Author Topic: Visiting Mars...  (Read 504 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Visiting Mars...
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2004, 11:31:13 AM »
u think ppl r gonna wanna be served by a smelly homeless person i highly doubt maccy dez etc would hire them

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2004, 11:42:43 AM »
From Taxes.  Which should summarily be lowered.  It's not the government's place to feed the homeless, they should help themselves or private charities should take care of that, we shouldn't be forced to support people.  On the other hand, there's no way we can go to mars without the entire country helping out, so to me, going to mars makes much more sense than paying for the homeless.  Call me cold, but I don't give a fuck, I have little sympathy for most of them, whino, drunk motherfuckers who want to just throw their lives away.  There are millions of opportunities in this country for anyone, but they dont' want that, they want a handout and a check from the government.  

Thats the definition of Republican right there lol. "Fuck the homeless...theyre all a bunch of whinos!" lol. Wtf.

I-Yoof

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2004, 11:44:37 AM »
u think ppl r gonna wanna be served by a smelly homeless person i highly doubt maccy dez etc would hire them

You mean they don't already?

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2004, 12:43:53 PM »
fuck that not everyone gets dealt a good card in life most of ppl here will have been fortunate enough to have been baught up in a good household with parents lending proper support. other ppl their parent mite not like them and be cunts to them or they grow up in care which has a terrible reputation, they may lack basic qualities like knowinghow to read and write. and when u become homeless without support from other ppl it virtually impossible to get back on your feet no ones to employ ppl who live in the street so how they gonna get a job to make a fresh start. there are two classes of homeless those who need help and those who don't want it. but even if they don't want it they may just not know that because they have become addicted to drugs whilst being homeless thus they need help to get clean.

when i was coming back to high school as a senior, i would have never thought my spanish teacher was living out of his van.....he was an alcoholic, a gambler, his wife kicked him out and moved away with thier three kids....all he had left was some clothes and a dirty old van that he was living in....sure he got dealt a shitty hand....but living in a van straightened him up....he got his shit together, kept working, saved up and now he's back in his own house...

you have to want something better for yourself....you don't have to settle being homeless...McDonalds, Arby's, target, wal mart and shit like that are constantly hiring around here and yet you still see a couple homeless people....shit get on welfare and work a minimum wage job to put a roof on your head

lol thats a nice thought and all...but it doesnt exactly work like that. Its true, u DO have to want more then to be homeless. But how many employers really hire homeless people...barely any. Shit, a lot of employers wont hire you just because youre a minority...so imagine how hard it is for someone who is homeless. People have fucked up Republican views of them (ie. Theyre all a bunch of whinos), and dont want them working for them. Not to mention, a LOT of them are mentally ill also. I know in San Diego we supposedly have the highest % of mentally ill homeless people. Wheres the help for them? There isnt...thats why theyre homeless.

smerlus

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2004, 06:01:38 PM »

yeah i also thing bill gates will hire them as VP.....i named shitty jobs and you come up with macy's... you should see the arby's near my house....these fuckers looked like they pulled thier uniform out of a soaking wet sock....they're a nasty bunch of bastards that i wouldn't dare let touch my food, so yeah i can see some homeless people working there...even the managers look like they got arthritis from gripping that cart handle in the winter

anyways if i was homeless i'd rob a bank, cause you'd get a roof over your head either way  8)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 06:02:42 PM by smerlus »

HIPPI

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2004, 11:34:29 PM »
Ok, so you'd rather get a picture of Mars than feed some homeless people. That's understandable, some of them are a bunch of freeloaders, some aren't. But, what about education, healthcare, etc., things to help the general public. If WE pay taxes, then we should be getting things like this in return. I don't want a postcard from Mars. If I pay taxes, I want it to
a) benefit me somehow (lower education/medical costs)

b) benefit the needy (sick children for example, doesn't have to be bums)

Neither of those things is the government's responsibility, but taking pictures of Mars isn't either. So why not spend the money in a way that benefits the people paying for it?

Woodrow

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2004, 08:45:56 AM »
I'm sorry that you're too small minded to see the big picture...

Have you ever cooked with teflon pans? Thank NASA.

Ever had a CATscan or an MRI? Thanks NASA.

Lightweight alumunim used in today's bikes, planes, etc? Guess who...

The Circuit board? Apollo mission spinoff. Without this, we wouldn't be talking right now. Thank's again NASA

Here's NASA's own page on Spinoff's:
http://www.sti.nasa.gov/tto/

Here's an article:
http://www.nasa.gov/vision/earth/technologies/spinoffs.html

Fuck it! Do a search in their spinoff database:
http://www.sti.nasa.gov/tto/spinselect.html

A study I read on the ISS showed that every $1 invested in developing the technology has spun off into $40 for the economy... I can't find it at the moment, but I'll post it up once I do...

Does anyone honestly think that putting that bit of money elsewhere would solve whatever domestic problems you want fixed? Have we cured hunger, poverty, or undereducation yet? No? Well, we've been throwing billions at them so far. If you're looking for funds to cut and inefficiencies to uproot, look in defense and welfare. Diverting funds from NASA to domestic programs will not change anything except to kneecap our development as a multi-planet species.

Another ignorant assumption by simple mineded moron's is that if money is cut from one department, it automatically gets redistributed to others. That's not the way it works. And yes, I know we're running a deficit but a 1 billion increase over the next 5 years isn't going to contribute significantly to it. By the way, Every administration except for 2 (maybe 3) has run a deficit and the country is still here...

For the moron's out there who think this is a waste of money, put a gun in your mouth.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 08:47:11 AM by Krayzie-Eyez Killah »

HIPPI

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2004, 03:33:29 PM »
It's a waste of money when you consider the fact that our nation could use the money for other MORE IMPORTANT THINGS. That's my point.

Woodrow

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2004, 07:43:59 PM »
I just picked apart your blind ass ignorant argument point by point.

You are wrong.

HIPPI

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2004, 10:05:56 PM »
So, I'm wrong in thinking that education and health for our citizens is more important than exploring a planet? How can that be "wrong"? It's a matter of opinion. You're such a fuckin idiot. You try to make yourself think that you're right, by saying that I'm wrong about something I CAN'T BE WRONG ABOUT. I didn't say space exploration serves no use to us, I just said at the moment this country has bigger, more important issues to worry about. It's a matter of opinion dumbass.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2004, 12:00:40 AM »
When the aliens invade and kill all of us, you won't be so worried about the homeless and the uneducated children...

HIPPI

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2004, 12:15:05 AM »
When the aliens invade and kill all of us, you won't be so worried about the homeless and the uneducated children...

Yea, first Bush used terrorists to frighten the country and take away our freedoms and liberties. Next he will use aliens. LOL. Good point. That general recently said "if there is an attack, we will have to ignore the constitution and our country will lose what its known for... freedom".   Only real patriots like Trauma would agree with something like this, right Trauma? Fuck the constitution... real patriotic.