Author Topic: Is Christianity an aggressive religion or peaceful  (Read 312 times)

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Is Christianity an aggressive religion or peaceful
« on: June 25, 2002, 08:56:19 AM »
many christians complain about how "brutal" islam is... i just wonder if those people consider Christianity as a peacful religion... i think this will be an interesting discussion

(anybody who want to start a beef becuz of my question can ********** )

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
Re: Is Christian an aggressive religion or peacefu
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2002, 09:19:15 AM »
Firstly, Christianity

Secondly, this shows your paranoid and you see it as an Islam vs Christian thing because you only started this thread after seeing the "Is Islam a peaceful...." thread.

Thirdly, I think, like Islam, Christianity is based on peace.  I don't think it has been as subverted as Islam has been, I can't think of anyone STARTING wars to spread Christianity.  If you compare how Christianity originally spread to how Islam originally spread (read up on it like I've been doing) you'll see that Christianity was spread nearly without any violence at all while Islam was spread through Holy wars starting in the 8th Century.  The majority of the Middle East and North Africa had Islam imposed upon them.

But both religions TEACH peace.  So they are both peaceful.  But I would say people haven't turned Christianity violent or imposed it upon people to the same extent as Islam.   I think it is a peaceful religion.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Is Christian an aggressive religion or peacefu
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2002, 09:47:13 AM »
Firstly, Christianity

Secondly, this shows your paranoid and you see it as an Islam vs Christian thing because you only started this thread after seeing the "Is Islam a peaceful...." thread

if you're a real christian, do not call me "paranoid" cuz you're not the one to judge that....
i didnt started this because of the other thread, but i made a similar titleto connect them together...
If you compare how Christianity originally spread to how Islam originally spread (read up on it like I've been doing) you'll see that Christianity was spread nearly without any violence at all

as soon as the christians got the power in Rom, they started killing jews and other people that did not converted to their religion... they went to africa, america and asia and more or less forced to follow their religion. they attacked islamic kingdoms and attempted to destroy the mosques and other religious building..... so i wouldnt claim that Christianity was spread nearly without any violence at all...
im not trying to claim that the muslims was much better, but they did not force people to convert to islam, since its stricly prohibited according to Qu'ran......

but thats not really not what im trying to discuss.... im trying to discuss the contents of the religious books of Islam / Christianity .... alotta people claims that Islam more or less is based on violence, while Christianity is only preaching about peace... do yall agree?

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
Re: Is Christianity an aggressive religion or peac
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2002, 09:50:13 AM »
Nah I think both teach peace.  Although Muslim teachings do say it is 'Ok' to use violence in some circumstances doesn't it?  But they're both peaceful.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2002, 10:06:52 AM »
Nah I think both teach peace.  Although Muslim teachings do say it is 'Ok' to use violence in some circumstances doesn't it?  But they're both peaceful.

yes... to defend your religion and your country...

Nostromoo

• Lil Geezy
  • Ermintrude is my mum
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2002, 12:59:16 PM »
many christians complain about how "brutal" islam is... i just wonder if those people consider Christianity as a peacful religion... i think this will be an interesting discussion

(anybody who want to start a beef becuz of my question can ********** )

Well you're really asking two questions here aren't you: Is Christianity aggressive and is it peaceful?

Firstly, answering your subject question, is Christianity aggressive?

I do not think that at the moment Christianity can be considered to be aggressive. In the past I think it was true i.e. the Christian church was an aggressor. I mean, what were the Crusades all about if not to drive out non-Christian peoples from holy Christian sites in Palestine? Put simply this was nothing more than aggression against non-Christians based on a premise of 'rescuing' holy sites/land. Now of course this implies that the Muslims must have invaded these Christian sites in earlier times but they did not do it in a series of 'crusades' and were probably only done with increased territory in mind rather than any religious basis. And I know of no evidence that during this time of Muslim expansion they performed such indiscriminate massacres as those carried out against them in the Crusades e.g. Jerusalem 1191. But that was in the past and times have changed.

