Author Topic: thinkin about becomin an athiest  (Read 919 times)

Doggystylin

thinkin about becomin an athiest
« on: July 09, 2002, 01:24:14 PM »
i mean, they say, talk to god, but umm its like im talkin to the wall, they say pray and you'll get what you pray for? hmm howcome ive never got all the hard shit, but i pray to pass a test and i can do it, maybe some things i dont even have to pray for and it will happen, like they say oh god was with him or god did that? wtf, what if the human did it and your takin it away from him and givin credit to god. i dunno, maybe its just my mood right now.  

this is kinda off but fightin with my family got me in this mood so fuck family, your better off with a stranger or a dog or some shit, family aint nothin but trouble........
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Sikotic™

Re: thinkin about becomin an athiest
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2002, 03:51:34 PM »
Nah dawg you gotta have faith. If you don't then there's no point pretending to have it either.

I know what you mean when your talkin about family. They are trouble and ya end up fighting with em all the time. But without them, no one else will give a shit about you in the world. Except friends but they still don't love you the same as family.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2002, 04:29:25 PM »
yo man i know how you feel but like Sikotic said keep faith.  The reason you pass your tests when you pray to God might be cuz you have that extra hope and faith, so you work harder.  And about how God gets the credit and not people, one of the main teachings of religion[mine anyway] is to strip your self of pride and ego etc, so it doesnt matter if God gets the credit or anythin.  Im like the black sheep of my family, which is highly dysfunctional, I mean they fight ALL the time, and i mean all the time, I wake up to screams, sleep during argueing, i dont wanan get into detail.  Thing is, according to religion, God always, ALWAYS has a reason behind each and every one of his actions, sumtimes its hard to udnerstand it.  Take my parents for example, they can be potrayed as evil stupid ppl who just hate for fun, and i can accept that,  sit down moan about my life n let them ruin it...but I try to look at the bright side, understand that they have their problems, try to find out what they represent.  If life wasnt how it is for me now, I wouldnt be as mature as I am, and I wouldnt have learnt about A WHOLE LOT of things, from phycology, to social matters, to being concious and greatful for what i have and how to treat my family when I have one etc....you know..
Its like....children, lil kids, they dont know how they r born, all they know is their mom and dad r their parents who love em...but when they grow older, they understand how life is made, they understand how they were in their mothers wombs etc....So in this case, GOD is both our mother and father, and we are still infants, who cant understand how we were born.  And like, lil children who are told and forced to take baths, not each too much chocolate, to study, etc etc, and they dont like it, they think their parents r evil n shit for makin them do it....But whe nthey grow older, and mature, they realize what their parents did was for their own good.  I dunno, i dont understand it fully either, theres a whole lotta shit goin on which i consider unfair, but thats what my reliigon teaches....
Its all up to you tho, you know, choose your own path and make your own destinty - one

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2002, 07:00:50 PM »
this is how i look at it.  If u dont believe god,  he understands.  Every1 is different.  an if u dont believe he will still help u guide u.  as long as ur live ur life right ur go 2 heaven.  U dont gotta show ur faith.  some people turn to religion for guidence an help,  some look to other things.  every1 is different an god understands that.  an if there aint no god,  than i guess u had an advantage cuz u didnt put all that time into religion.  But if god is real,  he understands

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2002, 11:41:06 PM »
there is no HE in an athiests (the real) world.......

infinite59

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2002, 12:28:39 PM »
I'm disgusted.  Your problem is that you took on your parents religion, without understanding it first.  Let me wash away your polluted vision of Islam with the water which is wisdom:

God, the Creator, Allah, the Most High, does not work on your clock, he does not punch in and punch out at your command, he works at his speed, and he is all-knowing, and all-wise.

Anything that you have, that you have accomplished, can within a moment, all be taken away from you.  Look at all the generations that have came before you, rich, brilliant, and powerful.  And they have all been swept away from this earth.  We all come back to our creator and face our creator upon death, all is his.  Be certain of that.  The spiritual is eternal.

Anything you accomplish is within the framework of God's creation.

An analogy is this:  If I plant a seed, and a flower grows to be the most beautiful flower on Earth, it would not have been possible if I did not plant that seed, for I am the creator.... Will you not then be thankful?

We must stay humble, that is the straight path.  So give all praises to Allah the most high, for you are not greater than Him.  This world is an illusion.

