Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails - Hurt...(WSC sampled this)  (Read 1183 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Nine Inch Nails - Hurt...(WSC sampled this)
« on: January 05, 2004, 06:09:07 PM »
Who likes the song "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails? I'm not really a Nine Inch Nails fan, but that song is fuckin nice as hell...Westside Connection sampled the beat on "The Gangsta, The Killa, and The Dope Dealer"...Johnny Cash also did a cover of this song, which is also cool...If you haven't heard the song, download it...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:Nine Inch Nails - Hurt...(WSC sampled this)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 02:20:09 PM »
This board is so open minded... ::)

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 03:53:09 PM »
Yea, it's pretty amazing to me how close minded people are that listen to rap.  Generally speaking, of course, there's exceptions.  I can't ever get anybody to listen to anything.  For instance dude in my avatar, Brian Wilson is WIDELY considered to be maybe the greatest songwriter to ever live, nobody gives a shit, lol I haven't even wasted my time typing up anything about him.  

On the same vein, though, I could give a fuck about most of the rappers in the bay, I guess it's just we all have different tastes...

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 07:02:45 PM »
i like nine inch nails etc

y do u hate on rappers in the bay? i didnt give a fuck either till i gave them a listen  ::)

Efrain

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 07:40:27 PM »
Yea, Hurt is my fav Trent Reznor tune. You know, when he made the downward spiral album he was living in the basement of a funeral home. He thought being around death would inspire him to write and create the type of sound he was looking for. Pretty crazy huh?
If you liked Hurt than listen to anything off the Downward Spiral album. A lot the songs are like like Hurt, dark and depressing. Check out "Piggy" "Eraser" and "Closer"(Sure you'll recognize it)

:)

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2004, 08:20:26 PM »
I've always liked the song. I'm a closet NIN fan.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2004, 08:33:16 PM »
On the same vein, though, I could give a fuck about most of the rappers in the bay, I guess it's just we all have different tastes...

cuzz U dont give them a chance...

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Suga Foot

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2004, 11:04:29 PM »
IMO The Best Hip Hop Talent is in the Bay.  

I consider myself an open minded person.  I'll check almost anything out.  I like NIN "Even Deeper" (It was mixed by Dr. Dre  ;))

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2004, 11:13:28 PM »
^^ Fave nin track fa sho. The sonar sound rocks!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 11:21:19 PM by The Big Bad Ass »

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2004, 06:56:25 AM »

cuzz U dont give them a chance...

Yeah, I don't, that's my point.  How many Brian Wilson, beatles, Fiona Apple, Billy Joel, Elton John, Van Morrison, Willie Nelson, or any of the other 100 artists I've preached about... how many of their songs have YOU given a chance?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2004, 04:17:58 PM »
I'm probably the most musically open-minded person on this board...I'll listen to anything, from some hardcore C-Bo shit, to some old school Led Zeppelin shit, to some played out Beatles shit, to some G-Funk Warren G shit...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2004, 12:45:23 AM »
are you sure about that title ^,lol

anyways yeah that song is the shit, both "hurt" and the gangsta the killa....

oh yeah i agree with trauma many rap FANS are the most musically ignorant and closed minded fans in the history of music. every genre before rap ecouraged the learning of an instrument....which is a proven measure of intellect. hip hop does the opposite....instead of learning to play a riff by taking up the instrument.....they simply sample it. also many fans of rap won't listen to anything else  and even say so. but this is a hypocritical notion being that rap sonically isn't a real genre....when you listen to most rap tunes they're just borowed sounds from else where

i like rap in all but people give it too much credit as a form of music.

-rap is the most honest form of music-
false , listen to any real form of music before 1979 (the brith of hip hop) and you'll hear more honesty

-rap speaks to the youth better than any other genre-

oh really? listen to any classic song from the sixties and i'll beg to differ

-rap is the purest form of expression-

aside from a few rappers like pac......the only thing hip hop has expressed is oversexed male machismo and supremecy. there's truer forms of expression in death metal and folk music than in hip hop . straight up.

again i like hip hop/rap but it's liek Jack White said of the White Stripes:

"in black music, you used to see a new thing every two years. first there was blues, then jazz, rock and roll, motown, funk...it regenerated all the time. but hip-hop hasn't regenerated itself for the last 15 years. people criticize our band for having our head in the 60's. but hip hop artists are considered  cutting edge even though they're doing the same thing that was done in 1986."

sorry i had to rant

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2004, 12:51:45 AM »
Yeah, I don't, that's my point.  How many Brian Wilson, beatles, Fiona Apple, Billy Joel, Elton John, Van Morrison, Willie Nelson, or any of the other 100 artists I've preached about... how many of their songs have YOU given a chance?

woah woah....U seen 2 be forgettin me askin U bout all them Beatles songs....loll...they coo...

fiona apple....talented female....

elton johns gay tho....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Don Breezio

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2004, 12:53:03 AM »
ya know i agree w/ the close minded statement...i try to be open minded about all music. the only music i dont like is country. im not really into the old ac/dc type of rock either. but some old stuff is great (elton john, kansas, etc...), i listen to all types of music really though...i prefer hip hop, i love R&B, i own more alternative cds than rap & r&b put together, techno/trance is big with me...like i said the only thing i dont like is country...and its not that i havent given it a chance...i've lived w/ it for 12 years.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2004, 01:20:41 AM »
I'll be the first to admit that I'm very close minded. I don't really give a shit though. But with that said I actually like a lot of NIN songs. I've never heard "Hurt" before but "Gangsta, Killa and Dope Deala" is IMO they best trac ever. So maybe I should give the NIN song a listen.