Author Topic: Zion I  (Read 123 times)

Nightfall

Zion I
« on: January 11, 2004, 02:59:32 PM »
one of my favorite groups, very very slept on

Zion is an ill emcee, hes really creative with the lyrics
Amp Live is one of the illest producers around, Deepwaterslang vol 2.0 had some of the best beats of 2003

anyone feelin' em?

SGV

Re:Zion I
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2004, 03:08:08 PM »
Yea man. People sleep on them because, 1. they're underground. 2. they're from the Bay. Damn shame. Zion is a good emcee. Amp does got some hot ass beats, too. I dig that track they got with Goapele.

Nightfall

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 03:11:18 PM »
dig that track they got with Goapele.

yea, i dig every song, "cheeba cheeba" with Aceyalone is tite, and the nameless bonus cut too, and uhm, that drum n bass song "mind blow" is ill too

lol i could mention every song!
im suprised allmusicguide gave them 2 fucking stars for deepwaterslang 2.0

SGV

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2004, 03:13:26 PM »
Yea man. I was just banging "Cheeba Cheeba" at work. Straight knocking.

I don't know what allmusicguide is, but that's just one mans opinion. That's why I NEVER go by those reviews. I never go by the Source, XXL, Murder Dog etc. They're all one mans opinion.

Nightfall

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2004, 03:16:16 PM »
Yea man. I was just banging "Cheeba Cheeba" at work. Straight knocking.

I don't know what allmusicguide is, but that's just one mans opinion. That's why I NEVER go by those reviews. I never go by the Source, XXL, Murder Dog etc. They're all one mans opinion.

i know, i never check AMG for reviews, i never check reviews, but sometimes i see how many stars they give albums when i scroll down

amg=only good for album covers
« Last Edit: January 11, 2004, 03:16:30 PM by whenimondamic »

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2004, 03:19:35 PM »

yep i saw them in concert too like 2 months ago here they're real cool too... i did a interview with them, but when i got home i realized there was no tape in the recorder.. was PISSED. LOL. real down to earth people too. cant wait for new music by them.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2004, 03:19:51 PM by Nima »

Nightfall

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2004, 03:23:31 PM »

yep i saw them in concert too like 2 months ago here they're real cool too... i did a interview with them, but when i got home i realized there was no tape in the recorder.. was PISSED. LOL. real down to earth people too. cant wait for new music by them.

lol, try to contact em again, im really interested in their future projects

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2004, 03:51:35 PM »
Zion I are dope, so was Deep Water Slang, my fav track is probably Trippin'

SGV

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2004, 03:53:04 PM »

That was smart of you Nima. LOL. About as smart as when I interviewed Booyaa. The tape recorder I took had a tape, but the tape was fucked up. LOL. Thank God I brought my Video Camera.

nando

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2004, 08:03:59 AM »
glad 2 see people are feeling Zion I...but you gotta mention Mind Over Matter....Silly Puddy feat. Grouch alone is the shit...the beat is a trip, especially when your lit

Hope they drop another solid album this year cause DWS 2.0 was even better then their first one, theyre improving

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2004, 12:12:10 PM »
I only got "Mind Over Matter" but that shit's dope. Really slept-on