Author Topic: 9/11 dedication  (Read 806 times)

Pillow

9/11 dedication
« on: July 17, 2002, 09:35:17 PM »
yo i posted this poem a while back in the keystyle forum under "poetry" but nothing ever got posted back on it so i thought i would make a thread. i wrote this poem 3 weeks after the 9-11 attacks. it is the best piece of work i have ever done, i may even get it published. feedback would be appriciated.......

TWO THOUSAND ONE, NINE ELEVEN

Two thousand one, nine eleven
Five thousand plus arrive in heaven
As they pass through the gate,
Thousands more appear in wait

A bearded man with stovepipe hat
Steps forward saying, "Lets sit, lets chat"
They settle down in seats of clouds
A man named Martin shouts out proud
"I have a dream!" and once he did
The Newcomer said, "Your dream still lives."

Groups of soldiers in blue and gray
Others in khaki, and green then say
"We're from Bull Run, Yorktown, the Maine"
The Newcomer said, "You died not in vain."

From a man on sticks one could hear
"The only thing we have to fear.
The Newcomer said, "We know the rest,
Trust us sir, we've passed that test."

"Courage doesn't hide in caves
You can't bury freedom, in a grave,"
The Newcomers had heard this voice before
A distinct Yankees twang from Hyannisport shores.

A silence fell within the mist
Somehow the Newcomer knew that this
Meant time had come for her to say
What was in the hearts of the five thousand plus that day.

"Back on Earth, we wrote reports,
Watched our children play in sports
Worked our gardens, sang our songs
Went to church and clipped coupons
We smiled, we laughed, we cried, we fought
Unlike you, great we're not"

The tall man in the stovepipe hat
Stood and said, "Don't talk like that!
Look at your country, look and see
You died for freedom, just like me."

Then, before them all appeared a scene
Of rubbled streets and twisted beams
Death, destruction, smoke and dust
And people working just 'cause they must
Hauling ash, lifting stones,
Knee deep in hell, but not alone

"Look! Blackman, Whiteman, Brownman, Yellowman
Side by side helping their fellow man!"
So said Martin, as he watched the scene
"Even from nightmares, can be born a dream."
Down below three firemen raised
The colors high into ashen haze
The soldiers above had seen it before
On Iwo Jima back in '44

The man on sticks studied everything closely
Then shared his perceptions on what he saw mostly
"I see pain, I see tears,
I see sorrow - but I don't see fear."

"You left behind husbands and wives
Daughters and sons and so many lives
Are suffering now because of this wrong
But look very closely. You're not really gone.
All of those people, even those who've never met you
All of their lives, they'll never forget you
Don't you see what has happened?
Don't you see what you've done?
You've brought them together, together as one."

With that the man in the stovepipe hat said
"Take my hand," and from there he led
Five thousand plus heroes, Newcomers to heaven
On this day, two thousand one, nine eleven

peace.....

..::TinMaN::..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Doggystylin

Re: 9/11 dedication
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2002, 09:54:35 PM »
so many other bigger tragedies in the world i never see anyone write about them.....

how bout the palestine vs israel battle with over like 5,000 dead

what about afganistan and all the casualties there, how would u like it if some country bombed your wedding?

what about all the poor people in africa starving, and all the innocent kids with HIV?

what about all the other people suffering all over the world because of the US?

it seems like the US is all that matters to you people, it doesnt matter where were from, were all human

Pillow

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2002, 10:00:16 PM »
i ll keep my mouth shut on ur comment dog...

Doggystylin

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2002, 10:04:16 PM »
i ll keep my mouth shut on ur comment dog...

why because im speaking the truth and it shut you up?

Pillow

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2002, 10:15:21 PM »
na dogg, u speak the truth in some ways i ll give u that, but they way u said it wasnt tha best put. it sounded kinda fucked up. i lost some friends in that attack and its a big ass deal dogg. we have never been attacked on american soil b4 and it may happen again. and america tries to help every1 man with there problems but we cant take care of every country. i mean look, we dropped food on afghanistan and the mother fuckain taliban took that shit away, that was fucked up. we know whats goin on out there, but it aint happing to us so we dont write shit about it, and the ppl its actually happeing to and being affected by it more then likey dont have a comp to post about tha shit....... u sound a little in considerite to what happend to america on 9/11

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2002, 10:21:20 PM »
that was fucked up doggy.  he's talkin about shit he kno's about an gets deep an u gotta get all infinite on us.  So there is other shit goin on in tha world,  what an american is not supposed to care about what will affect him for tha rest of his life.  thats fucked up

Doggystylin

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2002, 10:21:35 PM »
na dogg, u speak the truth in some ways i ll give u that, but they way u said it wasnt tha best put. it sounded kinda fucked up. i lost some friends in that attack and its a big ass deal dogg. we have never been attacked on american soil b4 and it may happen again. and america tries to help every1 man with there problems but we cant take care of every country. i mean look, we dropped food on afghanistan and the mother fuckain taliban took that shit away, that was fucked up. we know whats goin on out there, but it aint happing to us so we dont write shit about it, and the ppl its actually happeing to and being affected by it more then likey dont have a comp to post about tha shit....... u sound a little in considerite to what happend to america on 9/11

all i gotta say is dont let the media blind you, keep your eyes and mind open and search for knowledge , dont let others put shit in your mind. yes the 9/11 attacks was some shit, but shit happens, and it didnt happen for nothin, the US HAD to have done somethin to piss them off, so its all the US's fault, its like this, the US is like this.....

one kid hits another kid.....the other kid gets mad and punches the other kid and the teacher sees so the 2nd guy is known as the bad guy.

so the US is doin some dirt, gets hit and acts like it never did anything.

