Author Topic: gimme some tight OLDIES songs 2 sample....  (Read 224 times)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
gimme some tight OLDIES songs 2 sample....
« on: January 13, 2004, 07:12:42 PM »
I'm really gettin into sampling in my shit now....I got tha whole Kanye/Just Blaze bullshit pretty much down....it really aint as hard as tha average joe think it is.....

anyway, I have alot of oldies material.....I'm also luvin Trauma's Frank Sinatra post.....I'ma see wassup wit that.....but what I want yall to do is list some of yur favorites that ain't been sampled before.....shoooooot

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Trizz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Cant spell the West wit out the ES
Re:gimme some tight OLDIES songs 2 sample....
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 07:22:45 PM »
smokey robinson -ooo baby baby

HIPPI

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 08:41:31 PM »
Andy - Cheshmayeh Nazet
Black Cats - Aftab Labeh Boomeh

Doggystylin

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 10:05:26 PM »
lol^

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 10:08:49 PM »
man heres what i want and i dont know why nobody has done it yet...but somebody needs to make a rap song that samples "Bad Boys" by the Inner Circle in the hook...that song was fuckin dope and i'd love to hear a hip hop version.

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2004, 11:40:02 PM »
I could name hundreds, but I started thinking about it one day, and the rap version is never as good as the original, so I dunno about that :)   Just don't sample the whole hook, I would suggest sampling like a nice line from the verse or something and making that your new hook, so it doesn't just rip off the original, and you still get that cool sampled flavor.  A few that are just dying to be sampled are...

Sam Cooke - A Change Gon' Come (Just sample a line out of it, like "I was BORRRRRRRN, by tha RIVVVVVERRRRRRRR..... in a liiiil' tennnnntttt")

If you were making a slower song, you could sample part of "Ben" by Michael Jackson, but just sample the parts where he's singing the verse, like "I USED TO SAYYYYYYYY" and then have somebody do a line, etc. etc. Kind of like Naughty By Nature did in O.P.P., they sampled Mike going "Come on, come on, come on, lemme show you what it's all about" instead of just going for the obvious sample and stealing the hook.  Worked out great.

Jay Z sampled "5 to 1" for the Takeover, the Doors make great samples.  "Riders on the Storm" would be perfect, because the music is so quiet, anyways.  There's basically just a nice drum track, you may even be able to loop that and put it in your beat.  You could grab a line like "There's a killer on the road"..... "a ki-ki-killer on the Road".... "There's a killer on the road" .... "a ki-ki-killer on the road"... That would be a perfect sample.  "Girl ya gotta love your man".... "Got... got gotta love your man".... "Girl ya gotta love your man.... Got, got gotta love your man"... Scratch it up a little bit like that, it'd be PERFECT.

If you're MORE adventurous, you could make a nice solid beat, and then sample in the Riff from Jimi Hendrix' Voodoo Chile (The Hollywood Hogan one)... Just the riff, "Bwah, bwah bwah bwah.... bwah, bwah bwah bwah.... " it repeats through the whole song... you could kind of fade it in and loop it in the back of a chorus on a track.  

If you think you have skills, lol... make a track, and have the intro to the hook sample Chuck Berry's "Roll over Beethoven"... that'd be a good rap song, playing on the Beethoven rolling over in his grave thing.  

You could sample the hook from the Beatles "If I fell" into about anything.  Just have a rap with a chorus, and then right at the end of the chorus, scratch in the background, with reverb echoing all over it, "If I fell in love with YOU....."  eassssssy sample, that would MAKE a song.

willie_d

• 'G'
  • You ready? Here come the pain!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2004, 06:35:53 AM »
It all depends on how you want your shit to sound.
Me, I always look for Isaac Hayes, James Brown and stuff like that. But you got some really tight samples in bands like The Main Ingredient, The Dramatics, Donny Hathaway, Stevie Wonder ('70s), Herbie Hancock, The JB's, and lots of others.
The only way you can fuck with me, is in a orgy.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2004, 02:41:33 PM »
coo coo....great suggestions....keep em comin

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2004, 02:53:45 PM »
how do u mix em without having the acapella? u got some program or sumething?

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2004, 02:56:21 PM »
as for old ish to sample, Syl Johnson is tight as a muthafucka, RZA sampled alotta shit from his songs too..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2004, 12:33:56 AM »
man heres what i want and i dont know why nobody has done it yet...but somebody needs to make a rap song that samples "Bad Boys" by the Inner Circle in the hook...that song was fuckin dope and i'd love to hear a hip hop version.

It's been done...LOL

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2004, 12:44:51 AM »
i always wanted to hear someone remake or sample led zeppelin's "when the levee breaks"

the beastie boys did, but that was disapointing IMO.

also i think it'd be dope to hear someone sample "baila mi hermana/dance sister dance"  by Santana. that'd be an awesome party track.

plus i think jimi hendrix has like a bajillion riffs that are good enough to be platinum plus sampled beats

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09