guns" - Kill Keise

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

SGV

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2004, 09:55:13 PM »
I dunno mane....dats like (for example) an artist like Kokane comin 2 tha bay makin a hit song goin "bow wow wow, yipee yo yipee yay" and reppin tha bay to tha fullest when he got all his game from Dogg Pound......but fuck all that, tha shit P did hustlin artists waz even worse.....he ran off with alot of money and dats a fact.....he became rich and payed everyone back because they waz puttin prices on his head.....

"Ask Master P, there aint no limit 2 my guns" - Kill Keise
I'll put it this way. The Bay ain't that big. P and Yuk probably knew the same people, heard the same slang. They probably both had the idea for the song, but Yuk, Dru and Knum acted on it first. As for the money, it's not like P was the first person to jack artists. To tell you the truth, MOST of the people who had a problem with P over money never spoke out until years later. Same thing with Yuk, he didn't yall foul until years down the road. If it was that serious they would've made it an issue way before P became a star.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2004, 10:22:11 PM »
yoo fuck it man Ice Cream Man Was dope
« Last Edit: January 05, 2004, 10:23:42 PM by .:Bigg Chillah:. »

Immortal

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2004, 10:36:50 PM »
i repeat, P diddy is a bitch ass , and i will never buy a single album from him ever and never have  8)

"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA