Author Topic: wuts the first rapper u really got into?  (Read 969 times)

Eazy-E RuthlessG

Re:wuts the first rapper u really got into?
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2004, 06:50:10 PM »
ok this is gettin boring lol  ::)

The Watcher

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2004, 07:07:34 PM »
run dmc
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2004, 08:29:07 PM »
snoop ...i think....

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2004, 08:49:36 PM »
When I heard the Chronic all the way thru for the first time, I was hooked.

HIPPI

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2004, 09:04:35 PM »
Nelly

"I'm goin down down baby..."

Trauma-san

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2004, 09:26:41 PM »
When I was a kid, I didn't listen to rap, of course, I listened to rock & roll from the 60's (in the 80's, lol) because that's all my dad listened to.  The first time I listened to rap, I think, was probably  the Fat Boys, and the Beastie Boys.  I was in 4th grade, trying to show these kids why the Beach Boys were cool, and they were trying to show me why the Beastie Boys were cool.  I honestly hadn't heard more than 1 or 2 songs that weren't 20 years old when I was 9.  I had Elvis records and shit.  Some people can say I was a nerd, shit, I was more in style than any of those posers were, lol.  Anyways, I listened to the Fat Boys because they were in movies, and I listened to the Beastie Boys, because at the time, this would be probably 86 or 87, it was o.k. for white people to listen to rap, if it was the Beastie Boys.  Basically, I'm telling it like it was, no white person (hardly) at the time would listen to most rap that was out, because a lot of it was still about african american consciousness, or at least just tied more into a black thing.  White people didn't really relate to it, but we listened to the beastie Boys.  When NWA started doing their thing, I heard a lot of that, and then when Vanilla Ice came out, rap really started going pop, as in, it was much much more commercial.  I didn't really hear much new music consistantly until I lived down the street from some kids in a trailor park one time (no shit, I literally lived in a trailor park), and they were all into rap.  I went over to their house all the time (or, uh, their trailor), and we'd sit in the living room, with trash piled up like 3 feet high (these people were pigs),.... one day, I was watching, and Deep Cover came on, that was when I really started liking rap, Deep Cover, Informer (with Snow, lol), Tribe Called Quest, Prince, Tevin Campbell, I used to watch all that shit around that time.  but first rappers that I liked would have to be the Beastie Boys, "Brass Monkey, Funkey Monkey" was the weirdist shit I had ever heard.  

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2004, 09:33:40 PM »
nice read Trauma, i remember that shit by Snow, Informer blah blah blah blah blah blah blah lick me boom boom dooown lol

The Watcher

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2004, 09:36:40 PM »
beastie boys were the shit back in the day
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2004, 09:39:22 PM »
nice read Trauma, i remember that shit by Snow, Informer blah blah blah blah blah blah blah lick me boom boom dooown lol

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2004, 09:39:35 PM »
dre, snoop, Wu-Tang, beastie boys  ;D
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

Trauma-san

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2004, 09:47:00 PM »
dre, snoop, Wu-Tang, beastie boys  ;D

See, I was already an O.G. by then.  LOL.  I had a friend when I was about 16 that had a 64 impala, we'd roll around in that listening to "Wu-Tang:Forever" and all dre's, snoop's shit, and the Beastie Boys album with Intergalactic on it, can't remember the name, I think that was all in like 95.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2004, 10:26:38 PM »
snoop dogg

snoopdoggfan32002

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2004, 11:20:07 PM »
Snoop Dogg

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2004, 11:22:54 PM »
When I was in 4th grade, in 1991, I finally got my own head set, and I really got into Lighter Shade of Brown. Two Mexican rappers from Riverside, and I was from Rialto, which is right next door, it was the greatest. I still have that old ass tape. Before I listened to the oldies station that my mom played, and the oldies tapes she had. I feel in love with the lowrider oldies, 'cause I love smooth music. Of course before LSOB, I listen to some hip-hop, but never got into it like I was LSOB. That opened the doors later for N2Deep, SCC, and of course later, Dr. Dre and the Chronic.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2004, 11:38:50 PM »
mine was definitely pac. I remember when i first moved 2 America everybody was listenin to "changes", and i borrowed a friend's "greatest hits" 2pac CD, and copied it to tape. That was my first Rap album ever.
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)