Author Topic: questions about religion an heaven  (Read 406 times)

HBKid_Jr

questions about religion an heaven
« on: July 24, 2002, 10:08:21 AM »
How do other religions view those in other religions.  would they go to hell or b/c they dont follow that certain religion
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
Re: questions about religion an heaven
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2002, 03:39:51 PM »
No, in my religion anyway, Sikhsism respects all religions and preaches that we all are equal and pray to one God etc etc...Plus we dont really beleive in heaven or hell, just reincarnation, karma, nirvana n stuff...Theres no where written that ppl who dont believe in Sikhism will goto hell.  It is true that we dont believe our Gurus/Prophets to be our "saviors" unlike the christian belif that Jesus is humantys savior, he took the punishment of all our sins and u can be accepted into Heaven just by beleiving into him etc...But it doesnt say that Christians beleiving in that sorta stuff is wrong...So we coo...

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2002, 04:16:37 PM »
In Christianity, if you don't except Christ as your lord and savior than you will suffer eternal separation from God. You don't do that, you don't reach paradise.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Woodrow

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2002, 04:31:06 PM »
:. link=board=thehall;num=1027541301;start=0#1 date=07/24/02 at 20:39:51]No, in my religion anyway, Sikhsism respects all religions and preaches that we all are equal and pray to one God etc etc...Plus we dont really beleive in heaven or hell, just reincarnation, karma, nirvana n stuff...Theres no where written that ppl who dont believe in Sikhism will goto hell.  It is true that we dont believe our Gurus/Prophets to be our "saviors" unlike the christian belif that Jesus is humantys savior, he took the punishment of all our sins and u can be accepted into Heaven just by beleiving into him etc...But it doesnt say that Christians beleiving in that sorta stuff is wrong...So we coo...

-{bLaDe}

This is an intresting concept to me... I had a few questions I was wondering if you could answer...

1.) Let's say you were a real shmuck in your lifetime... would you be reincarnated as say a horse or something? Is there a scale that you travel down if you do bad stuff? Can you even be reincarnated as an animal? Like if you took some money from somebody you would become an ape? but if you killed somebody, you would become an insect?  I hope this didn't sound silly, I just wanna know.

2.) Explain Karma in 100 words or less... Do you have bad Karma if you just float thru life? Or do you have to go out of your way to get good Karma by volenteering etc...

3.) Nirvana. How do you reach it?

I hope these didn't sound silly, I just would like to know more about your religon.

bLaDe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2002, 05:25:32 PM »

This is an intresting concept to me... I had a few questions I was wondering if you could answer...

1.) Let's say you were a real shmuck in your lifetime... would you be reincarnated as say a horse or something? Is there a scale that you travel down if you do bad stuff? Can you even be reincarnated as an animal? Like if you took some money from somebody you would become an ape? but if you killed somebody, you would become an insect?  I hope this didn't sound silly, I just wanna know.

2.) Explain Karma in 100 words or less... Do you have bad Karma if you just float thru life? Or do you have to go out of your way to get good Karma by volenteering etc...

3.) Nirvana. How do you reach it?

I hope these didn't sound silly, I just would like to know more about your religon.

Aiight, glad your interested, it doesnt sound silly at all, I aint an expert on this stuff, but I hope I can answer your questions.

1. Reincarnation is a confusing concept.  The belief in reincarnation is shared by a few other religions as well, Budisum and Hinduism to name a few.  Let me share with you all i know.  When we die, we reincarnate into another being unless we have reached nirvana[Will be explained later].  Your next life depends on your current one.  For example, if your a non-religion person who sins throughout your life, you might be reborn as an animal after your death in this life.  Yeah animals are supposed to be lower than man, well ofcourse since WE[humans] are the evolved form.  So If you do good in your life, you will prolly be reborn as a human...OK, so as a human now, say you steal money or sumthing, if you continue to live like that, you know doing bad stuff, you will be prolly reborn as sumtin lower than a human, or maby a human whos life kinda sucks you know.  But you can always change that, if you steal or do sumtin bad, pray, ask for forgiveness blah blah.  
Now some may ask questions such as, "well as a horse for example, your mind isnt that complex or anything so you dont feel as much pain and suffering as a human slave/bum/loser etc, so isnt it more painful to be a human?"   You know, like if you sin so much, why not be reincarnated as a human living in poverty instead of a horse?  So how is being a human with a fucked up life better than being an animal?  Because as a human you have the ability to change your destiny and PRAY to God, and follow him etc...
Now you will be reborn continuesly, its like a cycle, a wheel, and the only way to get out of this cycle and not suffer the fate of rebirth, you need to reach Nirvana.

2. Karma is basicly what I explained above, do good, u'll recieve good[good rebirth, or better yet, nirvana], do bad, and u'll recieve bad....Your actions determine your future and your next life...

3.  "Nirvana - The ineffable ultimate in which one has attained disinterested wisdom and compassion"
Uhh yeah, lol, basicly Nirvana is when your soul becomes one with the divine power, God, so you aint reborn or anythin like dat anymore, your with God now.  The way to reach is to pray consistantly, meditate, do good, blah blah, dedicate your life to god, you know be a real saintly dude n shit....Thats pretty much the basic concept of Nirvana.

