Author Topic: do you consider rappers musicians?  (Read 1058 times)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
Re:do you consider rappers musicians?
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2004, 06:59:06 AM »
singing doesnt envolve more skill or uniqueness than rapping. headnut.
playin a guitar isnt any "better" than makin a beat.

get over it.

that's like saying playing a piano isn't any 'better' than tapping a pencil on your desk. i don't know what you mean by 'better', but it's damn sure more musical and damn sure more difficult. don't try to tell me that playing a guitar isn't any 'better' than making a beat if you've never tried playing the guitar. and, anyone can rap - not anyone can sing. that's not to say that anyone can write raps, cuz most people can't. but how can you tell me that making a beat isn't any more difficult than making a melody? have you actually tried doing either? i've tried them both and have to say that making a melody is much more difficult than creating a beat.

by the way, let's just stick to the argument instead of calling each other names.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2004, 10:04:57 AM »
lmao I got a LOT of fellaz who play guitar quite good and I aint impressed at all--a LOT of homies who can play nirvana and metallica songs... so.. however, I know NOONE who can make a beat that doesnt sound like shit.

PLUS not everybody can rap.. everybody can talk, but not rap. no, certainly not. "talking" offbeat and whack as fuck.. if you consider that rapping, then actually everybody can sing too. PLUS it is more difficult to bring some "melody" in your raps than in your singing. I know by experience.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2004, 11:00:16 AM »
lmao I got a LOT of fellaz who play guitar quite good and I aint impressed at all--a LOT of homies who can play nirvana and metallica songs... so.. however, I know NOONE who can make a beat that doesnt sound like shit.

PLUS not everybody can rap.. everybody can talk, but not rap. no, certainly not. "talking" offbeat and whack as fuck.. if you consider that rapping, then actually everybody can sing too. PLUS it is more difficult to bring some "melody" in your raps than in your singing. I know by experience.

true what you said about the 'not everybody can rap, everybody can talk' thing. but we have melody in our voices. i can tell a story, and you can tell by the tone of my voice whether it's a scary story or a funny story or a dumb story. it doesn't take a genius to change the tone of their voice and explain something as if they are actually describing it. if you can tell a story, and make people believe it, you can paint a verbal/mental picture for someone.

but maybe in the end, it is a matter of opinion. i think that playing a guitar is much more difficult and much more time tested than anything ever done on a drum machine or any rap song.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2004, 11:44:55 AM »
^lol i'm not white, strike one

real black dudes don't type like that ^, only try hard calton banks, nerdy, white washed black dudes. strike two

also if "niggaz" were such superior musicians why is a white boy the best rapper out now, and almost every genre y'all started got out done by a bunch of white dudes. strike three you're out!

white people and black people need to get over themselves.....y'all try to hard to be superior and different from each other , but fail to relise how similar y'all are.

first of all, wateva colour u are, u dono shit about black  people and ya def aint black, secondly that gay strik bullshit.......ummm yeah, 3rdly nah homie, aint nuttin fake about me n my colour, we both sickness, u dono shit about black so how can u speak like im a nerd or sumshit? hahaha, dont make me laugh whitey

oh n ummmmm

best pop star......mj/usher....u choose, black
best rnb-black
best female-black
best rock star- black
best rapper-black

man we can even take this further.......

fastest runner-black
best basketball player-black
best soccer star - arguably black
best cricketer-black
best GOLFER-black

dammmnnnn homie, u dont wanna fuck with us, keep listenin to slipknot and that white nerdy kids bullshit who got no friends, keep puttin on that make up homie, i'll stick to whats real

face it man, niggaz be runnin the game

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2004, 01:33:16 PM »
first of all, wateva colour u are, u dono shit about black  people and ya def aint black, secondly that gay strik bullshit.......ummm yeah, 3rdly nah homie, aint nuttin fake about me n my colour, we both sickness, u dono shit about black so how can u speak like im a nerd or sumshit? hahaha, dont make me laugh whitey

oh n ummmmm

best rnb-black
best female-black
best rock star- black
best rapper-black

fastest runner-black
best cricketer-black
best GOLFER-black

dammmnnnn homie, u dont wanna fuck with us, keep listenin to slipknot and that white nerdy kids bullshit who got no friends, keep puttin on that make up homie, i'll stick to whats real

face it man, niggaz be runnin the game

goddam why is every single topic always brought down to the level of another race argument? as if people can change their race. always somebody talkin some shit about how their race is so much better than everyone elses, yet didn't do shit to be a part of that race. i'm white. i was born white. and can't (nor do i want to) do a goddam thing to change it.

