Author Topic: Nirvana  (Read 554 times)

Trauma-san

Re:Nirvana
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2004, 02:18:06 PM »
Man, I know it would be great to think he didn't do such a horrible thing... but he did.  Everybody wants to villianize Courtney Love in this, but you gotta face it: He killed himself.  

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2004, 03:15:17 PM »

i dont think i killed himself, im pretty sure it was murder, there was enough evidence

Ummm, no.

Nightfall

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2004, 03:27:43 PM »
Man, I know it would be great to think he didn't do such a horrible thing... but he did.

lol, i thought like that around 2 weeks ago, but for some reason, i started to doubt it

of course this so called detective who handles this case might aswell lie about the evidence to get some attention from the media, there are a lot of attention whores in the world today

so fuck it, we lost a great talent when we lost Kurt Cobain, so instead of wondering how he died, i should just enjoy his music that he made when he was still alive,thats much more fun anyways

Don Breezio

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2004, 05:38:37 PM »
why enjoy kurt cobains music when (according to jome) you can enjoy every other rock band out there because they have all derived from nirvana  ::)  ;D

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2004, 07:35:29 PM »
I'm not agreeing totally with what Jome is saying... but when I'm in the car with my wife she plays alot of pop stations... and every other song that comes on sounds like it heavily takes from Nirvana's style, even down to the voice of the lead singer sounding like Cobane. I just get tired of the radio after about 7 songs because of it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2004, 07:35:54 PM by The Big Bad Ass »

PLANT

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2004, 07:42:34 PM »
"Unplugged" was my favorite album...Followed by "In Utero"

Jome

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2004, 08:19:25 PM »
Not only does Jome not know what he's talking about, but Trauma is now on his side...LMAO...Jome lacks so much knowledge when it comes to music, that it's starting to piss me the fuck off...He says Eminem's "Can-I-Bitch" samples Snoop's "G Bedtime Stories," when it actually samples the well-known classic by Slick Rick, "Children's Story"...He says "Stunt 101" sounds like it's produced by Rockwilder...He discovered Tech N9ne after Tech N9ne has been out for the longest...He says G-Units new album is 4.25/5...He posted a link to some song that sounded like a Neptunes beat, and said it sounded like it was produced by Premo...He says Just Blaze's production style is a complete rip off of Timbaland, when in fact, they sound nothing a like...He said the Eminem "Wanksta" freestyle and D12's "Bump Heads" was new almost a year after they came out...He says Pharaoe Monch is the illest MC ever...He says Lloyd Banks is amazing, and is the next MC to blow, when he shows no potential/charisma whatsoever...He says Fabolous sucks, but 50 Cent rules...He labled "Where Is the Love" by Black Eyed Peas new about 6 months after it was played out...OMG, I can go on for dayyyyyyyyssss about why Jome is such a fake, but I'm gunna stop here, because I seriously feel bad for the guy...He tries too hard to get accepted as a Hip-Hop head, but has the same knowledge as that of a 12 year old female Eminem fan...I'm so sick and tired of seeing people praise Jome like he knows something...He's the only person on WCC that can make my head explode when I read his posts...That's the last time I want to have to adress Jome...Now we can finally squash this...PeACe

LMAO
Talk about twisting reality with lies, bullshit & actual facts that I have already stated, and mixing it further by putting it all on the edge.

:o :o :o :o :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

SONNNED is the only word that comes to mind.

As usual, Jamal is only 30 mins away to suck NIK's dick.
Do you even have 1 opinion that's not borrowed from NIK, or is this one of NIK's 100 backup accounts..

these kids don't have any kind of sense of musical ability, they have no idea how Nirvana has influenced nearly every rock band out there, even some of their CONTEMPORARIES they influenced, bands that were out when they were.  It's not that they're just copying Nirvana, it's just Nirvana left a big paw print on the music scene that everybody molded to.

YUP, some kids like e.g. NIK can't see the influence though, in everything from their music, stage presence, media-image, lyrics, instruments, etc.

Of course I was exaggerating when I said 95% of rock, but the influence is bigger than big..

AND OF COURSE, NIK was somewhere between 4 and 10 years old when Nirvana was in their prime, OF COURSE HE'S NOT GONNA REMEMBER THEM, LMAO!!!
This clown is just too funny.

why enjoy kurt cobains music when (according to jome) you can enjoy every other rock band out there because they have all derived from nirvana  ::)  ;D

Bad copies dude.. you have 100 Pac's, but can they ever be like the original.. ?

I'm not agreeing totally with what Jome is saying... but when I'm in the car with my wife she plays alot of pop stations... and every other song that comes on sounds like it heavily takes from Nirvana's style, even down to the voice of the lead singer sounding like Cobane. I just get tired of the radio after about 7 songs because of it.

Yup, that's what I'm saying.. I just put it on the edge..

Trauma-san

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2004, 08:25:50 PM »
Man, I know it would be great to think he didn't do such a horrible thing... but he did.

lol, i thought like that around 2 weeks ago, but for some reason, i started to doubt it

of course this so called detective who handles this case might aswell lie about the evidence to get some attention from the media, there are a lot of attention whores in the world today

so fuck it, we lost a great talent when we lost Kurt Cobain, so instead of wondering how he died, i should just enjoy his music that he made when he was still alive,thats much more fun anyways

That's probably the most responsible way to look at it, take the good you can get out of it, don't worry about the bad.

