Author Topic: G unit makes me remember the good old days..  (Read 226 times)

Trizz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Cant spell the West wit out the ES
G unit makes me remember the good old days..
« on: January 15, 2004, 12:17:19 AM »
Im 20 years old so i been bumpin hip hop for a minute since like 89 lol i know your like what you was mad young
but on the way to school the sixth graders played hip hop tapes on the bus and i was feeling it and i saw yo mtv raps everytime it was on but i got into hip hop fully in 92 when i heard the chronic and g unit reminds me of the g funk area mixed with our grimey era we had in those dies yeah they made a few love songs but there tighter then any other nigga doin it shit pac did some too and they were HOT
and the way they floss they do it with flavor it aint like some show off nigga who never had shit and dont know how to hold his dough they do it with a mafia type flow
secondly they got the street knowledge and they real seriously and they normal niggas who were doin it hard on the street just like the west has they gangstas we in new times and out east the truth is everybody starting to bang we got bloods crips surenos nortenos latin kings netas black hoods Black discyples everythings out here its crazy
in new york from In the bronx you get grilled at for rockin any kind of blue clothing and plus we got small drug gangs and crews shits wild dont sleep and this is how g unit grew up same way alot of us are and there wilin out so you cant say they the regular gangsta rapper and they studio blah blah bull shit dont sleep yo 50 is gonna be rememberd as one of the great ones and loyyd banks is the future
and the game will bring the west on a whole new level belive that this the melenium of aftermath and aint gon be nuttin afta that-dr dre, remember his words yo

S.L.A.B.

Re:G unit makes me remember the good old days..
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 12:32:38 AM »
to tell u the truth i wasent really feeling the G-Unit cd, the beats were weak same for lyrics they need to come out with a real big banger if they want me to buy they shit.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 12:37:02 AM »
lol u started listenin to hiphop 5 years old ;D. I didn't, but it's true that G-Unit have brought back sum of the roughness commercial hiphop didn't really have anymore before. I don't think they studio gangstas, or well they might be now, but they were gangsta before, still 50 really luvs to make money off of havin got shot and they're pretty much concerned with tellin people how they are gangsta instead of paintin an authentic picture of street life. But I respect G-Unit, they should just stop doin any love songs and leave it to artists who are good at it lol

Kaidy

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 04:49:11 PM »
Yea they make me remember the past too... I remember how you used to have to have talent to put out a record, and how you had to have substance to go along with the image. And how rappers never used to mumble.

Those were the days...

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 08:05:42 PM »
Yea they make me remember the past too... I remember how you used to have to have talent to put out a record, and how you had to have substance to go along with the image. And how rappers never used to mumble.

Those were the days...

Nice inside joke homie.
25 & up should be ROTFL....(prop's)

Hatesrats 2oooIV

Trizz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2004, 09:42:02 PM »
ok first off if one of yall basiclly saying 50 studio cause he rich now if thats the case every rapper all over the country is studio cause they rappers nobody wanna stay poor broke hustlin and shooting its not a healthy life
but you can never take the gangsta out of the gangsta even when he progresses in life

Number two there making love songs cause compared to WCC popular opinion females do like there love songs
and niggas out here prefer there love songs over any love songs out

thirdly there beats arent wack and Lyrics dont gotta be all complex and medaphoric to be Ill

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2004, 09:59:46 PM »
homie...nobody said 50 was studio...but truthfully i could give a fuck whether he is or not. i just want him to start making good music. the fact is what a rapper does in his/her personal life really should have no value to the fans. yet it does and i have no clue why.

mauzip

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2004, 10:09:51 PM »
homie...nobody said 50 was studio...but truthfully i could give a fuck whether he is or not. i just want him to start making good music. the fact is what a rapper does in his/her personal life really should have no value to the fans. yet it does and i have no clue why.

Trizz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2004, 10:59:14 PM »
you ever think maybe the reason he isnt making music to your standards is because people value what he is and who he is more then what kinda music and lyrics he makes
hes a man who came from nothin searching for somthing
so he sees that his hard life sells so he flosses his hard life instead of painting a picture of it when people stop listening to the bragger thats when the artist will stop bragging but for commercial rap you cant deny the fact that 50 and g unit has the most flavor and appeal and there music is fun fuck always wanting to hear shit to make you think somtimes you wanna bump somthing angry and ruff or somthing fun somthing you can cruise the ride too or smoke a Blunt too  plus his shit isnt a carbon copy of every other nigga out and because of him the game has changed i loved 2003 compared to 2002 and 2001
only year that comes close to 2003 besides 92-96 is 1999 to early 2000

One Eyed Willy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • DIPSET
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2004, 07:21:29 AM »
G-Unit is wack

only one i feel a little (no homo) as a group member is yayo

50 is too played out

Banks is straight boring, i feel his 'victory' freestyle though

that other dude is garbage