Secondly, is Christianity as a peaceful religion?

I'll answer this first by briefly commenting on your point about Islam being brutal. I think that Islam can be very brutal at times - especially when it comes to punishment. This is how I see it anyway. However, I still think it is a peaceful religion. Obviously the Taliban couln't be considered as peaceful but IMHO they were just extremists who justified their actions by interpreting Islam in a favourable but not necessarily correct way.

Similarly, I think the Christian churches are on the whole peaceful but there are again individuals within the religion who are not peaceful. For example, Catholics and Protestants have been arguing (often violently) about the true interpretation of Christianity since the 16th Century (since Luther) and most recently Northern Ireland has seen some bitter partisan conflict. But I think this actually has more to do with xenophobia and government than actual religious argument. So although Christians are on the whole peaceful, it's clear that not all Christians a peaceful all of the time. I'm sure this is the same in any religion though.

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2002, 01:34:27 PM »
I never made the Islam thread to start a christianity/islam fight

I just had a question I wanted to see what people thought. There is nothing wrong with being peaceful or aggressive

Aggressive and violent are two different things if that's where you thought I was coming from.

Please don't take my questions as offensive.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2002, 01:42:49 PM »
Sikotic, im not offended by your thread... i was about to mke this thread anyway...

I'll answer this first by briefly commenting on your point about Islam being brutal. I think that Islam can be very brutal at times - especially when it comes to punishment. This is how I see it anyway. However, I still think it is a peaceful religion. Obviously the Taliban couln't be considered as peaceful but IMHO they were just extremists who justified their actions by interpreting Islam in a favourable but not necessarily correct way.

thats what i thaught some people would say

do you know that also the Bible have alotta "brutal punishments" ??

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2002, 01:45:03 PM »
Sikotic, im not offended by your thread... i was about to mke this thread anyway...

Aight I just wanted to make sure

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Pillow

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2002, 07:36:23 PM »
most "real" christians are peaceful, as are islamic ppl, excluding the radicals.....

Political Gangsta

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Nature of the Threat!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2002, 09:12:54 AM »
Both Islam and Christianity are beautiful religions, that at times have had to use resistance to defend the moral sanctity of society.

Take Islam for example:

Sometimes aggression or rather resistence must be forged to uphold the moral sanctity of society. If a society did not have those individual's willing to sacrifice their life's for justice, then Muslims wouldn't even feel safe in their own places of worship.  Muhammad (pbuh) had to use the sword to perserve Islam and morality amongst a culture of infidel's and heathen's garbed in idol worship, beastality, canibalism, and tribal disputes.

And if you don't believe that Muslims are still fighting a similar battle today, then you are blind.  Elijah Muhammad, El Hajj Malik Shabazz, Wallace Muhammad, and Fard Muhammad are the shining princes of both the NOI and traditional Islam in America, they were largely responsible for spreading the religion to the west.  And all 4 of the above figures were under surveliance by the FBI, CIA, COINTELPRO, and every other government funded police force.  The government put a great deal of effort into causing dissention amongst Elijah Muhammad and Malcolm X and amongst Martin Luther King, his followers, and his fellow black leaders.  The government did everything in their power to destroy the black man's struggle for justice, and to obstruct the infiltration of Islam into this country.  Even Martin Luther King shortly before his death was saying, "I think passive resistance may have ran it's course."

There will be those that close their eyes, and plug their ears with their forefingers, and later swear upon their Holy Bibles to have seen no evil and heard no evil.  

Eldridge Cleaver

In America, the Jews (in power) sap the very life-blood of the so-called Negroes to maintain the state of Isrea

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2002, 07:59:45 PM »
both religions are peaceful, evil men try to poisen them, thaz all

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Pillow

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2002, 08:26:11 PM »
^^ aint that the truth........

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2002, 08:50:04 PM »
^^ aint that the truth........

Yup