Author Topic: Bush visits MLK's grave... LOL  (Read 272 times)

HIPPI

Bush visits MLK's grave... LOL
« on: January 15, 2004, 10:32:42 PM »
ATLANTA - Looking for election-year support from black voters in the South, President Bush (news - web sites) was greeted at Martin Luther King's grave here Thursday by noisy demonstrators who chanted "Go home, Bush!" after receiving a warmer reception at a run-down church in New Orleans.

As Bush placed a wreath on King's crypt, a low chorus of boos could be heard from across the street where 700 to 800 protesters beat drums and waved signs bearing slogans such as "War is not the answer" and "It's not a photo-op, George."

Bush's four-stop swing through Georgia and Louisiana allowed him to court two important constituencies — religious conservatives, who make up his base of support, and black voters, only 9 percent of whom supported him in 2000. Events in both states were paired with fund-raisers, which raised $2.3 million for his campaign account, already brimming with more than $130 million.

In this year's presidential race, Bush probably will garner only slighly more of the black vote, predicts David Bositis, a political analyst in Washington who focuses on black issues.

"Nine percent is the lowest for a Republican candidate since Barry Goldwater, he said. "When you get a zero on a test and you take it a second time, the odds are that you're going to do a little better."

The president, standing silently, his head slightly bowed, appeared unfazed by the protesters at King's tomb, where he laid a wreath of red, white and blue flowers to mark what would have been the civil rights leader's 75th birthday.

King Center officials said they extended no formal invitation to Bush but accepted his offer to come.

The president's critics dismissed his visit to the grave as a symbolic gesture that only underscored shortcomings in the administration's relationship with blacks.

Back in Washington, Rep. Elijah E. Cummings, chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus (news - web sites), said not one policy decision made by the Bush administration — from the war in Iraq (news - web sites) to the economy, from education to the environment — has mirrored King's dream. "The president needs to be more embracing of elected African American officials and the entire African American community every day of the year, not just on January 15th," he said.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:Bush visits MLK's grave... LOL
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 12:04:06 AM »
Bush hasn't shown love to the black community for shit...Everyone knows damn well he's doing this because election is coming...His head was probably filled with racism growing up in Texas...LOL

HIPPI

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 12:10:42 AM »
Bush hasn't shown love to the black community for shit...Everyone knows damn well he's doing this because election is coming...His head was probably filled with racism growing up in Texas...LOL

Of course man. Bush is a white southerner, hence a racist.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 12:11:29 AM by Osama Iz a G »

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 08:17:24 AM »
I applaud him going there DESPITE all the hate.  It shows what his true motive was, because he's obviously not getting any votes out of this, he might actually lose some.  Good for him to stick up for what he feels is right.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 08:36:46 AM »
As the news reporters said, Bush is so far ahead in the white vote, it doesn't matter what anyone votes, Bush has this election clinched.

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 08:41:31 AM »
Well, I wouldn't say it's clenched.  We still have several months of Bush out-politicing whoever wins the Primary, and then we'll have to have debates where Bush can show Dean why he's wrong and bring up all of Dean's inconsistancies, then Months of travelling the United States drumming up support, there's plenty of things that could go wrong with all that.  

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2004, 10:10:45 AM »
As the news reporters said, Bush is so far ahead in the white vote, it doesn't matter what anyone votes, Bush has this election clinched.

White people are pretty much evenly split between Democrat and Republican. What are you talking about?

As for Bush, black people would have bitched if he hadn't shown up to Honor Martin Luther King, and they would have bitched if he had. Basically black people just like to protest.

AhmadZ

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2004, 10:28:34 AM »
^^^LOL.

Observe any anti-war protest, and see how many Black people you see.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2004, 02:06:26 PM »
i don't know how bush could be a racist when he's put 2 black people on his staff and a mexican in charge of things in iraq. i seriously doubt a racist would give THAT much power to 2 blacks and a mexican

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2004, 05:01:49 PM »
^ He could give the presidency to a black man, and these fucking conspiricists would just say "Hmmm... clever move".

pappy

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2004, 12:49:27 PM »
i dont like bush but i seriously doubt hes a racist like some want you to believe

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2004, 06:15:12 PM »
i dont like bush but i seriously doubt hes a racist like some want you to believe

word to that. I hate the man but he's not a racist, just an evil man.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris