Author Topic: Forget the Fighting....Step in here to debate me..  (Read 1244 times)

ToNe1904

Re: Forget the Fighting....Step in here to debate
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2002, 12:00:28 PM »

1.) Just becasue these poeple singed up to give their lives, dosent mean all of them are going to die. Pretend that you are a father, who has 2 kids, both males, both in the army. They have just been sent off to the pacific to fight the Japanese. How would you feel if somebody could end the war, and in effect, save your Son's life?

2.) I'm VERY proud of my country and what It stands for. When you say: "i dont for one second pretend this country hasnt done some fucked up thingz in its past...and continues to do sum fucked up things." I agree with you. Have you turned a blind eye twards all the other countries in the world? Have you forgotten that Saddam Gassed his OWN citizens? Have you forgotten the atrocities that occur in Iran on a daily basis? Do you rememeber the Taliban? Im just saying, If you count all the bad things America has done, dont forget all the other shit others have done as well...

Ive noticed that its hard to see it when somebody does lots of good, but easy to see when they do bad.

It's like the puff daddy effect. When you are at the top, the people who hate you grow...  ;D

1.Not all soldiers have to die, but they are the ones who are part of the war. We shouldnt be killing civilians. Youre only talking from the perspective of the American soldiers father. What about the 3 yr old little boy who got blown up, u think his father gives a fuck about any American soldier?

2. Of course I notice what other countries have done. Theyve done sum really fucked up things as well. How can u not notice? Our news says every single night how fuked up OTHER countries are. Which is why i try to show how this country is fucked up also. Its not like, everybody else does dirty things...and America doesnt. yah know? U would think that if u love America so much, rather then NOT bringin light to the problems here...that u would shine the light on them more, so that theyre adressed. The country only gets better with criticism.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

HGHDSGJKDSV

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2002, 12:11:12 PM »
Your dead right about shinning the light on the problems, Expose the problems and fix them and your country will become stronger but ingnore the problems and they will eat up your country from the inside out.
I MIGHT NOT GO DOWN IN HISTORY, BUT I'LL GO DOWN ON YA MUM

HGHDSGJKDSV

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2002, 02:19:24 PM »

I really dont know where to begin with all of your errors. Have you ever taken a high school history class? If so you would realize that 95% of what you just said is incorrect.

1.) The English were holding off the Germans well on their own? With the vast majority of countries under axis control, do you think the British would be able to hold off all of Europe?! Sure, the Channel Islands were the only British territory that was captured during the war, but show me ONE single shred of evidence that says the "English had been holding off the Germans very well" Sure, you said its your personal opinion, but 99.9% of historians will disagree with you. U-boats made it so that goods and supplies were not getting to Brittan, and they couldn't get any from mainland Europe because of the Nazi's.

2.) Do you even realize why we used the bomb? Have you ever even read Ibuse's Black rain? If not, I suggest that you pick up a used copy somewhere. It tells not only of the horrors of the atomic bomb, but also what was really happening in Japan at the time of the bombing. The emperor was not "ready to surrender" like you said, he was prepping his people for homeland defense. I don’t have the book with me as I type this, but there is a VERY interesting part where Ibuse writes about how the Emperor tells the people of Japan in a radio address to get ready for an invasion. He tells them to do whatever it takes to kill as many invaders as possible. The Japanese were NOT going to back down. Also, do you know how many American lives would have been lost in a ground invasion of Japan and its occupied territories? If not, you should really do some reading. It would have cost nearly 1 million American lives, far more than the Atomic bombing. Now don’t get your collective panties in a bunch. The Atomic bombing was probably the worst thing this country has ever done, but how many people were killed in the bombings? And how many Americans would have been killed? Sure it sounds vicious now, but if you can, put yourself in a WW2 mindset. How would you feel about your friends and your relatives going off to fight the war in Japan? You wouldn’t want them to go. What if you could end the war with one swift blow, saving American lives? Sure you America haters out there will whine and moan about how America does/did this bad and that bad, but really… People lost their lives so that little fuckers like yourself could grow up and have your anti-American views.

I love this country becasue it allows people like you to have your own flawed opinions. Try moving to Iran and talking bad about their government. See how they like that.

Like i said the Janpanese were willing to surrender as long as the Emporor remained in his role.

http://www.spectacle.org/696/long.html  Read it, And yeah i did take a high school history class which i passed, It's just that i know not every thig they taught me was the truth, that some times things get sugar coated so we don't feel so guilty.

Woodrow

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2002, 02:40:58 PM »
I havent got around to reading that yet, but I will asap...

The Emproror was seen as a "god" and america didnt want that. If you recall, durring the reconstruction, McArthur actually fought to keep the emporor in his position, while the rest of the US Government (and the free world) wanted him executed. He kept his role as the "leader" (Like the british monarchary) but renounced his divinity in the end. he was still the "Emp" but he was no longer a god.

