Author Topic: Anyone see the State of the union address?  (Read 193 times)

smerlus

Anyone see the State of the union address?
« on: January 21, 2004, 02:38:05 AM »
i watched a little part of it.....the thing that struck me a little bit fucked up is when bush said he is not going to go around and try to get permission slips to declare war from other countries when a country is seen as a threat to the US..... pretty much fuck good old diplomatic way.....every one in the room gave a standing ovation though

Trauma-san

Re:Anyone see the State of the union address?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 05:50:32 AM »
Yeah, I agree with him 100% there.  Apparently you didn't pay attention to the rest of the speech.  He first said, that the United States and it's allies had to enforce the U.N.'s rule.  He then said that when people talk suggest that we need to internationalize the efforts in Iraq, it's confusing to the English, Australia, Italy, Poland, Japan, goes on and on and on mentioned dozens of foriegn Countries.  Howard Dean said that we should have gotten the "U.N.'s permission" to attack Iraq, and Bush said the United States will never seek a permission slip to defend itself.  That is a true president, and if you don't see that, you're a child.

He also said that 9 months of talks with Libya accomplished what 12 years of diplomacy and talks with Iraq couldn't.  

Again, Bush shows himself as a true leader, not someone who merely says and does the whim of whichever the political wind is blowing.  

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 05:53:09 AM »
but iraq never attacked the US..

its like some beating some guy up and saying "well he's got arms he could have hit me"

(lol @ arms dual meaning..)

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2004, 05:59:21 AM »
I didn't say they attacked us.  I said we defended ourself.  If a guy said he was going to kick your ass, would you kick his? I would.  Saddam Hussein for fucking YEARS did things like praise the 9-11 attacks, bullshit like that, he deserved to have his ass destroyed.  Plus, anyway you look at it, the world is a better place without him.  Bottom line, as I see it, the United States will fight anybody we please, anytime we please, it's our right.  It's also everyone else's right, but of course if we dont' agree with it, we may attack them too, lol.  Such is the world of g-g-g-giants.  Plus, your country obviously didn't have too big of a problem with it, becuase they rolled with us.  

smerlus

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 06:02:47 AM »
well i guess i'm a child then....

it's cool that someone as open minded and learned as you resorts to pertty name calling when a person doesn't share your view.... you are much more enlightened then the rest of us....one day i hope i can carry an arguement as well as you...

person 1: i think 2pac is the best rapper
me: you are a fool

hmmm it seems i have it down...

when he named those countries, he was talking about the ones that lent us aid then he went on to say he's not going to ask permission from other countries if we can attack people who attacked us

so in saying this....he alineated the rest of the countries that weren't with us and rubbed it in thier faces....and sounded like a moron because iraq didn't attack us

and i like how he still used the WMD for a reason for invading iraq when they only found plans

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2004, 06:12:19 AM »
^ You have a child's view of the situation.  I'm sorry, but you do.  You're just not a realist.

"Daddy, that mean man is saying bad things to me.  He has for 12 years.  We should go ask the rest of the neigborhood if they'll hold my hand when I ring his doorbell".

Come on man.  Grow up. Learn how to be a man.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2004, 06:13:08 AM »
He still used the WMD as a reason, because that was the reason.  He's not going to try and lie his way out of it, again, he is a man, and stands by what he has said... And again, the concept is lost on your child-like mind :)

smerlus

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2004, 06:14:54 AM »
bush jr: bad man saddam said he was happy osama attacked the US

bush sr: well can you find this osama guy?

bush jr: no

bush sr: ok then go after saddam, i never liked him anyways

i'm a quick learner

smerlus

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2004, 06:17:33 AM »
how is he acting like a man when he won't admit he's wrong?

ok i got the hang of this too....fuck you this year is 2005 and i'm going to say that until it's 2005 cause i'm a man.....i might be wrong but i stick with it

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2004, 08:56:22 AM »
I saw the last 5 minutes. I'm glad he supports giving money to religious based charities.

:oI said something positive about Son Of A Bush!

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2004, 11:05:20 AM »
Abstinence education wont do shit to prevent unwanted STD's. where does bush get this from?!

smerlus

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2004, 02:28:02 PM »
Abstinence education wont do shit to prevent unwanted STD's. where does bush get this from?!

well it worked in the 1930's

pappy

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2004, 09:31:34 PM »
it would work to an extent tho if sex wasnt so glorified in the media

smerlus

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2004, 09:44:17 PM »
it would work to an extent tho if sex wasnt so glorified in the media

true just sit on yahoo or aim all day and you'll get some stupid ass 14-17 year old girl flirting with you and i'm 23 talking about "ghetto booty, hot mami" and shit like that

infinite59

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2004, 01:23:48 PM »
Smerlus is on point about most of what he has said.

I read his whole speach in the paper the next day.  He gave a great speach.  Hitler also gave great speaches though.

And wait a second:  So president Bush violated the International (UN) Law to enforce a International law.  That makes alot of sense.