what does it matter who the best athletes and best entertainers are? as long as they entertain...right? but seriously, some of the examples you gave are just wrong. usher the king of pop? lmao. not a chance. and who's this black rock star you're talking about that's the best? eminem is better than 99 percent of the rap game, if not THE BEST in the game. tiger woods isn't black, he's thai. and best female what? that's just plain stupid to say that the "best female" is black. now let's take it down a notch: the richest man in the world is white. the most powerful man in the world is white. and i'm sure that the majority of people making money off of those black people you mentioned are probably white. and who cares? i sure as fuck don't.

and for dude that said "black people make better music than all ya'll whites" or some shit like that - that is probably one of the stupidest most ignorant statements i ever heard. maybe according you your opinion, but not everybody in the world happens to think that black music is better than white music. as if it matters. it's music. and i'm sure that more than 50 percent of the world thinks rap music (aka - what you call "black music"), is pure shit. i wouldn't be in here if i didn't like rap music, but to say that it's the best form of music is just plain ignorant. as if music is color.

can't we just have a meaningful discussion without it boiling down to race? damn i'm sick of hearing about how great black people are and how great white people are. no one did anything to be black. no one did anything to become white. why must we always talk about it?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2004, 01:41:07 AM »

lol, mj's whiter than madonna, and IMO usher is no better than Justin Timberlake.....kinda weird a white boy is on the same level as 2 black guys

best rnb

i'll give you this one. i mean b2k are just soooooooo talented

best female-black

well wait one minute here. Christina aguilera is white corn fed, and mariah carey is half white......lol

best rock star- black

if you're trying to say jimi hendrix....lol nice try but he was more cherekee indian than anything....oh and he had white in him btw too. lol shows your ignorance...

best rapper-black

i didn't know eminem had black in him....

fastest runner-black

well you kinda have to be fast if your from africa.....chasing wild animals for dinner requires just a tad bit of speed

yeah michael jordan was black, but i love how you totally dismiss the importance of jerry west, pistol pete, john stockton, rick berry, and lil celtic named larry brid

if you said this to someone in south america you'd get your ass stomped

best cricketer-black

you got me on this one.......who cares about cricket anyways

best GOLFER-black

like jimi hendrix....i'm gussing your talking about tiger woods.....who btw is more asian and has white in him aswell

i don't know what you hope to accomplish with all this racial comparison ......but it's kinda stupid....most of the people you named were either biracial or not the best in their things....also i noticed how you didn't put anything up there important like :

best poet
best painter
best scholor
best scientist
best world leader
ect

all of which would be some white europeaner or some asian dude

who gives cares..

black people are no better than white people and white people are no better than blacks

get over yourself

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2004, 02:22:23 AM »
^lol i'm not white, strike one

real black dudes don't type like that ^, only try hard calton banks, nerdy, white washed black dudes. strike two

also if "niggaz" were such superior musicians why is a white boy the best rapper out now, and almost every genre y'all started got out done by a bunch of white dudes. strike three you're out!

white people and black people need to get over themselves.....y'all try to hard to be superior and different from each other , but fail to relise how similar y'all are.

first of all, wateva colour u are,
or sumshit? hahaha, dont make me laugh whitey

LMAO, he's Mexican.... ;D
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2004, 09:27:35 AM »

lol, mj's whiter than madonna, and IMO usher is no better than Justin Timberlake.....kinda weird a white boy is on the same level as 2 black guys

best rnb

i'll give you this one. i mean b2k are just soooooooo talented

best female-black

well wait one minute here. Christina aguilera is white corn fed, and mariah carey is half white......lol

best rock star- black

if you're trying to say jimi hendrix....lol nice try but he was more cherekee indian than anything....oh and he had white in him btw too. lol shows your ignorance...

