Author Topic: do you consider rappers musicians?  (Read 1066 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:do you consider rappers musicians?
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2004, 10:21:46 AM »
havent thought lyrical g is that ignorant! lol!
maybe corleone just got on his nerves too much

Maybe you haven't read his posts before now..  :P

For real. Lyrical G makes me laugh, he's always like "Blacks are better than White, but....I'm not a racist..." And using the word "Nigga" so loosely & frequently shows that you have little respect for yourself. That's right I said it. Blacks who use that word need to check themselves.

first racial comment from you that doesnt upset me. props. doesnt it feel good? keep it up then.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2004, 10:22:18 AM »

aight lemme break it dwn for ya whitey groupie

best male............mj or usher u choose...........mj won this title back when he was black, u cant deny that

yeah michael jackson at one time had black skin, but he's always acted like a white dude...i love michael and i'll admit that he's been white washed

best female - alicia keys......pleez dont compare aguilera in the same sentece, but i giv u one thang, she gotta good vioce....

LMAO lllllllloooooooollllll oh goooooood alicia keys is part white and her black dad has indian in him making her more white than black lllllllllllllooooooooooollllll LMAO

best rnb- we both know kid lovin r kelly runnin this shit

you might of had a point when r kelly was releasing songs like "your body's calling me" but i'm sorry r kelly is realeasing crap nowadays!

best hiphop - imo 2 pac.......only white kids think eminems greatest and groupies

no shit 2pac is the GOAT......but he ain't a current artist. the best current artist is eminem.

BEST PRODUCER.......DR DRE/QUINCY, u choose,

naw actually the current best producer is mutt lang and of all time it's the classics like bethoveen/ J. S. Bach

keep listenin that wack shit u rock to

yo well i tink its fair to say me n u got bare different tase in muzik fo sho

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2004, 01:48:23 PM »
its funny how people like mj, alicia keys, tiger woods suddenly is being classed as "white" when it benefits the argument

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2004, 01:54:10 PM »
to reply to the original topic... here's a quote from a site:

Are rappers musicians?  Sure, same as drummers and percussionists.  Everyone
likes to make fun about drummers not being "real" musicians, but as a bass
player, I know they are.  I admire and respect what they do, and playing
bass with a good drummer is fun, easy, and more musical than playing with a
not-so-skilled drummer.  Rappers fall in the same class, and whether or not
they rap over sampled music or a live band makes no difference.  Singers who
sing to pre-recorded tapes are still making music, right?
http://www.amstadt.com/tblarchive/VOL1999/300-400/bl303.html

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2004, 03:07:17 PM »
havent thought lyrical g is that ignorant! lol!
maybe corleone just got on his nerves too much

Maybe you haven't read his posts before now..  :P

For real. Lyrical G makes me laugh, he's always like "Blacks are better than White, but....I'm not a racist..." And using the word "Nigga" so loosely & frequently shows that you have little respect for yourself. That's right I said it. Blacks who use that word need to check themselves.

that theres real touchin dawg, fo real

oh n lol@black who say the word nigga need th check themselves,

man u aint fully black until you said the word nigga atleast once in ya life, u aint black until u seen a hood movie, funny shit buts its truth!

peace!

So you aren't Black if you don't say a word which was given to you by White slavemasters they used to disrespect you? That's absolutely ridiculous.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2004, 10:52:45 AM »
homie its kool, u a couple of shades to light to understand maybe

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2004, 12:59:47 PM »
That's maybe because I am White. I don't go around calling my White friends "crackers" so I don't understand my Blacks call each other that. I've had Blacks call me that. I don't understand.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2004, 01:06:35 PM »
That's maybe because I am White. I don't go around calling my White friends "crackers" so I don't understand my Blacks call each other that. I've had Blacks call me that. I don't understand.

