Author Topic: Rodney King MK2... more riots possible?  (Read 440 times)

Don Seer

Rodney King MK2... more riots possible?
« on: July 08, 2002, 10:27:14 PM »
I just got told by someone here in work that another video of a guy being beat down by the LAPD has surfaced and could spark riot  like happened back in the early 90s.

whuts the deal?

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Sikotic™

Re: Rodney King MK2... more riots possible?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2002, 10:35:32 PM »
I saw that on CNN today. He was at a Thrifty gas station I've been to before. They picked the poor guy up and slammed his chest on the trunk. Then proceeded to beat him in the head while he was helpless (he didn't resist or talk back or nothing mind you).

As long as those power abusing pigs gets what they deserve, jail time and a boot from the LAPD, then there will be no riots.

But if the system pulls some ridiculous bullshit like they did in 94 then you damn right there will be another riot. L.A. hasn't forgotten and probably never will. I hope the justice system hasn't either.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2002, 10:37:06 PM »
when they riot why do tha blacks loot black businesses an destroy black neighborhoods.  

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2002, 10:41:52 PM »
^-- cos thats where they live...

if i was gonna riot i wouldnt travel to another town  ;)

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2002, 10:55:15 PM »
Alot of the Korean owned stores got fucked up too because the Natasha Arlens case was still in alot of black peoples minds. That was the trial where some koren lady shot this black girl in the head for arguing over the price of orange juice.

So alot of blacks were pissed at the koreans.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Woodrow

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2002, 11:08:51 PM »
You can see the video here...

Fuck the police

http://www.msnbc.com/news/777480.asp?0dm=C15QN

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2002, 11:29:51 PM »
I didn't even know he was only 16. That kind of BS gets me mad.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2002, 08:44:23 AM »
no1 answered my question,  why do they loot black owned stores an destroy black neighborhoods.  what does that accomplish.  what does that prove.  seriously an a lot of blacks still wonder why whites treat them like shit.

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2002, 09:01:35 AM »
i answered it!

min0rity

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2002, 09:21:01 AM »
Alot of the Korean owned stores got fucked up too because the Natasha Arlens case was still in alot of black peoples minds. That was the trial where some koren lady shot this black girl in the head for arguing over the price of orange juice.

So alot of blacks were pissed at the koreans.

WTF?? so one korean lady shoot a black person...every single black person should be mad at koreans???? WTF??? thats some pussy ass shit...thats like saying all afgani are terriorsts, i mean kill that korean bitch and her family, don't fucking harm innocent koreans who had nothing to do with it

Doggystylin

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2002, 09:28:31 AM »
no1 answered my question,  why do they loot black owned stores an destroy black neighborhoods.  what does that accomplish.  what does that prove.  seriously an a lot of blacks still wonder why whites treat them like shit.

why would whites treat them like shit when blacks arent even harming the whites and jsut rioting in their own hood?, what u want them to go into white neighborhoods and riot there? then the gov't would put blacks on leashes. what does it accomplish? its kinda like a suicide bombing, its to prove a point, i guess.

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2002, 09:43:31 AM »

WTF?? so one korean lady shoot a black person...every single black person should be mad at koreans???? WTF??? thats some pussy ass shit...thats like saying all arabs are terriorsts, i mean kill that korean bitch and her family, don't fucking harm innocent koreans who had nothing to do with it

I never said it was right. Same shit happened after September 11th where Arab places of worship were being threatened, etc.

It's not like it's nothing new. Plus that was 10 years ago. Tension between blacks and koreans have eased.

Seer was pretty much right. I mean think about it:

You just saw 4 white cops get let off by an all white jury for beating a black man, excusing all evidence, including the famous tape showing cops beatign the shit out of King with a billy club.

Now what are you gonna do? Non violent protests and marches that don't work anymore (the 60's and 90's are 2 different eras). HELL NO.

Those men and women were fed up and wanted the world to know it. They weren't thinking about if they were destroying their own neighborhoods, they wanted everyone to know the injustices that were commited. People dont go out and destroy shit for the fuck of it, it was an acto of desparation because they were fed up and tired of the shit happening.

I'm not saying it was right to riot and I disagree with what they did but put yourself in their shoes for a second. They were angry and fed up with the bullshit. Can you blame them?

And any white that treats a black like shit is absolute shit and vice versa. There's no arguing that.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2002, 09:54:02 AM »
i jus dont get,  destroying your own neighborhood an they wonder why tha goverment does give ghettos money for improvement.  Whenever suptin is put into tha ghetto they destroy.  Snoop said it in his book about how tha LBC got a nice motel an shit an than they turned into a place jus to help sell drugs.  Ive seen it in queens.  Far Rockaway,  most ghetto place ever,  projects,  empty lots an tha occasional supermarket.  They got a brand new movie theatre. They fuckin burned it down.  Destroyin your own shit to get your point across is idiotic an jus shows society your ugly side.  Its like me blowin up my car b/c of some injustice that was done 2 me.

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2002, 10:12:18 AM »
Well the LA riots worked because history has repeated itself and no one wants another riot. So I'm most positive that they wont aquit the officer that abused that 16 year old kid.

Was it worth destroying a city to get a point across? I can't answer that.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ToNe1904

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2002, 01:38:53 AM »
i jus dont get,  destroying your own neighborhood an they wonder why tha goverment does give ghettos money for improvement.  Whenever suptin is put into tha ghetto they destroy.  Snoop said it in his book about how tha LBC got a nice motel an shit an than they turned into a place jus to help sell drugs.  Ive seen it in queens.  Far Rockaway,  most ghetto place ever,  projects,  empty lots an tha occasional supermarket.  They got a brand new movie theatre. They fuckin burned it down.  Destroyin your own shit to get your point across is idiotic an jus shows society your ugly side.  Its like me blowin up my car b/c of some injustice that was done 2 me.

itz good u TRYIN to understand Tom. I do too sumtimes. But, ive found itz hard to judge...without bein in they shoez, so i try not to. u know?

As for that fukin cop in Inglewood yall talkin about. Well, tha main one facing charges anywayz. They said, that the police department...for right now, while the incident is "under investigation" has givin this cop a "paid suspension". Are u fukin jokin me?? WTF is a "paid suspension"?? Isnt that just a VACATION?? This basically jus meanz tha police are gonna search for every possible scenario to justify thiz shit...whether itz valid or not. Bullshit.