Author Topic: Do you hate white people  (Read 1108 times)

Woodrow

Re: Do you hate white people
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2002, 02:19:39 PM »

Muhatma Ghandi was once asked, "What do you think of Western Civilization?"  He replied, "I think it would be a good idea."

Brother Dogg.... In the same vien it is understandable that you do not want to fall victim to a Martin Luther King type of self-effacing love for the oppressive white man.  Yet I caution you to not make a psychological leap that may be too taxing.  For unwarranted hatred can be as dangerous to the hater himself, as it is to the hated, if it is not done with true knowledge of the historical truth that hatred is dressed up in.

History is important because it shapes our present perceptions about ourselves and the rest of the world.  If you are relying on a historical foundation for your hatred of the white man, your knowledge may be skewed.  Many fall victim to the believe that the vehicle from which the white race has found financial success is one of tyrrany and imperialism.  However, that may not be entirely true.  

Let us now take India for example.  Many Indians hate the white man because the British colonized India up until the middle of the last century. (1947)  Yet if you are knowledged in history, you will see that India has been historically colonized not just by the British, but before that by the Persians[/u], by the Afgans, by Alexander the Great, by the Arabs, by the Mongols, and by the Turks.

Like Dinesh Dosouza argues, "they say the Europeans stole rubber from Malaya, cocoa from Africa, and tea from India, but before British rule there were no rubber trees in Malaya, nor cocoa trees in Africa, nor tea in India.

So you see that if some groups appear to be more brutal, more humane, more culturally advanced, or more primitive, it is only because their oppurtunities have been varied according to factors such as land, climate, setting and competition for survival on that land, and not because of some supposed innate superiority or inferiority.

I see you like that book...

You should also check out:

What Went Wrong: Western Impact and Middle Eastern Response by Bernard Lewis.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »