Author Topic: Yo, Tech, answer this question a Christian askedme  (Read 632 times)

infinite59

Yo, Tech, answer this question a Christian askedme
« on: July 10, 2002, 12:35:09 PM »
Anyone else is welcome to drop in their two cents.

Yo Tech, my roomate (a Christian) and I like to have debates, Islam vs. Christianity, Palestine vs. Isreal.

He was telling me that it says in the Old Testament that the Jews were Gods chosen people and that He gave Jerusalam to the Jews.  And then thousands of years later, Muslims came and conquered some territories in Jerusalam, stole their land, and now that is the center of the Palestinian/Isreal conflict.  And since the Jews had it first, he takes Isreals side always.

How would you argue that point?

HBKid_Jr

Re: Yo, Tech, answer this question a Christian ask
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2002, 01:33:04 PM »
Anyone else is welcome to drop in their two cents.

Yo Tech, my roomate (a Christian) and I like to have debates, Islam vs. Christianity, Palestine vs. Isreal.

He was telling me that it says in the Old Testament that the Jews were Gods chosen people and that He gave Jerusalam to the Jews.  And then thousands of years later, Muslims came and conquered some territories in Jerusalam, stole their land, and now that is the center of the Palestinian/Isreal conflict.  And since the Jews had it first, he takes Isreals side always.

How would you argue that point?

some will say tha land was rightfully theres 1st an some will say that they took over tha land thousands of years ago so that argument is irrevelant
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Jamal420

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2002, 07:52:02 PM »
if palestinians give back all the land they settled in thousands of years ago, does that mean that the american government has to give back everything to the Native Americans?....

Doggystylin

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2002, 08:22:13 PM »
if palestinians give back all the land they settled in thousands of years ago, does that mean that the american government has to give back everything to the Native Americans?....

good point, its the same deal, hopefully palestinians wont get wiped out like that

infinite59

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2002, 08:28:35 PM »

good point, its the same deal, hopefully palestinians wont get wiped out like that

That wasn't what he was saying though dogg.... Jamal was comparing the Native Americans to the Jews and the Palestinians to the Americans.

And yo..... Tom actually said the right argument I think, but I'm still waitin on Tizzech

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2002, 09:05:07 PM »
I dont take any side in the conflict anymore. It's too big of a mess with too much petty bullshit involved.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2002, 06:58:18 AM »
ive been avoiding the whole Mid East conflict because its so conflicting and frustrating but Ill attempt to answer ya question

umm...see the thing is, first of all the whole moral justification is way off, cuz you cant say this land belongs to so and so, cuz thats what my bible says

Muslims can say the same thing, "This is the Dome of the Rock, where the Prophet left for Heaven from".  We CAN use the same argument

Another thing is, Technically Arabs are the children of Abraham too. They are Semites as well just like the Jews.

And, when the Muslims controlled Jerusalem, Jews, Christains and Muslims lived in peace for centuries, but when the Jews took over, theres been bloodshed

Basically, I would tell em, that the whole argument is void, there cant be a justification based on a religious prophecy.
There is no precedent for that, and you simply cant take land from some one cuz your religion tells u, thats ethnocentricity, forcing your beliefs on everybody
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2002, 09:53:31 PM »

That wasn't what he was saying though dogg.... Jamal was comparing the Native Americans to the Jews and the Palestinians to the Americans.

And yo..... Tom actually said the right argument I think, but I'm still waitin on Tizzech

wow i actually said tha right thing

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2002, 09:31:18 AM »
Im impressed Tom!!  :D
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2002, 04:56:17 PM »
They should learn to share lizzol, its like they r running in circles over this shit

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Sccit

Re: Yo, Tech, answer this question a Christian askedme
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2021, 01:25:08 AM »
 :eh:

Proc pka KP

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2021, 03:27:59 AM »
Infinite been on here 20 years. What a loser.

abusive

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2021, 05:20:36 AM »
God did choose Jews to be his people but they rebelled and he cut them lose. Israel was to be their land. After he sent various prophets, kings and they continually rejected them and kilt them he came to earth in the flesh, Jesus Christ, King Of The Jews. He was rejected as well. The temple was destroyed and Jews were dispersed around the globe. That's the short answer. On a deeper level what God originally intended for Jews was applied to believers of Christ both Jews and Gentiles. There was the old covenant of the law and the new one of faith. The old and new testament. Jesus fulfilled the law and it ushered in the new covenant. There will be a new heaven and new earth with new jerusalem coming down from heaven onto earth. This is the inheritance of abraham that people are fighting for that isn't meant for now.

The land of Israel in terms of war belongs to whoever conquers it. It just is what it is. What's not understood is that  it is special to God and he's not going to let it be destroyed. That has been misunderstood that God is in the side of Jewish people, the government of Israel, judaism etc. No, it's the physical land itself that will cause him to protect it...
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2021, 08:15:23 AM »
God did choose Jews to be his people but they rebelled and he cut them lose. Israel was to be their land. After he sent various prophets, kings and they continually rejected them and kilt them he came to earth in the flesh, Jesus Christ, King Of The Jews. He was rejected as well. The temple was destroyed and Jews were dispersed around the globe. That's the short answer. On a deeper level what God originally intended for Jews was applied to believers of Christ both Jews and Gentiles. There was the old covenant of the law and the new one of faith. The old and new testament. Jesus fulfilled the law and it ushered in the new covenant. There will be a new heaven and new earth with new jerusalem coming down from heaven onto earth. This is the inheritance of abraham that people are fighting for that isn't meant for now.

The land of Israel in terms of war belongs to whoever conquers it. It just is what it is. What's not understood is that  it is special to God and he's not going to let it be destroyed. That has been misunderstood that God is in the side of Jewish people, the government of Israel, judaism etc. No, it's the physical land itself that will cause him to protect it...

LOL NOT EXACTLY FAM

IM NOT HERE TO BASH YOUR RELIGION, BUT THE NEW TESTAMENT CONTRADICTS A LOT OF THE OLD TESTAMENT, WHICH CHRISIANS VALUE AS DIVINE

IT MAKES ZERO SENSE

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2021, 12:44:18 AM »
Damn..times have changed.. this really takes me back.  This was in the days after Sept. 11th era of politics.

I don't remember making this thread and I don't remember debating my roommate about this either.  All I remember was that he was way deeper into the scripture than I was and whatever shit he was speaking was over my head at the time.  I never really went to church growing up; and I was only a new Muslim just hearing about the Holy Land of Jerusalem for the first time.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)