Author Topic: Nirvana  (Read 537 times)

Trauma-san

Re:Nirvana
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2004, 10:57:15 PM »
http://www.entertainment.inuk.com/artists/nirvana/nirvana_albums.html

Read this for a good breakdown of just why Nirvana are important.  

HIPPI

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2004, 11:46:52 PM »

So now there's more than 1.

Nightfall

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2004, 09:19:04 AM »

thanks trauma! it was a good read
« Last Edit: January 13, 2004, 02:36:48 PM by whenimondamic »

Trauma-san

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2004, 02:29:05 PM »
No problem, Nirvana always get shit about no talent, or Kurt committing suicide, but history will show them as a turning point in music.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2004, 04:43:48 PM »
The 16 year old jew rich stuck up internet wannabe rapper exposed who as a fake.. ??
Don't make me laugh, you clown. Go have some interesting "Yes man"-convos with your buddy Jamal on AIM instead.

First off, you dumb moron who I've sonned, I am 17...Did you even read my post, you loser?

You gotta be around @ the time to feel their influence/impact.
Btw, I already said I exaggerated when I said 95%, read bitch.
If you can't see/hear the influence Nirvana had, you gotta be blind, tonedeaf, deaf, or dumb. (Or like in NIK's case, all of the mentioned)

This has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my mutherfucking life...Almost all the bands Trauma idolizes weren't at their prime while Trauma was around...Does that make Trauma any less of a fan? No, you fucking moron...I guess my teacher can't really appreciate Shakespeare writing, since she wasn't around during his time...Look at how fucking stupid you sound, Jomo.

Just because you was 4 to 10 at the time Nirvana was at their peak, doesn't mean that they didn't have a impact.
Ask your parents about The Beatles, same thing bigger scale.

I know they had a big impact, you idiot, I never said they didn't...I just thought your 99.5% comment was extremely idiotic, so I chose to humiliate you in front of WCC...PeACe

PS, I was around when Nirvana came out.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2004, 05:11:20 PM »
Smells like teen spirit is my fav nirvana song..

r.i.p. curt, he was a great lyricist

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2004, 08:21:35 PM »
That damn song "Can ya take it all away", for instance, is the biggest Nirvana rip off I've ever heard.  Come on "Everyone's so jaded, there's nobody left that's realllllll", he's trying his hardest to sound just like Kurt.

lmao...dude "Blurry" reminds me nothing of nirvana...Puddle Of Mudd is just another good band. its one thing to have a voice that sort-of sounds like an artist and thats all that it is. they dont have the grunge sound at all. its different to mimick an artist (for example the realest).

I didn't think Puddle of Mudd's older tracks sounded like Nirvana, but however their newer tracks off of 'Life on Display' do imo*. When i first heard 'Away From Me' it reminded me a lot of 'In Bloom' combined with sections of Teen Spirit.

Wether they are or not, Nirvana had a major impact on the music industry, so i guess it's only natural that a lot of bands today would be influenced by their music.

I remember a quote by Kurt that went something along the lines of, "It's better to be blown out, than to fade away". It's a great shame he had to take a literal approach to it tho, but the Nirvana 'legacy' i'm sure will continue and i wouldn't be suprised if I still pull out the old Nirvana albums in 15,20 years time, like people do with the Beatles.
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)