Author Topic: Yo Tech, some questions about Afganistan living  (Read 540 times)

infinite59

Yo Tech, some questions about Afganistan living
« on: July 24, 2002, 06:48:45 AM »
Assalamulakum brother...... I was reading about the girl from Afganistan that was on the cover of that one magazine as a teenager, and then 17 years later they found her, and because of war and poverty, she looked like a whole nother person.  She said life was better living under the Taliban.  A couple questions came to mind....

1.  Was your way of life similar to hers when you lived there?  Living in villages?  Surrounded by War?  Poverty?

2.  Was it better there when the Taliban was in power?  I've heard from Muslims immigrants at the mosque say that it was.

You can delete this thread and just PM me if you want.  Or just answer here.

Salaam- 1 G-d.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
Re: Yo Tech, some questions about Afganistan livin
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2002, 07:27:00 AM »
 She said life was better living under the Taliban.

Bro, no she didn't.  She said it was terrible under the Taliban and hoped things would improve.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2002, 07:37:27 AM »
well, ive only been in Afghanistan for 2 months, when i visited there 7 years ago

At that time, the Taliban had just taken over my City of Ghazni and they were advancing on Kabul

As soon as the Taliban arrived, Banditry and Looting, attacks, rapes etc etc disappeared

The Taliban brougth stability and law and order.  At first they were welcomed by the people, so when i was there, they were seen as liberators

However, they overstayed their welcome, and apparently people got tired of them but when i was there, they got love

And yeah, she was a Pushtun like me, Tribal village folk,
War surrounding us, living near the mountains, the whole 9
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2002, 08:03:28 AM »

Bro, no she didn't.  She said it was terrible under the Taliban and hoped things would improve.

That isn't what I read.  I could be wrong, but I could of sworn she said things were best under the Taliban, that they brought stability for the first time in years.

infinite59

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2002, 08:04:25 AM »
well, ive only been in Afghanistan for 2 months, when i visited there 7 years ago

At that time, the Taliban had just taken over my City of Ghazni and they were advancing on Kabul

As soon as the Taliban arrived, Banditry and Looting, attacks, rapes etc etc disappeared

The Taliban brougth stability and law and order.  At first they were welcomed by the people, so when i was there, they were seen as liberators

However, they overstayed their welcome, and apparently people got tired of them but when i was there, they got love

And yeah, she was a Pushtun like me, Tribal village folk,
War surrounding us, living near the mountains, the whole 9

Thanks brother... what is that like, going from living in Canada, and then livin in a village in Afganistan, that's got to be sort of a culture shock.... ?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2002, 06:05:06 AM »
it was a huge change homie

cuz even though i was born in Kuwait, i was always living the modern life, cuz Kuwait is pretty developed,

when i went to Afghanistan, no music, no TV, no english speaking, pure Afghan life, i thought i would hate it, but i loved every single momment of it

if i went there now i think it would be different, because im more into TV, music etc etc now

but back then, i addapted quickly
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

infinite59

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2002, 09:40:14 AM »
it was a huge change homie

cuz even though i was born in Kuwait, i was always living the modern life, cuz Kuwait is pretty developed,

when i went to Afghanistan, no music, no TV, no english speaking, pure Afghan life, i thought i would hate it, but i loved every single momment of it

if i went there now i think it would be different, because im more into TV, music etc etc now

but back then, i addapted quickly

You think I'd like it?  Or is it because you were around your family and all that?

Doggystylin

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2002, 11:11:04 AM »
infinite, i dont think you would like it at all, tech is an afgan and fit right in, your a white american, how well do you think you would fit in?, its just the truth dogg.

infinite59

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2002, 11:14:26 AM »
infinite, i dont think you would like it at all, tech is an afgan and fit right in, your a white american, how well do you think you would fit in?, its just the truth dogg.

That's what I figured, maybe if I grew a Muslim looking beard like Hamza Yosuf and wore the right clothes I'd have a chance.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2002, 01:20:52 PM »

That's what I figured, maybe if I grew a Muslim looking beard like Hamza Yosuf and wore the right clothes I'd have a chance.

nah it wouldnt.  it like if i got a tan,  wore a shirt tha said puerto rico an tried to move to spanish harlem.  it wouldnt work.  u wouldnt be accepted.  there will be a few who r above that bull shit an racism but for tha most part u will be heavily descriminated agaisnt.  man be happy your a white male in america.  its fucked up we got an advantage jus cuz of our skin color but take advantage of it.  why would u wanna feel tha descrimination an hatred that minorities feel.  

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2002, 12:54:35 AM »
Yo, Tech what do u like better, living where you are living now or would you rather live in Afghanistan??

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2002, 08:55:11 AM »
First, Infinite

Would u fit in Afghanistan? If the Taliban were still in power and you went there with an Afghan , u would fit in and you will feel true Afghan hospitality, despite what the System will have u believe, Hospitality is one of the biggest aspects of Afghan value system. Now, with all these warlords and banditry, u would not fit in, fuck, i wouldnt

Second, JAY AY BEE

umm, both have their advantages, Afghanistan is where my family is , but i am raised in the west, in order to truly enjoy my life, id have to stay here, dont get me wrong, im an Afghan, i will visit back home, and i plan on retiring and moving there and dying there, but growing up, its better for me and my kids and shit

- Lewis Carroll

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2002, 08:58:30 AM »

Second, JAY AY BEE

LoL homes

DJ Jay Deee
Jay ay Beee

They rhyme but they're not the same lol

;D

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2002, 10:08:01 AM »
you 2 muthafuckas should not post in the same thread

:P

- Lewis Carroll

Instant_Killa

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2002, 10:16:55 AM »

LoL homes

DJ Jay Deee
Jay ay Beee

They rhyme but they're not the same lol

;D

LoL ;D