Author Topic: Maybe in 3 or 4 years...  (Read 153 times)

PLANT

Maybe in 3 or 4 years...
« on: January 13, 2004, 04:28:36 PM »
Outkast "Speakerboxx/Love Below" will be consdiered a classic and groundbreaking album.

I always thought that their music was ahead of our time.  When I first heard "Aquemeni" I thought it was a good album, but like 2 or 3 years later It was one of the most amazing albums ever IMO.

Just a thought.

But for now, just a good album. Nothing more, nothing less...

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Maybe in 3 or 4 years...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 04:30:53 PM »
word  :)

i really enjoy it now.. and later on i will love it

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 06:35:17 AM »
That's what I was sayin' in all the other threads. It takes time before people claim an album a classic. I think same will happen with "Terrorist Threats" (it won't be called a "classic", but people'll like it more than they do now), "Rip The Jacker", etc.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2004, 08:04:18 AM »
Yeah, possibly. "Terrorist Threats" was good and "Rip The Jacker" was great, but there was nothing about them that made you think sumbody's tryina take shit to another level. Andre did, which don't mean his album (or part of the album if u consider it one) was great music, but he tried to do sumthin new and if that will prove to have been influential then prolly people will consider it a groundbreaking classic

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 08:20:51 PM »
Speakerboxxx/The Love Below might end up a classic but Terrorist Threats and Rip The Jacker will never end up like that.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.