Hope It helped, holla bacc if you have any more questions,peace

-{bLaDe}

Woodrow

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2002, 05:46:24 PM »
let's say you become a horse, is there anyway you can get outta that cycle and become human again? Like u said, once you are a horse, it's kinda hard to pray, So is there anyway to move up from a lower form even tho you can pray?

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2002, 06:36:00 AM »
Latter Day Saints believe the only way to heaven is through christ... however, we have a clause, LOL.

We feel that you have to be a christian to get to heaven, since it is the true religion that has came and left the earth off and on since the time of Adam... However, there are TONS of people who never even got the chance to follow the lords true church, have the priesthood in their life, etc. etc.  So, after you pass, if you are a member of another religion, you will be taught the gospel of christ before your judgement.  Everybody will have the opportunity after death to see things more clearly, since you won't be clouded by the issues on earth... you'll be more spiritual (since you will be  a spirit, lol), and you'll be able to recognize christ's message as the true gospel (especially since he'll be one of the ones teaching it).  You'll be able to accept the gospel as a spirit, and eventually will still be able to have the opportunity to enter heaven and your glory just as much as someone who has been a christian all their life.  Peace~

bLaDe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2002, 03:19:49 PM »
let's say you become a horse, is there anyway you can get outta that cycle and become human again? Like u said, once you are a horse, it's kinda hard to pray, So is there anyway to move up from a lower form even tho you can pray?

Ive wondered that myself, I dont know if im 100% correct, but I beleive, you'll have to go through the rebirth cycle of all species...Thats why, as a human you should not waste your life away.  The past cannot be erased, but only by prayer.  Like a snake with its fangs removed, if it bites, noting will happen, similarly by praying with heart and soul n dedicating yourself to the Lord, you can erase your sins and shall be forgiven ..

-{bLaDe}

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2002, 08:18:32 AM »
iF YOU RECOGNIZE ALLAH AS THE ONE TRUE GOD AND MUHAMMAD (PBUH) AS HIS LAST TRUE MESSANGER, THEN YOU WILL BE PERMITTED INTO HEAVEN BASED ON YOUR LIFE OF GOOD DEEDS

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2002, 08:35:01 AM »
iF YOU RECOGNIZE ALLAH AS THE ONE TRUE GOD AND MUHAMMAD (PBUH) AS HIS LAST TRUE MESSANGER, THEN YOU WILL BE PERMITTED INTO HEAVEN BASED ON YOUR LIFE OF GOOD DEEDS

but what happens if you dont believe in allah an muhammad.  what happens if you are catholic or suptin.  how does islam view people of different religions.  would they go to hell than in tha eye of islam

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2002, 08:05:50 AM »

but what happens if you dont believe in allah an muhammad.  what happens if you are catholic or suptin.  how does islam view people of different religions.  would they go to hell than in tha eye of islam

if you havent had the opportunity to inhale the information of Islam, but have leived a good life and in harmony with your friends, relative and the nature, the door to heaven will be opened to you... cuz God understands that everybody havent heard of Islam, or because of some reason been able to convert to it..

but if you already are a muslim, then follows the Bible, you've rejected Islam and wont have a chance to reach heaven unless you return to Islam as fast as possible and beg for pardon... its all the decision of God...

infinite59

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2002, 10:31:21 AM »
Tom.  I'll answer your question straight up.  If you don't believe in Allah, and if you worship that which you make with your hands or if you ascribe partners to God, then surely you will see the hellfire.  Because Allah's religion is one.  It's all one religion.  Moses, Abraham, Jesus, Noah, Muhammad, they all preached of One God, one human family under God, that is what we are in our true form.  And you can not damage his plan, but he can do great damage to you, surely you will know this on the last day.

But maybe you don't need to take all that so literally, and you could just look at it as a spiritual metaphor, to each his own, we are all equal's.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2002, 12:26:56 PM »
I'm not sure if Jews belive in hell...I dunno, I'm not big on Judiasm..I know some shit, but I'm not a rabbi or anything...LoL

Nostromoo

• Lil Geezy
  • Ermintrude is my mum
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2002, 02:25:42 PM »
In Christianity, if you don't except Christ as your lord and savior than you will suffer eternal separation from God. You don't do that, you don't reach paradise.

Pretty much yeah. Catholics and I think Anglicans believe that you have to accept Christ and be good. If you sin you must repent to avoid purgatory (and going to hell) and as God's representative the Pope (and his priests) are able to absolve you of sins in return for contrition.

This is one of the things Luther protested about and Protestants do not believe in purgatory or judgement and absolution from anyone other than God Himself. But if you do not accept Christ you still go to hell.

masta_g3

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2002, 07:12:50 PM »
i dont really belive that u have too belive in a certain god to go to heaven, u just have too be a good person and u will go to heaven. i mean, im catholic, but i think all religions serve the same god and that they are just the same because they all say that if u have a good life, u will go to heaven