Author Topic: American airforce Accidently BOMB Yorkshire in England  (Read 128 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
American airforce Accidently BOMB Yorkshire in England
« on: January 12, 2004, 09:09:27 AM »
man can't you guys get anything right? we're on your side, yet in both iraq wars you killed us more than the iraqi's did and now u bomb us

US airforce drops practice bomb

RAF Lakenheath is run by the US air force
A US airforce practice bomb has been dropped on the Yorkshire countryside.
A spokesman for the United States airforce (USAF) said on Monday that the 25-pound BDU-33 training bomb landed in an area near Holme on Spalding Moor - six miles south west of Market Weighton in East Yorkshire.

The bomb, which produces smoke on impact, caused an 18-inch crater in a asphalt track which is part of an old airfield now owned by Allied Grains.

The accident happened at about 1715 GMT on 8 January.

The device was dropped from an RAF Lakenheath F-15 fighter jet.

'Extremely rare' accident

It was an inert practice bomb and no-one was hurt in the incident.

First Lieutenant Augustine Ekpoudom said the bomb had caused a crater 18 inches in diameter.

He said the incident was "an extremely rare occurence".

"Public safety is always our primary concern," he said.

"There were no injuries, limited property damage, and the inert munition was recovered.

"The F-15E Strike Eagle was conducting a routine training mission at the time of the incident.

"Trained and experienced base personnel including Ministry of Defence, and local constabulary authorities responded to the scene and an investigation team is determining the cause of the incident."

Alan Marsland, who farms land near to the site the bomb landed, said: "It went through the asphalt on this old airfield which is now owned by Allied Grain. Luckily no-one was around."

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

I-Yoof

Re:American airforce Accidently BOMB Yorkshire in England
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 11:54:20 AM »
Wouldn't have been as funny if someone was underneath.

Woodrow

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2004, 12:20:32 PM »

Oh no! Not the YorkShire!!!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2004, 12:24:45 PM by Krayzie-Eyez Killah »

I-Yoof

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2004, 12:34:03 PM »
See that rose in my sig...

Yorkshire born and bred you fuckin mug.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2004, 01:17:30 PM »
man can't you guys get anything right? we're on your side, yet in both iraq wars you killed us more than the iraqi's did and now u bomb us

US airforce drops practice bomb

RAF Lakenheath is run by the US air force
A US airforce practice bomb has been dropped on the Yorkshire countryside.
A spokesman for the United States airforce (USAF) said on Monday that the 25-pound BDU-33 training bomb landed in an area near Holme on Spalding Moor - six miles south west of Market Weighton in East Yorkshire.

The bomb, which produces smoke on impact, caused an 18-inch crater in a asphalt track which is part of an old airfield now owned by Allied Grains.

The accident happened at about 1715 GMT on 8 January.

The device was dropped from an RAF Lakenheath F-15 fighter jet.

'Extremely rare' accident

It was an inert practice bomb and no-one was hurt in the incident.

First Lieutenant Augustine Ekpoudom said the bomb had caused a crater 18 inches in diameter.

He said the incident was "an extremely rare occurence".

"Public safety is always our primary concern," he said.

"There were no injuries, limited property damage, and the inert munition was recovered.

"The F-15E Strike Eagle was conducting a routine training mission at the time of the incident.

"Trained and experienced base personnel including Ministry of Defence, and local constabulary authorities responded to the scene and an investigation team is determining the cause of the incident."

Alan Marsland, who farms land near to the site the bomb landed, said: "It went through the asphalt on this old airfield which is now owned by Allied Grain. Luckily no-one was around."

well you know, i guess i can't get anything right. sorry everybody. i didn't mean to do this

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2004, 02:08:45 PM »
Wow, good thing nobody was hurt!