Don Breezio

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2004, 09:09:25 PM »
Bad copies dude.. you have 100 Pac's, but can they ever be like the original.. ?

who are you to say they are bad copies? in fact who are you to say they are copies at all?

basically what your saying is that rock is still around because of nirvana and 95.5% of rock bands out today wouldnt be here if they didnt bite nirvana's style...funny thing is 95.5% of the rock bands out there sound nothing like nirvana.

Jome

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2004, 09:36:47 PM »

who are you to say they are bad copies? in fact who are you to say they are copies at all?

basically what your saying is that rock is still around because of nirvana and 95.5% of rock bands out today wouldnt be here if they didnt bite nirvana's style...funny thing is 95.5% of the rock bands out there sound nothing like nirvana.

Naww, chill..
Read the whole post:

the influence though, in everything from their music, stage presence, media-image, lyrics, instruments, etc.

Of course I was exaggerating when I said 95% of rock, but the influence is bigger than big..

I just put it on the edge..

Don Breezio

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2004, 09:42:48 PM »
i've seen a lot of bands live...now i've never seen nirvana live but i've seen their unplugged shit and live vids...the bands i've seen are nothing like that.

their influence really wasnt shit...the only thing that kurt cobain had an influence on was lyrics...if it wasnt for him we would still be listening to "you shook me all night long...yeah you"...

but the sounds, the stage presence, lmao @ the media-image...theres not much anyone can do about that...thats how the media does it. none of that shit has anything to do with nirvana.

and instruments lmao...so your basically saying if it wasnt for kurt cobain rock would be played on flutes? because im sure guitars were not going out of style any time soon whether kurt was alive or not. and ive seen some instruments used that i'd be willing to be nirvana has never even heard of...incubus uses a didgeriedoo (i dont know how you spell that) on a few of their songs and when they are live.

now as for voice...you didnt mention anything about voice so this isnt necessarily directed at you jome...but thats possibly the most ignorant thing about this post is to say that because of a singers voice they are biting nirvana. lmao...nobody can help how they sound naturally. kurt cobain's voice wasnt anything special, it wasnt anything different than anyone elses...he just pulled it off better.

Jome

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2004, 10:02:04 PM »
Nirvana's dope...its too bad Kurt Cobain killed himself...that was a huge loss to the music industry.

How did you go from this to your previous post..  ???

It's quite some time since Nirvana was big, and if you're 18 now, I'm not really sure how much you picked up back then.. when did you get into them ?

Don Breezio

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2004, 10:06:16 PM »
Nirvana's dope...its too bad Kurt Cobain killed himself...that was a huge loss to the music industry.

How did you go from this to your previous post..  ???

It's quite some time since Nirvana was big, and if you're 18 now, I'm not really sure how much you picked up back then.. when did you get into them ?

dude you dont have to be around that time to listen to music. for one i was into that kind of music at the time. that was when i first got into music at all. and two...so what if im 18, i still listen to marvin gaye, i still listen to phil collins...yet i wasnt around when they were in their prime.

and ill tell you exactly what i meant from my previous post. it was a huge loss to the music industry in that they lost a great act...great music can be hard to come by nowadays. they were one of the best acts out but truthfully their influence (other than lyrics) wasnt shit. yeah it had a lot of fans devastated when kurt died...nirvana was huge...same shit happened when pac died. same shit would happen if justin timberlake died...there would be millions of people upset about it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2004, 10:23:17 PM »
Jome, you fucking moron who I sonned, I'm 17 years old and I own every Nirvana album. I am also a lot more open-minded musically than you are...Don't even come with that bullshit, I've already exposed you as a fake...You saying 99.5% of rock is an imitation of Nirvana is the same as some Rock fan saying 99.5% of rap is an imitation of 2Pac...It's just flat out ignorant...Please refrain from posting anymore bullshit on this thread...Thank you.

Jome

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2004, 10:41:57 PM »
Jome, you fucking moron who I sonned, I'm 17 years old and I own every Nirvana album. I am also a lot more open-minded musically than you are...Don't even come with that bullshit, I've already exposed you as a fake...You saying 99.5% of rock is an imitation of Nirvana is the same as some Rock fan saying 99.5% of rap is an imitation of 2Pac...It's just flat out ignorant...Please refrain from posting anymore bullshit on this thread...Thank you.

The 16 year old jew rich stuck up internet wannabe rapper exposed who as a fake.. ??
Don't make me laugh, you clown. Go have some interesting "Yes man"-convos with your buddy Jamal on AIM instead.

You gotta be around @ the time to feel their influence/impact.
Btw, I already said I exaggerated when I said 95%, read bitch.
If you can't see/hear the influence Nirvana had, you gotta be blind, tonedeaf, deaf, or dumb. (Or like in NIK's case, all of the mentioned)

Just because you was 4 to 10 at the time Nirvana was at their peak, doesn't mean that they didn't have a impact.
Ask your parents about The Beatles, same thing bigger scale.

dude you dont have to be around that time to listen to music.

nirvana was huge[/u]...

That's what I'm saying.. but I think you gotta be around at that time, to really know how much of a impact they made, and what influences they had to their contemporaries.