?

Abraham Lincoln (1860-1865)
5 (45.5%)
Franklin Delanor Roosevelt (1932-1945)
6 (54.5%)
Lyndon Baines Johnson (1963-1968)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Which of these Presidents Was The Best?  (Read 220 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Which of these Presidents Was The Best?
« on: January 24, 2004, 09:46:49 PM »
Just curious to see what people see as benefits for the US seeing as they all affected the country so greatly.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

pappy

Re:Which of these Presidents Was The Best?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2004, 10:02:07 PM »
FDR

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2004, 10:12:28 PM »
Abe gets my vote.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 09:54:32 AM »
the first two,it is a tie........liberals like to say FDR, but he was far more 'racist' (do your reading) than Lincon "was". and Conservatives like to say lincoln, but he was a lot more liberal than they make him out to be.

both did 2 great things that helped this country  tremendously , johnson really didn't do nothing but send a bunch of daftees over to nam to die

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 06:55:13 PM »
the first two,it is a tie........liberals like to say FDR, but he was far more 'racist' (do your reading) than Lincon "was". and Conservatives like to say lincoln, but he was a lot more liberal than they make him out to be.

both did 2 great things that helped this country  tremendously , johnson really didn't do nothing but send a bunch of daftees over to nam to die

Debatable. From what I've read of FDR he was not racist, and I believe he actually pushed for rights for both Blacks & Mexicans.

And let's not forget Johnson passed the Civil Rights laws.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 09:24:45 PM »
Johnson tained his own legacy by esculating the Vietnam War, because he didn't want to look weak on Communist, the same way a democratic president now would look weak on terriorist. By caving into peer pressure, this makes it hard to look at Johnson as the man that started the War on Poverty, the president that really fought hard for Civil Rights, and granted all out voting rights to every American citizen, and of course started college finacial aid, which I benefit greatly. But Johnson did cut taxes, and increased speeding on the Vietnam War, which all came from trying to do too much at once, and hurt the economy greatly. He wanted to be popular, and paid greatly.

As for Lincoln and Roosevelt, either one can be great. Both dealt with too different things. Lincoln overcame great defeats to rise to be one of the greatest presidents ever, as did Roosevelt who had polio, and who was once thought of as a failure. Both saved their country, and both lead the United States through great wars.

Also, I've done tons of reading on Roosevelt, after all, he is a hero of mine. I've read both good and bad, and I've never heard of him as a racist. In fact, his wife was a champion for the no lynching laws, which would punish greatly people that lynch blacks in the United States, mainly the south. Franklin Roosevelt never adress the situation though, because when he was, Hitler was coming to power in Europe, and the United Kingdom needed our help so we load them tons of money and supplies, basically entering ourselves in the war.

Lincoln was liberal in the sense that yes he believed in human rights, and he also didn't want to punish the south, but rather rebuild it. But at that time, liberal meant something different than today. Lincoln would be a Republican today, because he was a great Christian, he would agree with tax cuts, and back then liberal meant pro-Capitalism, which Lincoln was. Lincoln was an old-school liberal, or new-school conservative, and without a doubt the saver of the Union in the 19th century.

Who's better between Roosevelt and Lincoln, I vote for Roosevelt 'cause I'm a liberal, and I think Roosevelt needs to be on money, instead of Andrew Jackson who killed many Native Americans. Roosevelt, as regonized as he is, is not given the credit he earned because his earned as much as Lincoln.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2004, 10:33:06 PM »
Andrew Jackson was the worst president in our nations history imo. I agree with M Dogg that FDR should be on money in his place. Like said above, he was responsible for the death of many indians, plus he tried to sabatoge reconstruction and basically tried to return the country to the same state it was in before the Civil War. What a bastard.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2004, 11:56:52 PM »
Andrew Jackson was the worst president in our nations history imo. I agree with M Dogg that FDR should be on money in his place. Like said above, he was responsible for the death of many indians, plus he tried to sabatoge reconstruction and basically tried to return the country to the same state it was in before the Civil War. What a bastard.

I think your mixing up your Andrews into one person... lol. Jackson was the 7th president, and he was the one that was responsible for thousands of Indians deaths, which was unpopular even at the time. Andrew Johnson was the 17th president, after Lincoln, and had different ideas of Reconstuction than everyone else.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2004, 01:55:29 PM »
^ Oops, you are right, my bad. Johnson was responsible for the execution of several Native Americans also.