Doggystylin

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2002, 10:25:18 PM »
that was fucked up doggy.  he's talkin about shit he kno's about an gets deep an u gotta get all infinite on us.  So there is other shit goin on in tha world,  what an american is not supposed to care about what will affect him for tha rest of his life.  thats fucked up

no it wasnt fucked up, its called bein open minded and not a blind patriot. so your sayin, americans shouldnt give a fuck about the rest of the world? your sayin it wont affect a americans life? this is exactly how 911 happened, if you cared about the world, and wanted to change things the gov is doin you actually could, but amerians are too caught up with themselves to care about what the fuck is happenin in the world, now dont come in here sayin i got all infinite on him, im myself.

Pillow

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2002, 10:27:29 PM »
na, fuck that, america didnt deserve that shit at all, all the ppl that died and there famlies lives that are now ruined forever because of the possiblity that front office fucked up? fuck that shit, no one deserves shit like that dude. those ppl didnt have anything to do with what was going on in tha white house and other government places....if tha white house was fucking up then they should have tried to assainate the president or some shit, not kill all those ppl and fuck thier famlies lives up....fuck that shit man....

Doggystylin

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2002, 10:28:26 PM »
na, fuck that, america didnt deserve that shit at all, all the ppl that died and there famlies lives that are now ruined forever because of the possiblity that front office fucked up? fuck that shit, no one deserves shit like that dude. those ppl didnt have anything to do with what was going on in tha white house and other government places....if tha white house was fucking up then they should have tried to assainate the president or some shit, not kill all those ppl and fuck thier famlies lives up....fuck that shit man....

again words of ignorance, go fuckin read up

Pillow

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2002, 10:30:39 PM »
u dont know shit about america dude, americans are the most compasionite ppl on earth, the country u live in gives us a bad name....fuck that shit, its not ur fault ur not educated on feelings and americas personallities.......ur one fucked up SOB man

Pillow

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2002, 10:32:10 PM »
ur prolly a fucking terrorist ur self u evil fuck, fuck u

Doggystylin

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2002, 10:35:06 PM »
u dont know shit about america dude, americans are the most compasionite ppl on earth, the country u live in gives us a bad name....fuck that shit, its not ur fault ur not educated on feelings and americas personallities.......ur one fucked up SOB man

yea right.....i dont know shit about the country ive been living in my whole life? son please.....dont let this get into a beef, i was just spittin my opinion and you call me a fucked up SOB, im not educated on feelings? uhh? ok dood ::), and wtf are you sayin? the country i live in gives you a bad name? please make some fuckin sense

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2002, 10:35:56 PM »

no it wasnt fucked up, its called bein open minded and not a blind patriot. so your sayin, americans shouldnt give a fuck about the rest of the world? your sayin it wont affect a americans life? this is exactly how 911 happened, if you cared about the world, and wanted to change things the gov is doin you actually could, but amerians are too caught up with themselves to care about what the fuck is happenin in the world, now dont come in here sayin i got all infinite on him, im myself.

when did i say we shouldnt care about other.  im askin u whats wrong wit him caring about his country.  Its what he knows about,  he did not put in it fuck afganastan,  fuck muslims.  No he made a song for tha 2000+ lost on that day.  it sounds like what your basically sayin we shouldnt give a fuck about tha people that died on that cuz there r other tradegys worse than that.  In my eyes that puts u on tha same level of tha american govt that try's 2 hide tha bull shit they have done.  Now its not on that level but when all is said an done its like tha same thing.  Does that make things right 4 sayin fuck tha 2000+ lost on that day b/c of tha shit that is kept hidden.  Im not accusing u of sayin that u said fuck tha people that died but thats what it sought of sounded like.  There r better ways to make people aware of tha hypocricies of tha american gov't than diss a person 4 writing some deep shit for those lost.  Its like if i wrote some shit for my dad bein a wheel chair an some1 bitchin at me for not writing about those that are quadrapaligics (sp). im would be writing about what i kno,  an thats what tinman did.  U shouldnt snap on him 4 that

Doggystylin

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2002, 10:36:29 PM »
ur prolly a fucking terrorist ur self u evil fuck, fuck u

post shit like that and ill lock your fuckin shit, that shits not even on topic, way off, i can go on about ur ass but im not.
get ya mind right