Author Topic: Woman charged over lost lottery ticket claim ** Update  (Read 415 times)

JTSimon

Re:Woman says she lost $162M ticket
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2004, 08:55:42 PM »
So, because you can't read, I'm backwards.  The post is about the woman who says she lost it. Take a little logic jump, and you can assume my reply is ALSO about the woman who says she lost it. Work with me a little bit here, you might learn someth... nevermind, you'll never learn shit.  

Fraud my ass...what did you think they were gonna pay her.

Jome

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2004, 09:15:56 PM »

Still fraud.. if I was one of the people looking for the ticket out in the cold, and got to know that she was bullshitting, I would sue her for $102.6 mill., at least if I was American..

JTSimon

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2004, 09:25:21 PM »

Still fraud.. if I was one of the people looking for the ticket out in the cold, and got to know that she was bullshitting, I would sue her for $102.6 mill., at least if I was American..

;D Its only fraud if you have a chance at getting something.

JTSimon

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2004, 06:28:57 PM »
(CNN) -- Admitting she lied about winning a multimillion dollar lottery ticket, an Ohio woman dropped her lawsuit Thursday intended to stop the declared winner from collecting the cash.

"I wanted to win. The numbers were so overwhelming," lottery challenger Elecia Battle said. "I did buy a ticket, and I lost it. I wanted to win so bad for my kids, my family."

The 40-year-old had asked a Cuyahoga County judge in Cleveland to stop Ohio lottery officials from paying Rebecca Jemison, the declared winner of the $162 million jackpot from the December 30 Mega Millions multistate drawing.

Contrite and tearful at a news briefing, Battle said she had the suit dismissed Thursday.

"I do want the world to know I apologize for any inconvenience," she said.

She had said she lost her winning ticket when she dropped her purse outside a store in South Euclid, a Cleveland suburb, where she bought the ticket.

Battle has had some run-ins with the law in the past.

In 1998, Battle, then Elecia Dickson, was convicted of misusing a credit card, a misdemeanor, while working at a suburban Cleveland pharmacy.

She was accused of using someone else's credit card number to purchase prescriptions for her family, court records show.

She was fined $450 and given a 10-day suspended jail term. Battle also has misdemeanor convictions for assault and trespassing, but she served no jail time on those charges either, according to court records.

Ohio Lottery Director Dennis Kennedy said this week that his office was confident Jemison was the rightful winner.

Jemison chose the cash option for the drawing, which results in a $94 million one-time payout -- about $67 million after taxes, Kennedy said.

Jemison, 34, a telecommunications worker at a Cleveland-area hospital, came forward after Battle made her claim and after consulting a lawyer and accountant.

A wife and mother of a 12-year-old daughter, she said she routinely played the same numbers -- 12, 18, 21, 32, 46 and 49 -- for about two years.

Battle said she played the same numbers, but she told police she had no receipts for anything purchased at the store and said the card on which she marked the numbers had been left there, said Lt. Kevin Nieter, a South Euclid police spokesman.

Jome

Re:Woman admits to lying about $162M ticket * Update
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2004, 07:21:54 PM »

JTSimon

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2004, 07:23:38 PM »

Jome

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2004, 08:10:57 PM »
^^ Told you it's fraud..
She's risking 6 months in prison for false statement..  :D

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2004, 08:33:41 PM »
^^ Told you it's fraud..
She's risking 6 months in prison for false statement..  :D
lol, damn. Crazy bitch.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2004, 02:39:16 AM »
I hope she dies.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Winning ticket turned in for $162M jackpot
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2004, 06:46:03 AM »

Look at her Husband.  That's the coolest fucker alive, just look at him.

LMAO
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2004, 07:16:00 AM »
So, because you can't read, I'm backwards.  The post is about the woman who says she lost it. Take a little logic jump, and you can assume my reply is ALSO about the woman who says she lost it. Work with me a little bit here, you might learn someth... nevermind, you'll never learn shit.  

Honestly, and this isn't personal... you are, without a doubt, the stupidist mother fucker that has ever been on this board.  Man, you are just a DUMB sonofabitch.  At least when I argue with other people, they halfway know what the fuck I'm talking about.  You can't even comprehend simple concepts, like Fraud, for instance.  You oughta smack your mom in the mouth for laying down with your dead-beat daddy and making your gene pool so fucking cloudy.  

JTSimon

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2004, 09:13:54 AM »

Honestly, and this isn't personal... you are, without a doubt, the stupidist mother fucker that has ever been on this board.  Man, you are just a DUMB sonofabitch.  At least when I argue with other people, they halfway know what the fuck I'm talking about.  You can't even comprehend simple concepts, like Fraud, for instance.  You oughta smack your mom in the mouth for laying down with your dead-beat daddy and making your gene pool so fucking cloudy.  

Don't make me laugh Mr. Unfuckwitable.

Your stupidity.
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=44252

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=45743

;D lol let me know when she is charged with fraud fruitcake.

If the police are gonna charge her with anything it will be falsify a police report.

JTSimon

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2004, 06:01:20 PM »
Just as I predicted this morning  ;D

Woman charged over lost lottery ticket claim
Filing false police report could bring six-month sentence, fine
Friday, January 9, 2004 Posted: 4:38 PM EST (2138 GMT)

(CNN) -- The woman who claimed to have lost a winning lottery ticket and then acknowledged that she lied about it was charged with one count of filing a false police report, a South Euclid, Ohio, police spokeswoman said Friday.

The spokeswoman said Elecia Battle will appear in court January 15 on the misdemeanor charge and could be sentenced to six months in jail and fined $1,000 if convicted.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Midwest/01/09/lottery.charge/index.html
« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 06:03:01 PM by Max Powers »

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Woman charged over lost lottery ticket claim ** Update
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2004, 09:00:18 PM »
Had to give a bad rep to my home state...Blah...