Author Topic: AT&T offers unlimited international calling plans [to some Countries]  (Read 83 times)

JTSimon

All I gotta say is  :o  :o  :o

AT&T offers unlimited international calling plans
Thursday, January 8, 2004 Posted: 1420 GMT (10:20 PM HKT)

NEW YORK (AP) -- AT&T Corp. will let customers talk as long and as often as they want with relatives and friends from a country or group of countries on a featured list.

Most of the country-specific plans are priced at about $50 per month, while unlimited calling to either a group of European countries plus Israel or a group of Asian countries plus Australia costs $80.

Calls can be dialed direct at any time and day.

AT&T, based in Bedminster, New Jersey, said the new rate plans were made possible by negotiating lower fees with the local telephone companies in other countries that connect international calls.

In Europe, the new plans are being offered for calls to Austria, Belgium, Britain, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, France, Germany, Spain, and Switzerland. In Asia, plans are available for calls to China, Hong Kong, Japan, Republic of Korea and Taiwan. Individual plans are also available for Israel and Australia.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/01/08/unlimited.calling.ap/
« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 07:54:15 AM by Max Powers »

Don Breezio

Re:AT&T offers unlimited international calling plans [to some Countries]
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 08:26:29 AM »
if AT & T would spend more money on their coverage inside the us the this would be something to  :o about

JTSimon

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 08:28:44 AM »
if AT & T would spend more money on their coverage inside the us the this would be something to  :o about

Coverage on what service?

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 08:31:26 AM »
oops lol i was thinking AT & T Wireless...i spaced out and didnt realize it was for landline phones.