best rapper-black

i didn't know eminem had black in him....

fastest runner-black

well you kinda have to be fast if your from africa.....chasing wild animals for dinner requires just a tad bit of speed

yeah michael jordan was black, but i love how you totally dismiss the importance of jerry west, pistol pete, john stockton, rick berry, and lil celtic named larry brid

if you said this to someone in south america you'd get your ass stomped

best cricketer-black

you got me on this one.......who cares about cricket anyways

best GOLFER-black

like jimi hendrix....i'm gussing your talking about tiger woods.....who btw is more asian and has white in him aswell

i don't know what you hope to accomplish with all this racial comparison ......but it's kinda stupid....most of the people you named were either biracial or not the best in their things....also i noticed how you didn't put anything up there important like :

best poet
best painter
best scholor
best scientist
best world leader
ect

all of which would be some white europeaner or some asian dude

who gives cares..

black people are no better than white people and white people are no better than blacks

get over yourself

aight lemme break it dwn for ya whitey groupie

best male............mj or usher u choose...........mj won this title back when he was black, u cant deny that

best female - alicia keys......pleez dont compare aguilera in the same sentece, but i giv u one thang, she gotta good vioce

best rnb- we both know kid lovin r kelly runnin this shit

best hiphop - imo 2 pac.......only white kids think eminems greatest and groupies

BEST PRODUCER.......DR DRE/QUINCY, u choose,

homie niggaz be runnin muzik man!

keep listenin that wack shit u rock to

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2004, 09:32:51 AM »
havent thought lyrical g is that ignorant! lol!
maybe corleone just got on his nerves too much
No, it's not a sin

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2004, 09:45:15 AM »
haha thats the first time ive been called ignorant on wcc...i think

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2004, 09:50:32 AM »
haha thats the first time ive been called ignorant on wcc...i think

yea you havent been
No, it's not a sin

Jome

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2004, 09:02:40 PM »

Maybe you haven't read his posts before now..  :P

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2004, 10:10:46 PM »

For real. Lyrical G makes me laugh, he's always like "Blacks are better than White, but....I'm not a racist..." And using the word "Nigga" so loosely & frequently shows that you have little respect for yourself. That's right I said it. Blacks who use that word need to check themselves.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2004, 01:29:20 AM »

aight lemme break it dwn for ya whitey groupie

best male............mj or usher u choose...........mj won this title back when he was black, u cant deny that

yeah michael jackson at one time had black skin, but he's always acted like a white dude...i love michael and i'll admit that he's been white washed

best female - alicia keys......pleez dont compare aguilera in the same sentece, but i giv u one thang, she gotta good vioce....

LMAO lllllllloooooooollllll oh goooooood alicia keys is part white and her black dad has indian in him making her more white than black lllllllllllllooooooooooollllll LMAO

best rnb- we both know kid lovin r kelly runnin this shit

you might of had a point when r kelly was releasing songs like "your body's calling me" but i'm sorry r kelly is realeasing crap nowadays!

best hiphop - imo 2 pac.......only white kids think eminems greatest and groupies

no shit 2pac is the GOAT......but he ain't a current artist. the best current artist is eminem.

BEST PRODUCER.......DR DRE/QUINCY, u choose,

naw actually the current best producer is mutt lang and of all time it's the classics like bethoveen/ J. S. Bach

keep listenin that wack shit u rock to

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2004, 10:17:49 AM »

For real. Lyrical G makes me laugh, he's always like "Blacks are better than White, but....I'm not a racist..." And using the word "Nigga" so loosely & frequently shows that you have little respect for yourself. That's right I said it. Blacks who use that word need to check themselves.

that theres real touchin dawg, fo real

oh n lol@black who say the word nigga need th check themselves,

man u aint fully black until you said the word nigga atleast once in ya life, u aint black until u seen a hood movie, funny shit buts its truth!

peace!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2004, 10:23:44 AM by LyRiCaL_G »