Doggystylin

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2002, 12:35:26 PM »
word, thanx yall, i mean i really felt like shit yesterday when i wrote that, i had no one to talk to so i let out all my anger on here like that, shows how strong my faith is, i gotta start to read the Q'uran more,i no longer am thinkin about athiesm, thanx for the support sikotic,blade,tom,infinite, and thanx for your view seer

yall really helped out

infinite59

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2002, 12:37:23 PM »
word, thanx yall, i mean i really felt like shit yesterday when i wrote that, i had no one to talk to so i let out all my anger on here like that, shows how strong my faith is, i gotta start to read the Q'uran more,i no longer am thinkin about athiesm, thanx for the support sikotic,blade,tom,infinite, and thanx for your view seer

yall really helped out

You can call me dogg, in a situation like that.  Maybe you were afraid I'd get mad at you because of your thoughts on Allah.

Doggystylin

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2002, 12:41:14 PM »

You can call me dogg, in a situation like that.  Maybe you were afraid I'd get mad at you because of your thoughts on Allah.

oh yeah, i always forget i have your number, lol

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2002, 01:34:41 PM »
I'm disgusted.  Your problem is that you took on your parents religion, without understanding it first.  Let me wash away your polluted vision of Islam with the water which is wisdom:

God, the Creator, Allah, the Most High, does not work on your clock, he does not punch in and punch out at your command, he works at his speed, and he is all-knowing, and all-wise.

Anything that you have, that you have accomplished, can within a moment, all be taken away from you.  Look at all the generations that have came before you, rich, brilliant, and powerful.  And they have all been swept away from this earth.  We all come back to our creator and face our creator upon death, all is his.  Be certain of that.  The spiritual is eternal.

Anything you accomplish is within the framework of God's creation.

An analogy is this:  If I plant a seed, and a flower grows to be the most beautiful flower on Earth, it would not have been possible if I did not plant that seed, for I am the creator.... Will you not then be thankful?

We must stay humble, that is the straight path.  So give all praises to Allah the most high, for you are not greater than Him.  This world is an illusion.

IM JUS curious,  say doggy became an athiest would you look as any less of a man

infinite59

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2002, 07:57:56 PM »

IM JUS curious,  say doggy became an athiest would you look as any less of a man

yes

Would you like Kane as much if he said fuck hip-hop and started listening to country?  Probably not.  And this is on a much larger scale.  Most of my friends are non-muslims, I look up to and am very close to many non-muslims, but to see Doggy grow up in Islam, and become an atheist would disgust me.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2002, 08:37:55 PM »

yes

Would you like Kane as much if he said fuck hip-hop and started listening to country?  Probably not.  And this is on a much larger scale.  Most of my friends are non-muslims, I look up to and am very close to many non-muslims, but to see Doggy grow up in Islam, and become an atheist would disgust me.

thats fucked.  im sorry,  if he found suptin that made him happy an he felt gave him direction in life you should feel happy for him an encourage him.  Not degrade tha man.  I can understand if u were disapointined but to look down on him as less a man,  i dont agree with.  If he finds happiness within whatever he finds more power 2 him.  an 2 answer your question bout kane,  no i wouldnt like him any less.  Maybe its one less thing we would talk about an i would joke around bout his new music but he is one of my good friends an that aint goin make me like him any less.  Our friendship runs deeper than rap.

infinite59

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2002, 08:47:46 PM »

thats fucked.  im sorry,  if he found suptin that made him happy an he felt gave him direction in life you should feel happy for him an encourage him.  Not degrade tha man.  I can understand if u were disapointined but to look down on him as less a man,  i dont agree with.  If he finds happiness within whatever he finds more power 2 him.  an 2 answer your question bout kane,  no i wouldnt like him any less.  Maybe its one less thing we would talk about an i would joke around bout his new music but he is one of my good friends an that aint goin make me like him any less.  Our friendship runs deeper than rap.

yeah your right, the rap and country analogy was a bad example.

But I'm sorry if it bothers you, but I would be completely and totally disgusted if my homeboy Doggy repudiated Islam and became an atheist.  And I would think less of him.  I'm sorry if that upsets you, but that's how I feel.

infinite59

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2002, 08:51:55 PM »
Moreover, my best friend became a Muslim for a few months, and then left Islam and now he's an atheist again.  And we are still best friends and get along great.  But that's different man.  I was dissapointed in him, but I was just happy that he even went to the mosque with me a few times and was a Muslim at all, even if it was for a short time.  Dogg on the other hand, grew up with that ish, it would be even worse if dogg did it.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2002, 09:27:20 PM »
Moreover, my best friend became a Muslim for a few months, and then left Islam and now he's an atheist again.  And we are still best friends and get along great.  But that's different man.  I was dissapointed in him, but I was just happy that he even went to the mosque with me a few times and was a Muslim at all, even if it was for a short time.  Dogg on the other hand, grew up with that ish, it would be even worse if dogg did it.

i dont think ur tha type of person that would look down on him,  i think at first u would but it would be more out of disapointment but if u saw it made him happy in life his new ways than u would be cool wit it