Author Topic: Cockiest Rapper?  (Read 865 times)

PLANT

Re:Cockiest Rapper?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2004, 05:03:07 PM »
Big L was hella cocky too and he was great at it
Ya Big L for sure...Some sick shit in the "98 Freestyle", among other tracks from that album.

Jome

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2004, 05:48:59 PM »
Royce da 5'9
T.I.
50 Cent
Eminem

Among the cockiest rappers out today.. cockiness goes back to the roots of MC'ing though, supreme lyricists is almost always cocky.

Royce entitles himself as "The King", that's cocky right thurr..  ;D

A lot of MC's raps as if they're battling a unknown opponent, and in the process bigs themselves up a lot.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2004, 05:49:43 PM by Royce Jome »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2004, 05:58:05 PM »
^^^so 50cent is a supreme lyricist?? ;)

but i see what your sayin, his kinda cocky.......but its dope......

but yeah sick lyricists are usually always cocky, cuz they that good........

some of the cockiest rappers gotta be

slick........man he did that shit in style though

bigL..............yo aint no manz gon hate on it though.....

nas............yo stillmatic says how cocky he is............but aint nobody hittin him about it cuz they know they gon get served.........imo the sickest rapper today.........in his prime still.........

man alot of niggaz be cocky, not even dope ones, its jus the way the game be played.......

peace

SGV

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2004, 06:22:58 PM »
It's T.I. On his Major Label debut he's talking about to be like him you need a track with God, Jesus and Jay-Z. For someone he just stepped on the scene, that was hella cocky. Not to mention, calling himself the King Of The South, when he ain't done nothing, is even more cocky.

Don Breezio

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2004, 06:57:41 PM »
It's T.I. On his Major Label debut he's talking about to be like him you need a track with God, Jesus and Jay-Z. For someone he just stepped on the scene, that was hella cocky. Not to mention, calling himself the King Of The South, when he ain't done nothing, is even more cocky.

thats what im saying...

on all his albums he's either talking about how he's the best rapper on the mic or how he's like the flyest guy out there. i believe there was a line on his new album about how he's better than jay-z...i cant remember the exact line.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2004, 08:23:15 PM »
jayz, 50,

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2004, 08:35:09 PM »
come on, though.  Lets just all agree that an M.C. who says "I wipe my ass with a rapper's face" has got to be the cockiest.  You can't get cockier than that.  

Don Breezio

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2004, 08:37:16 PM »
come on, though.  Lets just all agree that an M.C. who says "I wipe my ass with a rapper's face" has got to be the cockiest.  You can't get cockier than that.  

lol @ lets just all agree...thats pretty cocky..."lets all agree because im right and you're all wrong"...lol

but i do agree with you trauma...slick rick is the cockiest of all time...but i would say T.I. is a close 2nd

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2004, 08:43:04 PM »
Yeah, I'm cocky too, always have been, women love it.  This girl was flirting with me today, she said 'aren't you proud of me, this is my second cigarette today, and it's almost noon!" ...... so I just said "Well, I haven't smoked at all today"  "Do you smoke?" "No" LOL  Fuck her, how can I be proud of her for being half of what I am.

SGV

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2004, 09:20:10 PM »
How about this.

"I'll drink a beer over ya soul, muthafucka Rich Roll!"-Jayo

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2004, 02:11:15 AM »
Jome, you're an idiot...Royce The 5'9" isn't cocky, in fact, his main problem is that he lacks confidence...Jay-Z has to be the cockiest...Didn't he say he was better than Biggie?

SGV

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2004, 02:13:36 AM »
Royce called himself the King of Detroit. Yea, he's cocky.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2004, 02:46:44 AM »
Royce called himself the King of Detroit. Yea, he's cocky.

There's a difference between rapping about yourself, and actually feeling that way about yourself...Of course every battle rapper is gunna rap about how good they are, and all that shit. But when Royce speaks in interviews, you can tell he lacks a lot of confidence, and that's the main reason he tries to raise his self-esteem by calling himself "the king" on tracks.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2004, 02:48:35 AM »
I mean, Royce admits that Eminem is better than him...If he was truely cocky, do you think he'd admit to that?...All battle rappers crown themselves the greatest in songs, but it doesn't mean they really feel that way...Just look at Canibus.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2004, 06:29:24 AM »
sccit is right, for instance, look at nas, what the fella said in a interview.. he said something like "I just give 10 %" loool. and that was kinda an excuse how somebody can be better than him. it was ridicolous.

Jay Z thinks too much of himself as well, imho he aint that good. "Im supposed to be Nr.1 on anybodies list"... well not on mine.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin