Author Topic: Visiting Mars...  (Read 502 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Visiting Mars...
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2004, 10:10:47 AM »
not everything goes that way i'm afraid, there will neva be a cheap way of getting into space due to the huge amounts of energy required to do it. when ur up there u got solar winds n shit but to get out of the atmosphere is a whole different story.

btw cars have been around for about 100 years and ppl been doin this space travel stuff for about 50 years and how many ppl own their own space shuttle? oh right none. ok how many ordinary citzens have been into space? 1. if think you can see how different the 2 things are

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2004, 02:14:28 PM »
I'm sure it'll be rich people visitin the moon at first, but who owned the first cars? Who owns cars now? Look at the big picture.

You people think advancment and learning is a sin or something...

"It's like talking astrophysics to a trick"
-Suga Free

learning is fine. but spending (wasting) money to learn about another planet...before using the money for something worthwhile like feeding the hungry? Even a Republican would agree that the homeless are more impor....nah nevermind. lol

smerlus

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2004, 02:29:03 PM »
once again, it's all on budgets, nasa doesn't give food to the homeless cause they spend thier money on space travel and shit like that

why should we give a bigger bidget to asylum seekers when they over populate our cities with people seeking asylum. we can bomb the hell out of thier oppresive regime...depopulate their country and send them back?

and as for homeless...every country has homeless so it's not just the US that has this problem and is ignoring it...my mother came to visit me in japan and stayed at a 4 star hyatt in tokyo...and across the street in the park was like a whole town of bums....they don't spend thier money on big war machines....they don't have gun or school problems but yet they still have homeless. it's mostly the homeless peoples fault...it's not that hard to find a job, gather up a bunch of bum buddies and rent out a cheap appartment

and lastly space travel...yes space travel has been around for 50 years and cars have been around for 100 years.....they are still two different things....just like only the rich could afford boats and to go on planes...it's more of a safety issue than anything else....car crashes kill more people that and other kind of accident so imagine if we could all go out and buy planes, and space ships...it would be fucking chaos...we can't even control a 4 wheel mostly mechanical contraption that can be used by a single person, but you want every one flying around in space ships? and i'm sure if it came down to it, they'd build spaceships like those jumbo jets that can hold a couple hundred people and use that to repopulate a planet

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2004, 02:36:09 PM »
and as for homeless...every country has homeless so it's not just the US that has this problem and is ignoring it...

And everybody should be paying more attention to it. But, we are the ones on Mars for some reason.

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2004, 02:52:59 PM »
I can't say I totally support going to mars, but I will say this.  Nobody will agree, but like I give a fuck.  

Going to mars is something ONLY the government can accomplish.  You and I can't get together and figure out how to go to mars.

You and I can feed the homeless.

End of story.

Doggystylin

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2004, 03:33:06 PM »
wouldnt it be colder on mars? oh hell no

HIPPI

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2004, 03:43:14 PM »
$820 MILLION for a postcard from Mars. Imagine what we could do with that money on our own planet, better yet, our own fuckin country.
Engel said he likes to learn, well so do many children. Wouldn't it make more sense to use that money for education purposes here, rather than for them to send us photos of a red planet? These fuckin people we put in power will do anything to fatten the pockets of the friends in certain industries. There is nothing else to it. I'm sure they know that E.T. doesn't exist.

smerlus

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2004, 11:05:54 PM »
and as for homeless...every country has homeless so it's not just the US that has this problem and is ignoring it...

And everybody should be paying more attention to it. But, we are the ones on Mars for some reason.

what i'm trying to say is that there are countries that aren't spending billions on weapons...that aren't spending billions on space travel....that aren't spending billions on whatever cause you think is a piece of shit cause....and there are still homeless people....

what should we do with homeless? build them houses? that just leads to more slums....can't get them all jobs....there's no right solution to homelessness

and with education....today's youth doesn't want to learn....if they did, then they'd be in school like they already are. you can't force someone to learn no matter how expensive the books are, or how far buses go to pick them up.... these two problems are left up to the individual to figure out

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2004, 11:24:41 PM »
smerlus ^ You forgot, though, personal responsibility is lost in America.  Nothing's our fault.  If we're fat, it's because of the fast food companies.  If we're stupid, it's because of the school system.  If we steal something, it's because of society.  The only time anything is our fault, is when a kid in columbine shoots his peers at school.  Then it's our fault because we weren't his friend.  

