Am i right or wrong?

You're sooooooooo Right
38 (82.6%)
You're sooooooooo Wrong
4 (8.7%)
I'm too dumb to understand the question
4 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: [poll] something people do that i dont understand  (Read 752 times)

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:[poll] something people do that i dont understand
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2004, 09:42:09 AM »
110% agree.  Its like.. everyone knew if Suge was in jail that Crook wouldnt drop.  And Rass.. how stupid can you be.  I have no respect for drinking and driving.  He shouldve joined AA and focused on getting off Priority instead of driving "Drunk By Himself!"  *Nas plug*
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2004, 10:45:56 AM »
Haha, that is totally reading my mind right there! The other day I was reading a post here and someone's banner said in huge writing 'FREE TRAY DEEE' and I was tempted to go post 'why?' but I didn't wanna start a war! ;) I mean no disrespect becuase I like Tray Deee but I share the exact same view point as 'Seer here. These are grown men who perform these crimes - they should know the consequences of their actions and as a result have to face up to them. So yeah I'm gonna go with 'you're sooooo right'   :D
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

budsmokeronly

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2004, 10:47:17 AM »
I could give a shit if Tray Deee killed the president, I still say Free HIm!

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2004, 10:48:57 AM »
I want him freed - just after he's paid debt to society. ;)

lol, seems everyone is agreeing with 'Seer on this one - this must be going to his head a little! ;D

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2004, 10:51:18 AM »
I could give a shit if Tray Deee killed the president, I still say Free HIm!

That's different, I'd carry him on my shoulders if he killed the President  ;D Lol, just playing Americans.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

budsmokeronly

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2004, 10:55:27 AM »
and anyways to really get to the point....

Just cause somebody broke the law, and a judge decided that person needs to spend time in jail, means that you have to agree with that judge?

Hell no!  what if your own brother was in jail for committing a crime.  How many of yall are gonna be like, "oh yeah, fuck him, he did the crime he's gotta do the time."
Not many I bet.  Most people would want their brother out as soon as possible.  And plus fuck jail, fuck that place.  Most people I believe do not deserve to be locked up.  Tray Deee, Ras Kass, and Half Dead all don't deserve to be locked up.  Maybe slap some big ass fines on them, but they don't deserve to be behind bars.

Don Seer

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2004, 11:02:59 AM »

Just cause somebody broke the law, and a judge decided that person needs to spend time in jail, means that you have to agree with that judge?

Hell no!  what if your own brother was in jail for committing a crime.  How many of yall are gonna be like, "oh yeah, fuck him, he did the crime he's gotta do the time."
Not many I bet.  Most people would want their brother out as soon as possible.  And plus fuck jail, fuck that place.  Most people I believe do not deserve to be locked up.  Tray Deee, Ras Kass, and Half Dead all don't deserve to be locked up.  Maybe slap some big ass fines on them, but they don't deserve to be behind bars.

why the hell not?!

if you did a crime why should you get sentenced just like the next man?

just because you're a rapper?

Don Seer

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2004, 11:05:19 AM »
i also wanna say one more thing

ALL the three you mentioned... have previous records.  = habitual criminals

hell Ras Kass even killed someone before for the very offence he is STILL committing.. how stupid is that?

and you think he doesnt deserve time? even he didnt dispute the sentence, he only ran so he could sort his situation out so his fam will eat while he's inside.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 11:05:45 AM by Overseer »

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2004, 11:05:56 AM »
Okay, now try looking at it from this perspective. Imagine Tray Deee (I'm just using this as an exmple since his name was mentioned last) was part of a gun crime that involved a member of your family being seriously injured or worse. How would you look at that person then? I don't care if that was my closest friend in the world if he killed my brother, father, whatever I would tell the judge to lock him up and throw away the key...

And, like someone else said earlier, if they do the crime they should do the time. Just because they are rich rappers doesn't make them exempt from the law. People get sentance to life sentances all the time for the same crimes Ras, Tray, and all them took part in. They usually get a lesser sentance anyway - that to me is more than fair. Like the Snoop case for example. I'm a huge Snoop fan and I'm not here to argue if he was innocent or guilty but I strongly believe that had that been any other regular member of society that person would've been punished severely.

