Author Topic: Pope blesses Breakdancers  (Read 421 times)

Trauma-san

Pope blesses Breakdancers
« on: January 26, 2004, 11:34:29 AM »
To those that were dissing the pope, I ask you to reconsider.... very great man.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

VATICAN CITY (AP) -- In an unusual spectacle at the Vatican, Pope John Paul II presided over a performance of break-dancers who leaped, flipped and spun their bodies to beats from a tinny boom box.

The 83-year-old pontiff seemed to approve, waving his hand after each dancer completed a move, then applauding for the entire group. He watched the performance from a raised throne.

"For this creative hard work I bless you from my heart," he said.

During Sunday's show, one dancer -- part of a Polish group that helps poor and marginalized youths -- planted his head on the inlaid marble floor of the Vatican hall and spun to loud applause from his group and from Vatican officials.

Another performer flung his body around in a series of spins and handstands.

"Artistic talent is a gift from God and whoever discovers it in himself has a certain obligation: to know that he cannot waste this talent, but must develop it," John Paul said.

Earlier Sunday, members of an Italian Catholic youth organization enthusiastically cheered the pope's weekly remarks in St. Peter's Square. A few were invited into his papal apartment and helped him release doves from his window.

The pope, who suffers numerous ailments but appeared relatively strong Sunday, called out to the other children cheering below his window.

"I love you all. I love you very much," he said.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 11:34:52 AM by Trauma Wilson »

Don Seer

Re:Pope blesses Breakdancers
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 11:35:57 AM »
i saw this on tv last night.. he was drooling heavily, so think he liked them young men in tight clothes gyrating in front of him ;)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 11:45:12 AM »
To those that were dissing the pope, I ask you to reconsider.... very great man.

Just out of curiosity who was dissing the Pope?

Anways, this is cool news. The Pope is a great man whom I respect greatly.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Immortal

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 11:50:58 AM »
i saw this on tv last night.. he was drooling heavily, so think he liked them young men in tight clothes gyrating in front of him ;)

u an athiest? why are you disrespecting yor pope?
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2004, 11:53:12 AM »
i'm C.O.E.

Immortal

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 12:08:55 PM »
how can you be the Church of England or "Centre of Excellence"  :-X YOU ARE AN ATHIEST NO DOUBT
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2004, 12:19:04 PM »
haha.. i'm christened COE.. thats nothing to do with catholiscism.. quite the opposite.. caused a lot of trouble once ;)

i'm not quite atheist.. i dont believe in god.. but..

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2004, 01:35:27 PM »
lol thats funny shit, im atheist, kinda, i could care less aobut the pope

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2004, 01:46:13 PM »
I love the pope. Of course being Catholic all my life, and him being pope since the year before I was born, I've kinda grown to love the man as my religious leader. I honestly can say that the day he dies, I'll be a very sad man, his done great things for the Catholic Church, though I would like to see the more politically liberal church of the 60's and 70's, but he has done many great trips to the Third World, prayed over the misfortuate, and help spread Catholism world wide just by being understanding. On New Year's 2000, he wanted to set a Jubulie year, and every be forgiven of debts, and of course many cultures were in the celebration. In his time as pope, many other cultures were welcomed into the Catholic Church. Now of course, hip-hop has found a place in the popes approval.

bez

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2004, 02:50:09 PM »
Whats he ever done for me?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2004, 02:59:44 PM »

Why do the British hate on the pope. God, let history die after 300 years. I mean, you guys helped the French in both world wars, and all kinds of untraditional British type stuff. Why still the hate for Catholics. I mean after all, we are in the Vatican II era, after the Catholic Church reformed itself.

bez

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2004, 03:19:27 PM »

Why do the British hate on the pope. God, let history die after 300 years. I mean, you guys helped the French in both world wars, and all kinds of untraditional British type stuff. Why still the hate for Catholics. I mean after all, we are in the Vatican II era, after the Catholic Church reformed itself.

Let me rephrase my question.....no actually I'll just say it again....Whats he ever done for me?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2004, 06:39:53 PM »
What's next? The Pope goes to a strip-club?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2004, 06:53:49 PM »
What's next? The Pope goes to a strip-club?

LMAO!!! That would be hilarious.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2004, 09:24:45 PM »

He's made the world a better place by helping your brothers and sisters.  You've benefited directly from that.