Author Topic: Punk Fans...Read  (Read 124 times)

Don Breezio

Punk Fans...Read
« on: January 11, 2004, 07:15:38 PM »
i heard a song on the radio a few weeks ago...had no clue what it was...then today i was in target and they were playing the song on the TV...turns out it was by a band called Brand New

i picked up their album and i have to say this is one of the best punk albums i've heard. i love punk and i have a shitload of punk albums but this has to be in my top 10 maybe my top 5...this is really good. anyone else heard them?

PLANT

Re:Punk Fans...Read
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2004, 07:34:21 PM »
I listen to a little punk music here and there...Like Pennywise, NOFX ect...

But if you want to check some new shit out, my girlfirends brother has a punk band called "Youthinasia" and they are sick.  Ryan is the lead singer, and their best song is called "Crossing Over".

Don Breezio

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 08:02:19 PM »
I listen to a little punk music here and there...Like Pennywise, NOFX ect...

But if you want to check some new shit out, my girlfirends brother has a punk band called "Youthinasia" and they are sick.  Ryan is the lead singer, and their best song is called "Crossing Over".

awesome! where can i hear it? or can u hook me up w/ some tracks?

akaDRooPY

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2004, 08:06:29 PM »
listen to the newest zebrahead album, thats some good shit man

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2004, 08:08:21 PM »
listen to the newest zebrahead album, thats some good shit man

i own it and every other zebrahead album (including an OG copy of the yellow album that is rare as hell). i saw them in concert a couple months ago too and justin autographed my MFZB poster.

tnp

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2004, 11:01:06 PM »
i used to listen to a lot of punk/hardcore (more than 1,600 tapes, records, CDs combined). Luke, what style of punk do you like best? My favorite bands are Dios Hastio, Ratos de Porao, Terveet Kadet, Mob 47, Vorhees, (old) Ill Repute, Uutuus, Wretched and Confuse, mostly older 80s shit.

anyone else like punk/hc?

tnp

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2004, 11:06:58 PM »
it depends on my mood...if its like a warm summer day i like that poppy shit (new found glory, blink 182) if im just chillin i like what i would call real punk music...the stuff thats a little poppy like that but has actual meaning & feeling to the songs. i like Brand New because they are kind of a mix of the two. i think my fav. punk band would have to be Green Day or Zebrahead...old offspring is good but their new stuff is starting to get dissapointing (although their newest album had some really good tracks). i also love The Matches...they have a song that nobody i've ever known likes and its maybe my favorite punk song ever made...it doesnt even have a name to the song. and then i love Gob. they have that poppy feel but their lyrics are fuckin awesome:

"keep bleeding your fake blood, till no one even sees it, if thats the best you can make up, atleast act like ya mean it, give up the grudge, shut your fucking mouth, why ya gotta judge everybody but yourself? take a look around you there aint nobody home, i may be a loser but atleast im not alone"

"your mercedes wont start, yeah thats a cryin shame, i guess 90k a year buys nothing but complaints, the people in the neighbourhood think that im a threat. while the boss gets richer they get deeper in debt"

akaDRooPY

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2004, 06:30:53 PM »
luke, be on the lookout when that new incubus album leaks, every day i look for it

Don Breezio

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2004, 06:32:58 PM »
luke, be on the lookout when that new incubus album leaks, every day i look for it

nah man i dont want it offline...i have megalomaniac and a live version of pistola...after that i dont want to hear anymore till the album is officially out in stores and im gonna go buy it first thing in the morning. i cant wait. i was dissapointed though because i could've pre-ordered it and got a megalomaniac promo single but by the time i got around to doing so the single was gone so i said fuck it.