Author Topic: Mystikal Sentenced To Six Years  (Read 299 times)

mauzip

Mystikal Sentenced To Six Years
« on: January 15, 2004, 11:57:54 PM »
By Nolan Strong and Jigsaw
Date: 1/15/2004 8:30 PM

Michael "Mystikal" Taylor was sentenced to six years in prison for sexual battery.

The 33-year-old Grammy nominated rapper accepted the six years in a plea agreement and will immediately begin serving time.

The victim, Tyler's former hairstylist, accused the rapper and two bodyguards of forcing her to perform oral sex, after they accused her of stealing $80,000.

Baton Rouge Judge Tony Marabella ruled that a videotape the men made proved the sexual acts were not consensual.

Marabella concluded the victim had been "terrorized."

"If it weren't for the victim, his sentence would have been the maximum 10 years," Marabella said. "The court is convinced that the defendant believes he is above the law and can take the law into his own hands."

In January of 2003 Tyler assumed that he would settle the case and declared his innocence.

"I was ready to go all the way, full fledge 'cause it's the principle," Tyler told AllHipHop.com. "The person that was involved in it was real dear to me, I still don't believe it. I refuse to believe they could do something like this to me after all I had done for them. That's like taking in a foster child and he kills you or robs you. That's serious, that's someone I considered to be a true sister."

The other two men, Leland "Pokie" Ellis, 37, received three years, while Vercy Carter, received four years.

"You got to be a little more careful with your love and your trust, you cant just throw it out there like that even though my trust was earned with this person," Tyler continued. "This was five years in, man. I couldn't have saw that coming in a million years, I would have bet my life on it."

Tyler has already paid the woman $350,000. The money and the plea were his attempt to prove he is "continuing to try to make up to all involved for the distress."

The three men pleaded guilty in June, but withdrew the plea, claiming the judge was biased after viewing the tape.

The motion was withdrawn Thursday, which led to their sentencing.

Source: AllHipHop.com

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
Re:Mystikal Sentenced To Six Years
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 12:18:08 AM »
Damn wouldnt have seen that one coming!

smerlus

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 01:43:41 AM »
By Nolan Strong and Jigsaw
Date: 1/15/2004 8:30 PM

Michael "Mystikal" Taylor was sentenced to six years in prison for sexual battery.

The 33-year-old Grammy nominated rapper accepted the six years in a plea agreement and will immediately begin serving time.

The victim, Tyler's former hairstylist, accused the rapper and two bodyguards of forcing her to perform oral sex, after they accused her of stealing $80,000.

Baton Rouge Judge Tony Marabella ruled that a videotape the men made proved the sexual acts were not consensual.

Marabella concluded the victim had been "terrorized."

"If it weren't for the victim, his sentence would have been the maximum 10 years," Marabella said. "The court is convinced that the defendant believes he is above the law and can take the law into his own hands."

In January of 2003 Tyler assumed that he would settle the case and declared his innocence.

"I was ready to go all the way, full fledge 'cause it's the principle," Tyler told AllHipHop.com. "The person that was involved in it was real dear to me, I still don't believe it. I refuse to believe they could do something like this to me after all I had done for them. That's like taking in a foster child and he kills you or robs you. That's serious, that's someone I considered to be a true sister."

The other two men, Leland "Pokie" Ellis, 37, received three years, while Vercy Carter, received four years.

"You got to be a little more careful with your love and your trust, you cant just throw it out there like that even though my trust was earned with this person," Tyler continued. "This was five years in, man. I couldn't have saw that coming in a million years, I would have bet my life on it."

Tyler has already paid the woman $350,000. The money and the plea were his attempt to prove he is "continuing to try to make up to all involved for the distress."

The three men pleaded guilty in June, but withdrew the plea, claiming the judge was biased after viewing the tape.

The motion was withdrawn Thursday, which led to their sentencing.

Source: AllHipHop.com

what's up with your face in those pics? look like you ate some bad ass or something

budsmokeronly

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 01:48:38 AM »
Mystikal was nominated for a grammy???  what is this world comming to?

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 04:04:46 AM »
Mystikal is in DANGERR!!! DANGER!!! (it'll be soooooo looooong...)
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

eNgIeS

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 04:13:13 AM »
Obviously he admitted to it. Someone who makes a girl suck his dick & his friends dick is a dangerous person & they deserve there punishment whether u like there raps or not

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2004, 05:08:39 AM »
Damn wouldnt have seen that one coming!

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2004, 07:21:59 AM »

PLANT

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2004, 07:41:58 AM »
Whoo Shiit Muthafucka God Damn!!!

Sad news tho  :-\
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 07:42:34 AM by Represent. »

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2004, 08:25:01 AM »
I hope he gets fucked up in prison, that's some bad shit there.  What kind of man has to force women to have sex with him? Not much of one, and he'll probably get his fruity ass raped in prison.  

Don Breezio

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2004, 08:27:59 AM »
"I keep it gangsta without tattoos and a platinum mouth"

well i bet those would've helped you not look so god damn pussy when you're in jail...wonder if they will let him bring some ky-jelly into prison with him so it doesnt hurt so much  ;D

SGV

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2004, 08:33:32 AM »
Contrary to what you think, Mystikal probably won't get raped or beat down. He'll be put in an area probably with inmates who were once cops, considering his status and because of his crime. Anyway though, from what I hear, Mystikal can scrap.

Uneek Nicca

• Lil Geezy
  • Peeps hate dying,BUT die hating!!!
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2004, 08:52:51 AM »
Damn

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2004, 08:57:32 AM »
that's no good news.. Mystikal can be dope and I'm not convinced he raped that woman, she's over 40 as far as I remember and he's rich, why would he do something that dumb.. and pleading guilty might aswell have been his only chance not get get 10 years, it doesn't necessarily mean he did it

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2004, 08:58:46 AM »
Like I said, he must not be much of a man if he has to force women to have sex with him.  Maybe he can fight, but there's always somebody bigger.