Author Topic: One Reason America Has Avoided War  (Read 401 times)

infinite59

One Reason America Has Avoided War
« on: July 28, 2002, 01:15:07 PM »
I think that either under the leadership of Elijah Muhammad, or under the leadership of Heuy P. Newton, either the NOI or Black Panther Party could have attempted to wage war against the American government.  But they didn't.  And I think one of the reasons why black people and other countries and ethnic groups haven't attacked America is because America is so diverse and there is a lack of a common enemy.

You have your racist poloticians like Attorney General John Ashcroft but in the same vien you have your liberal anti-Afgan war poloticians like Harry Browne.  There are some 2 million Muslims in this country.  There are a great deal of blacks, and jews and other minority's in power.  One of our most powerful American leaders is a black man, Colin Powell.  And many white people support even the most racist grievances of minorities against whites.  It's very hard to find a common enemy.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Don Seer

Re: One Reason America Has Avoided War
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2002, 11:48:30 PM »
anyou're looking skin deep at racial issues.

these days america is an enemy because of

1) america's oppression of other countries e.g. the sanctions against cuba, iraq etc

2) america being seen as the biggest and badest player in the western/capitalist world by the 'haters'

also  america's (new found with the bush administration may i add) ignorance in international politics isnt helping. bush got a quick wake up call from the chinese.. best believe they will kick your ass.

The US is also alienating themselves from europe .the 'either you're with us or against us' stance isnt doing international relations any good. europe doesnt support the current proposed 'war on iraq' whereas it did in the gulf war.

America is too big to wage a 'conventional' war against without severe reprucussions for the attacker.

So its a war on terrorism... basically if you're anti-US they'll have you.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2002, 02:25:53 AM »

Word

I don't agree with Infinite because the countries that hate America (Iran - "the great Satan") would attack them if they had the ability and didn't have to fear massive repurcussions regardless of anyones race/colour/religion.

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2002, 05:05:55 AM »

I liked the points you made, but I wasn't just speaking on race, I mentioned how powerful liberal polotician Harry Browne and others like him disagreed with America's War in Afganistan and War on Terrorism......

you can just add to what I said without trying to tell me what you think I'm doing wrong, just a suggestion

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2002, 06:11:19 AM »
I kind of agree with what infinite's saying, specifically about the NOI, and the black panthers.  They can't wage war against america, because it'd be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.  The government does bad stuff, but it does a lot of good too, so waging war against it wouldn't work.  I think people underestimate, also, the fierce patriotism that america has... there are many minorities and opressed people in the country, however, almost the entire country is made up of poor white people in small hick towns EVERYWHERE that would gladly support the government if it was attacked, even by an internal force.  People forget just how many people in america DONT live in big cities.  In many areas of the country, there are no minorities, just poor whites.  

infinite59

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2002, 06:24:38 AM »
I kind of agree with what infinite's saying, specifically about the NOI, and the black panthers.  They can't wage war against america, because it'd be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.  The government does bad stuff, but it does a lot of good too, so waging war against it wouldn't work.  I think people underestimate, also, the fierce patriotism that america has... there are many minorities and opressed people in the country, however, almost the entire country is made up of poor white people in small hick towns EVERYWHERE that would gladly support the government if it was attacked, even by an internal force.  People forget just how many people in america DONT live in big cities.  In many areas of the country, there are no minorities, just poor whites.  

Yo... you feeling okay dogg?  You just agreed with me.  wtf?

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2002, 06:59:44 AM »
just paranioa... even i agree with you on somethings.  :o