Author Topic: IRA and Hamas - Check it  (Read 332 times)

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
IRA and Hamas - Check it
« on: June 25, 2002, 09:36:47 AM »
I was thinking about this the other day

Quick breakdown

Ireland split into two parts by BRITAIN (lol - always fucking around) early last century.  Ireland originally totally Catholic.  Britain majority Protestant.  Britain places English Protestants into Northern Ireland to ensure support for Britain within Northern Ireland remains.

So basically Britain does a fucked up thing and separates a nation.  The IRA and their splinter groups want a united Ireland and they are a Terrorist group who have killed many civilians through bombings.  Both in England and Ireland.

So I was thinking this is essentially quite similar to Israel/Palestine.

I support what the IRA stands for, I don't support killing inncent peeps, but does this make me a supporter of terrorism?  NO.

But how come if peeps support what Hamas (mainly) stand for, the restoration of Palestine, but not killing innocent peeps, they are still called a supporter of terrorism.

Is it only me who sees this lol?  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Doggystylin

Re: IRA and Hamas - Check it
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2002, 10:21:28 AM »
Word, i see exactly what your sayin....

HGHDSGJKDSV

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2002, 01:46:03 PM »
No, I see it the same as you too.
I MIGHT NOT GO DOWN IN HISTORY, BUT I'LL GO DOWN ON YA MUM

Political Gangsta

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Nature of the Threat!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2002, 09:15:12 AM »
A terrorist is someone who has a bomb but no Navy.  Peace.

There will be those that close their eyes, and plug their ears with their forefingers, and later swear upon their Holy Bibles to have seen no evil and heard no evil.  

Eldridge Cleaver

In America, the Jews (in power) sap the very life-blood of the so-called Negroes to maintain the state of Isrea

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2002, 07:53:28 PM »
Word, i see exactly what your sayin....

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Joachim

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2002, 12:04:47 PM »

Quick breakdown

Ireland split into two parts by BRITAIN (lol - always fucking around) early last century.  Ireland originally totally Catholic.  Britain majority Protestant.  Britain places English Protestants into Northern Ireland to ensure support for Britain within Northern Ireland remains.

So basically Britain does a fucked up thing and separates a nation.  The IRA and their splinter groups want a united Ireland and they are a Terrorist group who have killed many civilians through bombings.  Both in England and Ireland.

I support what the IRA stands for, I don't support killing inncent peeps, but does this make me a supporter of terrorism?  NO.

But how come if peeps support what Hamas (mainly) stand for, the restoration of Palestine, but not killing innocent peeps, they are still called a supporter of terrorism.

Nope, i completely disagree, maybe because i was born and raised in London within an Irish comunity, im not sure.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2002, 12:04:22 AM »
What do you mean? - elaborate please

Joachim

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2002, 12:38:23 AM »
People in London are very anti-IRA, the irish communties here are heavily monitered by the police for any terrorist activity, in my police record i have 'Domestic/Foreign Terrorist Organisation Sympathiser' written, because i have family members and friends associated with the IRA and other republican groups, eventhough ive never spoken publicly about my support for Sinn Fein, nor have i in anyway displayed my support for Irish republicans except for 2 tatoos i have, but still im considered a 'terrorist sympathiser'.

People like me and you are considered 'terrorist sympathisers' in London, eventhough we have no love for terrorism of any kind. I can understand it though, i have no complaints about how people here feel towards the IRA because i dont want my children to grow up in fear of being blown up by some Irish inbred stuck several hundred years in the past either.

Nostromoo

• Lil Geezy
  • Ermintrude is my mum
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2002, 06:33:00 AM »

Quick breakdown

How is the Ireland situation similar to the Israel situation? Ireland was originally mainly Catholic (as Britain was) but Britain became Protestant. The Protestants began to colonise Ireland and due to the way Ireland developed/evolved during the industial revolution it was partitioned forming Eire and Northern Ireland. Basically because the northen part devloped faster than the southern which remained a mainly agrarian community and the northen people (who were mainly Protestant) saw the southerns as a primitive people who were ruled by Rome. Xenophopbia or paranoia perhaps, but they wanted to distance themselves. The partition become official in 1921.

However, the Jewish peoples are one of the 12 tribes of Israel and are originally from that region in the Middle East. They were displaced around the second century (AD/CE) and the area known as "Palestine" eventually fell under the control of the Ottoman Turks who were defeated during the First World War. The area then fell under the control of the British Empire. Before the Second World War, non-jewish immigrants to "Palestine" from the area (from Jordan, Syria, Egypt etc. etc.) became know as Palestinians. After the Second World War, the area was given back to the Jewish people living in the region (who at that point happened to be the minority). So Hamas et al. are just pissed because they thought they owned something which wasn't theirs and then had it taken away.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2002, 09:34:53 AM »
^ youre just skirting the issue here pal

try justifying to me how a colonial power can simply divide any land he fuckin wants to simply out of syumpathy for an ethnic group
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2002, 05:41:12 AM »
Obviously when you get deep into it they're different, but my point was that it is an argument over land, and that the attitudes towards the respective terrorist organizations involved differs

Although, taking Joachim's point into account, my opinion has to change.  But I still think you would be treated differently and more harsher within the Western world if you were a "Hamas sympathiser" than if you were an "IRA sympathiser"

Joachim (or anybody) did you see the Panorama program about the British Government assanating members of the IRA or associates through the RUC?

Joachim

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2002, 06:21:18 AM »
Joachim (or anybody) did you see the Panorama program about the British Government assanating members of the IRA or associates through the RUC?

No i missed it, but i do know that this is one of the reasons the IRA have called for the RUC to be disbanded, to this day the RUC is still a corrupt organisation and pro-unionist.