Author Topic: Joseph Smith (Founder of The Church Of Latter Day Saints)  (Read 184 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Joseph Smith (Founder of The Church Of Latter Day Saints)
« on: January 25, 2004, 07:21:10 PM »
I was reading about this guy today. I gotta say, if I had to be a Christian I'd join that church. That guy was really intelligent, I was reading some of the stuff he wrote. People need to quit hating on Mormons, they had a highly intelligent & respectful founder.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Suga Foot

Re:Joseph Smith (Founder of The Church Of Latter Day Saints)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 07:41:52 PM »
those commercials on TV are kinda funny tho.  I'm not a religious man, but I don't hate on any religion.  

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 07:46:50 PM »
those commercials on TV are kinda funny tho.  I'm not a religious man, but I don't hate on any religion.  

Which ones? I'm not familiar with what you're referring to.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2004, 08:21:27 PM »
all of them, they're just really sappy.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2004, 07:17:46 AM »
Yeah, I never understood the hate.  The commercials ARE really sappy, but you gotta admit, there's nothing wrong with promoting what they promote.  Also, like you said about Joseph Smith, the guy was incredibly intelligent, and was eventually murdered (martyred?) over his beliefs.  I just don't see why they get so much hate.  If you ask a Mormon, though, they'll tell you the reason they get so much hate is because they are true followers of God, which the evil in the world hates to see.  Don't you think it's kind of funny that they're the only christian religion that gets hated on , constantly? That might kind of tell you something about them.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2004, 01:09:16 AM »
All i know about Joseph Smith is what they showed in the episode on Mormans from South Park, and they didn't make him look like a particurlaly smart guy, but when do they with anyone? Trauma if you could post a link to a decent history of Joseph Smtih it would be appreciated (the longer and more in-depth the better). I guess i could look myself but i'm too lazy and i figured you might know some good websites on him/Mormans.

Have there been many good books/articles written to support/disprove his story or not?
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2004, 06:35:25 AM »
^well, the best argument for his story is the book of Mormon.  He produced the entire book himself, and said that god gave it to him.  So either it did come from god, or he wrote the entire book, with it's complex storylines and cross references to the bible.  It's a book telling about a jewish clan travelling to the americas about 600 B.C., all the trials and tribulations they faced, and Jesus Christ eventually visiting them here after his resurrection in Jerusalem.  People say he just made it up, which I never could understand, because In my opinion, it would be impossible for 1 person or even a few people to write the entire book as it stands.  

A good reference of him can be found on the Mormon website.

http://www.mormon.org/learn/0,8672,956-1,00.html

Of course it's biased, but any other source you find is going to be biased against him.  So you got to go 1 way or the other.  

infinite59

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2004, 09:16:08 AM »
Everyone has been mentioning his intelligence.  I know very little about this man.  Can you give me an example of his intelligence?  Some quotes from him or his books.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2004, 09:19:27 AM by Ibrahim Islam »

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2004, 09:01:02 PM »
I dunno man... I don't really think it would be productive to do that.  Especially considering some of the posts you've made in the past slamming him... I just don't feel you're genuinely interested.  

Munga

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2004, 10:24:38 PM »
Well he did beat the shit out of a Baptist Pastor once because the pastor said that Smith wasn't a prophet. Really nice guy. ::)

He married many women, including HIS SISTER. :-X
*The Bible says "close family marriage is gross sin"*

The Bible also says "a man must have 1 wife until death", but Smith claimed that God ordered him to marry as many women as possible. I wonder why a sex-crazed guy would make that up.

Smith also claimed that "his new revelation came from an Angel named MORON(i)." LOL.

Smith also threatened to excommunicate and damn people to hell-fire if they disobeyed Mormon laws. Wow, he seems like such a cool guy.

I could go on and on forever about why he was just an idiot claiming to be the next Jesus or something. None of his prophecies became true, he claims to have been given golden plates by god, which he claimed to have misplaced right after. LOL. Would you misplace something that GOD gave you?

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2004, 06:59:00 AM »
^ hm i wonder which hypocritically bigoted intolerant wannabe intellectual this could be?

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2004, 03:14:15 PM »
Well he did beat the shit out of a Baptist Pastor once because the pastor said that Smith wasn't a prophet. Really nice guy. ::)

Never happened.

He married many women, including HIS SISTER. :-X
*The Bible says "close family marriage is gross sin"*

Never happened.  

I could go on and on forever about why he was just an idiot claiming to be the next Jesus or something. None of his prophecies became true, he claims to have been given golden plates by god, which he claimed to have misplaced right after. LOL. Would you misplace something that GOD gave you?

God didn't give him the plates.  He also never misplaced, and never claimed to misplace them.  In other words, never happened.  

Just trying to clear up some of the lies left here forever.