Author Topic: Is Islam an aggressive religion or peaceful???  (Read 962 times)

Sikotic™

Is Islam an aggressive religion or peaceful???
« on: June 24, 2002, 07:56:43 PM »
Just curious?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Doggystylin

Re: Is Islam an aggressive religion or peaceful???
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2002, 08:20:11 PM »
peacefull

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2002, 08:25:05 PM »
Depends on tha person. Angy/bitter people usually make everything agressive. They can make Cristianity agressive.

I've met some pretty peacefull Muslims in my life... But then you see some on tha news blowin shit up... It's all on tha person... I try not to Generalize.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2002, 08:54:53 PM »
I'm not generalizing, I just want to see peoples opinions. Those that are muslim and non muslim.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2002, 09:56:54 PM »
depends on who is representing it,  if u go by some of tha peoples views on this board u would think that it is an aggressive religion

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2002, 10:12:23 PM »
I would say the base of it, how it was meant to be, is based around peace, but the way it was originally spread and imposed on people through the Holy Wars sadly meant that violence is institutional in Islam today

Also stuff like not allowing non - Muslims into Mecca does not promote a religion that is at ease and at peace with others

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2002, 02:40:02 AM »
peaceful, thats how I always felt, ppl get the impression it aint peaceful cuz of crazy peeps who follow it and use it as a coverup for their negative actions...
I mean there r a lotta 'terrorists' n madmen who follow a certain religion n fuck things up....I wont lie, there have been Sikh terrorists who did shit n used their religion as an excuse...
That dont mean Sikhism aint a peaceful religion-peace

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2002, 01:43:17 PM »
Now please don't take the word "aggressive" out of context. I didn't mean aggressive as in violent.

Aggressive also means hard working and enterprising as in you want to spread the message further so more people become Muslim.

PLEASE don't get it twisted.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ToNe1904

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2002, 07:07:07 PM »
under yur definition then sikotic...ANY religion that is actively trying to spread its "message" is agressive.

To me, its ALL a war amongst those particular religions. People seem to think a "war" can only be physical. But, when a religion is "spreading" itz beliefs...it is basically in the recruitment stage of war. Maybe the people spreading tha message dont believe that. But i do, i think thats where the whole idea of "speading the word" came from, centuries ago. It was a different world then. But theres strength in numbers. Religion is no different. Race is the same, except religion is more under peoples control, its not like u can "spread" yur race. Anywayz, im sure sum religious person will come in here n get all offended at my opinion...lol but oh well..

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2002, 07:56:17 PM »
under yur definition then sikotic...ANY religion that is actively trying to spread its "message" is agressive.

Well it wasn't exactly my definition, it was Websters lol.

But what I mean is some religions are content with people that have other views while others act like it is a must for all people to be that religion. It's a lil bit of both but I just wanted to get peeps opinion.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ToNe1904

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2002, 08:43:27 PM »

Well it wasn't exactly my definition, it was Websters lol.

But what I mean is some religions are content with people that have other views while others act like it is a must for all people to be that religion. It's a lil bit of both but I just wanted to get peeps opinion.

lol i wasnt disagreein with the definition. Jus saying what my view of "aggressive" religion...based on that definition.

Political Gangsta

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Nature of the Threat!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2002, 09:05:10 AM »
Sometimes aggression or rather resistence must be forged to uphold the moral sanctity of society. If a society did not have those individual's willing to sacrifice their life's for justice, then Muslims wouldn't even feel safe in their own places of worship.  Muhammad (pbuh) had to use the sword to perserve Islam and morality amongst a culture of infidel's and heathen's garbed in idol worship, beastality, canibalism, and tribal disputes.

And if you don't believe that Muslims are still fighting a similar battle today, then you are blind.  Elijah Muhammad, El Hajj Malik Shabazz, Wallace Muhammad, and Fard Muhammad are the shining princes of both the NOI and traditional Islam in America, they were largely responsible for spreading the religion to the west.  And all 4 of the above figures were under surveliance by the FBI, CIA, COINTELPRO, and every other government funded police force.  The government put a great deal of effort into causing dissention amongst Elijah Muhammad and Malcolm X and amongst Martin Luther King, his followers, and his fellow black leaders.  The government did everything in their power to destroy the black man's struggle for justice, and to obstruct the infiltration of Islam into this country.  Even Martin Luther King shortly before his death was saying, "I think passive resistance may have ran it's course."

There will be those that close their eyes, and plug their ears with their forefingers, and later swear upon their Holy Bibles to have seen no evil and heard no evil.  

Eldridge Cleaver

In America, the Jews (in power) sap the very life-blood of the so-called Negroes to maintain the state of Isrea

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2002, 11:27:14 AM »

lol i wasnt disagreein with the definition. Jus saying what my view of "aggressive" religion...based on that definition.

its all good

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 10:48:01 PM »
peaceful

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 11:05:42 AM »

dubcc gives me chuckles, what next a thread with some nigga saying hitlers nazism wasn't facism?

hit up the quran...its full of kill/fight/slay/smight/subjugate the non-believers

thank fuck most muslims are either ignorant of the violence in the koran or just ignore it

heres just a few examples

Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191

Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme. (different translation: ) Fight them until there is no persecution and the religion is God's entirely. - 2:193 and 8:39

Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. - 2:216

If you should die or be killed in the cause of Allah, His mercy and forgiveness would surely be better than all they riches they amass. If you should die or be killed, before Him you shall all be gathered. - 3:157-8

You must not think that those who were slain in the cause of Allah are dead. They are alive, and well-provided for by their Lord. - Surah 3:169-71

Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fights in the cause of God, whether he is slain or victorious, soon we shall give him a great reward. - Surah 4:74

Those who believe fight in the cause of God, and those who reject faith fight in the cause of evil. - 4:76

seize them and slay them(non-believers) wherever you find them. - 4:89

Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme - 8:39

O Prophet! Exhort the believers to fight. If there are 20 steadfast men among you, they shall vanquish 200; and if there are a hundred, they shall rout a thousand unbelievers, for they are devoid of understanding. - 8:65

Allah and His apostle are free from obligations to idol-worshipers. Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers. - 9:2-3

When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. - 9:5