homie its kool....i could explain to ya but i dont really see the need, i aint racist, i dont go round sayin crackers to white dudes, i got some white friends even though my whole hood is basically all black ppl and like i dont think blacks are better than whites, i feel we should be equal, im jus sayin, that in most cases imo...in music n shit, the ppl who i feel to be the sickest or are the sickest, are black, and im proud of that, if that makes me racist, fair enough......i jus understand reality n how life really is on blacks.....but whites wouldnt feel what i gotta say about that so leave it......and the whole blacks sayin niggaz thing......i could explain why we say that, but theres no point

peace

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2004, 08:34:38 AM »
first of all, wateva colour u are, u dono shit about black  people and ya def aint black, secondly that gay strik bullshit.......ummm yeah, 3rdly nah homie, aint nuttin fake about me n my colour, we both sickness, u dono shit about black so how can u speak like im a nerd or sumshit? hahaha, dont make me laugh whitey

oh n ummmmm

best pop star......mj/usher....u choose, black
best rnb-black
best female-black
best rock star- black
best rapper-black

man we can even take this further.......

fastest runner-black
best basketball player-black
best soccer star - arguably black
best cricketer-black
best GOLFER-black

dammmnnnn homie, u dont wanna fuck with us, keep listenin to slipknot and that white nerdy kids bullshit who got no friends, keep puttin on that make up homie, i'll stick to whats real

face it man, niggaz be runnin the game

goddam why is every single topic always brought down to the level of another race argument? as if people can change their race. always somebody talkin some shit about how their race is so much better than everyone elses, yet didn't do shit to be a part of that race. i'm white. i was born white. and can't (nor do i want to) do a goddam thing to change it.

what does it matter who the best athletes and best entertainers are? as long as they entertain...right? but seriously, some of the examples you gave are just wrong. usher the king of pop? lmao. not a chance. and who's this black rock star you're talking about that's the best? eminem is better than 99 percent of the rap game, if not THE BEST in the game. tiger woods isn't black, he's thai. and best female what? that's just plain stupid to say that the "best female" is black. now let's take it down a notch: the richest man in the world is white. the most powerful man in the world is white. and i'm sure that the majority of people making money off of those black people you mentioned are probably white. and who cares? i sure as fuck don't.

and for dude that said "black people make better music than all ya'll whites" or some shit like that - that is probably one of the stupidest most ignorant statements i ever heard. maybe according you your opinion, but not everybody in the world happens to think that black music is better than white music. as if it matters. it's music. and i'm sure that more than 50 percent of the world thinks rap music (aka - what you call "black music"), is pure shit. i wouldn't be in here if i didn't like rap music, but to say that it's the best form of music is just plain ignorant. as if music is color.

can't we just have a meaningful discussion without it boiling down to race? damn i'm sick of hearing about how great black people are and how great white people are. no one did anything to be black. no one did anything to become white. why must we always talk about it?

did anybody read this?

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2004, 12:38:06 PM »
^^^i cant asnwer for others but i didnt

Immortal

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2004, 12:41:37 PM »
I personally consider a few rappers as musicians...example listen to TAlib Kweli - Reflection Eternal and Quality album

ID LIEK OT ADD dJ QUICK ALSO
« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 12:44:39 PM by Darth*Immortal aka THE_Apocalypse »
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

West C. Connected

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2004, 12:47:05 PM »

black people are no better than white people and white people are no better than blacks

I noticed you left open the possibility for Asians to be better than both. ;D

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2004, 01:21:58 PM »

black people are no better than white people and white people are no better than blacks

I noticed you left open the possibility for Asians to be better than both. ;D

maybe because he and nobody cares about asians, that is... just a thought
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2004, 10:14:13 AM »
its funny how people like mj, alicia keys, tiger woods suddenly is being classed as "white" when it benefits the argument

and visa versa ..... ::)

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2004, 10:23:51 AM »
to reply to the original topic... here's a quote from a site:

Are rappers musicians?  Sure, same as drummers and percussionists.  Everyone
likes to make fun about drummers not being "real" musicians, but as a bass
player, I know they are.  I admire and respect what they do, and playing
bass with a good drummer is fun, easy, and more musical than playing with a
not-so-skilled drummer.  Rappers fall in the same class, and whether or not
they rap over sampled music or a live band makes no difference.  Singers who
sing to pre-recorded tapes are still making music, right?

http://www.amstadt.com/tblarchive/VOL1999/300-400/bl303.html

but what are his reasons? because it's fun and easy? i don't get what his reasons are...