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2004, 02:08:28 AM »
I can't say I totally support going to mars, but I will say this.  Nobody will agree, but like I give a fuck.  

Going to mars is something ONLY the government can accomplish.  You and I can't get together and figure out how to go to mars.

You and I can feed the homeless.

End of story.

^^thats true. But where does that money that the government wastes on shit...come from?

bez

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2004, 06:49:12 AM »
I actually think the ideas they had on the movie RED PLANET where pretty dope.  Blasting up moss and shit so it could grow.  I think one day earth is gunna be far to overpopulated and we are definetyl gunna have to find another planet to live, so looking into Mars in my eyes aint a bad thing.

Put it this way I would rather live on Mars than Uranus!

Trauma-san

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2004, 06:50:53 AM »
From Taxes.  Which should summarily be lowered.  It's not the government's place to feed the homeless, they should help themselves or private charities should take care of that, we shouldn't be forced to support people.  On the other hand, there's no way we can go to mars without the entire country helping out, so to me, going to mars makes much more sense than paying for the homeless.  Call me cold, but I don't give a fuck, I have little sympathy for most of them, whino, drunk motherfuckers who want to just throw their lives away.  There are millions of opportunities in this country for anyone, but they dont' want that, they want a handout and a check from the government.  

bez

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2004, 07:16:18 AM »
From Taxes.  Which should summarily be lowered.  It's not the government's place to feed the homeless, they should help themselves or private charities should take care of that, we shouldn't be forced to support people.  On the other hand, there's no way we can go to mars without the entire country helping out, so to me, going to mars makes much more sense than paying for the homeless.  Call me cold, but I don't give a fuck, I have little sympathy for most of them, whino, drunk motherfuckers who want to just throw their lives away.  There are millions of opportunities in this country for anyone, but they dont' want that, they want a handout and a check from the government.  

Preach!

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2004, 09:14:37 AM »
fuck that not everyone gets dealt a good card in life most of ppl here will have been fortunate enough to have been baught up in a good household with parents lending proper support. other ppl their parent mite not like them and be cunts to them or they grow up in care which has a terrible reputation, they may lack basic qualities like knowinghow to read and write. and when u become homeless without support from other ppl it virtually impossible to get back on your feet no ones to employ ppl who live in the street so how they gonna get a job to make a fresh start. there are two classes of homeless those who need help and those who don't want it. but even if they don't want it they may just not know that because they have become addicted to drugs whilst being homeless thus they need help to get clean.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

smerlus

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2004, 09:43:47 AM »
fuck that not everyone gets dealt a good card in life most of ppl here will have been fortunate enough to have been baught up in a good household with parents lending proper support. other ppl their parent mite not like them and be cunts to them or they grow up in care which has a terrible reputation, they may lack basic qualities like knowinghow to read and write. and when u become homeless without support from other ppl it virtually impossible to get back on your feet no ones to employ ppl who live in the street so how they gonna get a job to make a fresh start. there are two classes of homeless those who need help and those who don't want it. but even if they don't want it they may just not know that because they have become addicted to drugs whilst being homeless thus they need help to get clean.

when i was coming back to high school as a senior, i would have never thought my spanish teacher was living out of his van.....he was an alcoholic, a gambler, his wife kicked him out and moved away with thier three kids....all he had left was some clothes and a dirty old van that he was living in....sure he got dealt a shitty hand....but living in a van straightened him up....he got his shit together, kept working, saved up and now he's back in his own house...

you have to want something better for yourself....you don't have to settle being homeless...McDonalds, Arby's, target, wal mart and shit like that are constantly hiring around here and yet you still see a couple homeless people....shit get on welfare and work a minimum wage job to put a roof on your head