If the old system of Government were to remain in power, then what would stop it from it's imperialistic dreams? What would stop it from starting a new War? This is why would not agree to theri terms on surrender.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2002, 02:41:27 AM »
Do you realize there are countrys other than America who don't treat their citizens bad and don't do bad shit, You are comparing America to some pretty bad countrys, Commpare it to England, France, Italy, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, Austria, Sweeden not just the really fucked up ones and then see how good it looks.

Your arogant, You think the only people here are Americans, I don't live in America i live in country where i can say what i like about my government and we don't fuck over other countrys and make out like were doing it for some nobal cause.

Engelwood would you please respond to this?

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2002, 07:01:42 AM »
So your telling me that in 1948 when the state of Israel was decleared that the land it was made up of was part of no country prior to that. That that land was land was not taken fron other countrys by the Untied Nations and then given to the Jews to live on.

exactlly, you should know this...be4, there waz the British mandat there and be4 that, there waz the Turkish mandat....there was no declared country\state there.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

HGHDSGJKDSV

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2002, 05:41:01 PM »
Okay here is break down of the whole Arab – Israel situation as I see it.

The League of Nations approved in 1922 the British mandate of Palestine; Jews immigrated there in large numbers despite Arab opposition. There was tension and violence between Jews and Arabs, and the British, unable to resolve the problem, turned to the UN in 1947. In November 1947 the United Nations divided Palestine, then under British mandate, into Jewish and Arab states. Six months later the British withdrew, and on May 14, 1948, the state of Israel was proclaimed. This lead to a series of wars between Israel and it’s neighbors from 1948 until the late seventies. The result of these wars was that Israel captured large amounts of Arab land.

Skip forward some time to 2002, Arabs have for years now been attacking Jewish settlements in theses areas taken from them in the wars between the Arabs and Israel during 1950’s, 60’s and 70’s, Israel has been retaliating with deadly force (much of which was provided by the U.S.A, Thus being the reason for so much of the anti-American feeling in the area) against the Palestinian people.

My feeling is that Israel needs to realize that if they continue to occupy Arab territories the Arab people will inflict suffering upon them and that they should return land back to the way it was in 1948, Until this happens I will always look upon Israel as the aggressor and Palestine as  a people fighting for their land.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2002, 02:51:31 AM »
yo right to see it how ever you choose but you're simply wrong like many others imo, you see, there was no palestinian state there ever. they would never even claim to seek for it, if it waznt for their will to get the Jews out. also, you should know that most of Israelz wars were brought uppon Israel...and i don't remember many countrys returnin' occupied territories after WON wars like Israelz does....Israel does far beyond anythang any other peace seeking country does, but as long as there is terrorism, palestinianz and jews r going to suffer.

We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Woodrow

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2002, 08:45:44 AM »

Engelwood would you please respond to this?

How many times have you seen a thread in here critizing a country besides America?

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2002, 11:28:52 AM »
America is the only world superpower
It is the only country that makes huge decisions
It is natural that it recieves attention

What has Finland ever done in the Middle East conflict?

See what I mean

Britain is the only other one that recieves a bit of criticism

Woodrow

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2002, 11:48:34 AM »
America is the only world superpower
It is the only country that makes huge decisions
It is natural that it recieves attention

What has Finland ever done in the Middle East conflict?

See what I mean

Britain is the only other one that recieves a bit of criticism

Perhaps now America is the only superpower... With the emergence of the EU, economically at least, this is becoming untrue.

America is the only country that makes huge decisions?? What about Other countries lack of making huge decisions?

What has finland ever done in the middle east conflict?

Nothing Thats the problem. At least America steps up to the plate and TRY's to help situations...

HGHDSGJKDSV

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2002, 03:11:16 PM »
Yeah but that ain't what im sayin, Im sayin that if you going to say how good America is don't compare it to bad countries, Thats like comparing a chick you think is the finest chick in the world to a chick everyone including yourslef knows is a mutt.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2002, 01:33:24 AM »
Engel - that is what I am saying.  It's great the US gets involved but they have to be prepared to take criticism.  Can you not understand that?

And also you still haven't replied to the fact that America has free speech - but so does many other countries except we don't go around saying "I love my country because it gives me the right of free speech" - comment on that - America isn't the only one

Woodrow

« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2002, 11:18:46 AM »
How often do you hear threads on how horrible England treats the world?

How often do you hear threads about the horrible leadership of the Canadian government?

How often do you see threads critizing other countries and governments???

You dont. Thats the problem.

The time I see a thread critizing another freedom loving country, I'll go in that thread and stick up for it too...

HGHDSGJKDSV

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2002, 11:39:37 AM »
Other countrires arn't getting critacized because they arn't trying to mess with the way other countries are run.