And if my brother commited a crime and was sentanced to jail I'd be too shocked and dissapointed to protest his sentance. And of course I'd stand by him because he's family but that doesn't mean that I think what he did is right or that he doesn't deserve to be punished. Its simple to me. You commit that crime, you're wise enough to know the consequences of what's coming and accept it like a man. Can't handle it? Don't do it.

SGV

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2004, 11:12:02 AM »
You're 100% right. But, with Ras it was more "Free Ras from Priority." Same thing they did with the Lox.

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2004, 11:13:44 AM »

My big brotha (from anotha motha) was in jail for some bullshit that he did and you know what Grundy Loc.. I was glad cuz for once in his life he got a rude awakening.  I visited him every month for over two years up in Tehachapi, Cal State Prison and it hella sucked.. but he did the crime and it was good for him to do the time.  I wanted him to learn so he wouldnt go back.. and he hasnt.  He wasnt my real brother, but our families consider us all brothers since we was like 6.  Hes 35 now and Im 32 (next month) and we got kids so Im glad he learned that lesson at a younger age. Thats real.

Also, drinking and driving desearves jail time homie.  There are alot of little kids who died cuz of drinkin and driving.  Think about it dogg..

Ax
« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 11:14:36 AM by Axle_Fohley »
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2004, 11:16:39 AM »

I dunno mane...my brother is in prison and will be for a very long time and growin up wit him for a limited time I believe he's better off in there....ofcourse U luv yur brother and would want him here with U but U gotta slap yurself with a reality check and kno someone like that is better off in there till he's rehabilitated....

now as for drinkin & drivin......that's wrong any way U look at it, I've had folks dying from that shit.....I got a boy who's loced up rite now for hittin some female and hurting her....ain't nothing cool about it.....now is it worth jail time? I dunno, I aint a judge here.....but kno if it wasn't for these jails this world would be hell (not that it aint 2 a degree already) how U gone say they should slap a fine on Tray Deee? Tray would just pay it and go shooting at muthafucaz again wit his gang bangin mentality.....its so easy 2 get a gun.....but using it is a whole notha story.....fuc guns anyway, throw em up like men.....muthafucaz out here quic to pull out too these days.....but that ol skool mentality is makin its way bac......let's drop em and get it on like men.....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2004, 11:16:47 AM »

dude on the left is my brotha.. from anotha..
people learn from shit like that.. and he got hella BIG FROM THEM WEIGHTS!!!!!  hahaha.. (dude on the right aint me, btw..)
~Theodore Roosevelt

SGV

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2004, 11:20:29 AM »
its so easy 2 get a gun.....but using it is a whole notha story.....fuc guns anyway, throw em up like men.....muthafucaz out here quic to pull out too these days.....but that ol skool mentality is makin its way bac......let's drop em and get it on like men.....

Amen.

You ain't a man if you fight your battles with a gun.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2004, 11:29:01 AM »

why the hell not?!

if you did a crime why should you get sentenced just like the next man?

just because you're a rapper?

I'm not saying they deserve a free pass because they are rappers.  I'm saying what they did, even though I don't even really know what they did (it wasn't rape, child molestation/abuse, murder) doesn't deserve a lock up punishment.  I'm not speaking on these guys as rappers, I'm speaking on them as avg people.  I believe most crimes do not warrant a lock up, that is my own personal beliefs.  I'm sure I think at least 60% of inmates should be free.  Jail is a fucked up place, and it does nobody good except the people making money off it.  If you have been to jail before I can't see how you would wish that upon others unless they really did something wrong.  It ain't even about what you do, its what you can prove.  and if you got a lot of money, then you can afford a great lawyer to defend you, and imo, get off in almost any circumstance.  So how is that fair?  So all 3 of these guys should spend time in prison, because they don't have enough money, that is what our justice system boils down too.