Author Topic: CHRISTIANS THE TRUTH  (Read 740 times)

Trauma-san

Re: CHRISTIANS THE TRUTH
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2002, 10:36:02 AM »
denominations were created afterwards thats why. the faith shouldnt even be split into these factions.

none of them follow the original 'path' anyways (watch the movie stigmata if you arent into reading) so fuck em.

this gospel isn't recognised by the church. and its been said that (esp. catholics for some reason) have destroyed evidence contrary to their faith in the past.
http://www.loveangelquest.com/gospel.html

Mormons contend that yes, the churches after christ's death changed and omitted things that were contrary to their faith from the bible.  That's the whole point of the "latter day" restoration, and why the book of mormon was created by god, to use as a comparison alongside the bible.  The mormon church never would have been created, if the churches after Jesus's death didn't corrupt his original church, a restored church wouldn't have been necessary.  

All protestant churches also agree that the catholic church destroyed evidence contrary to the pope's beliefs and desires, that's why they started the reformation.  If the church after Jesus's death wouldn't have strayed from the original plan, the protestant reformed churches wouldn't be necessary, either.

Jews also have a similar concept, that's why they have rabbitical laws, interpretations of the scriptures by rabbis.  

So, among christians, today you have the catholic church, which says that it was the original church, and though it is different now, it's the only church that was around in jesus' time (well, shortly after his death)... they contend that they are the descended church started by Jesus, and then continued by Peter.  (Actually, they are, they're 100% correct, I can't hate on what they did in the past).

Protestant churches all jumped off in the 1500's or so, saying that they couldn't stand the catholic church being corrupted over the years, and so they all attempted to change back what was wrong with the catholic church.  Only problem is, they've all got different ideas of what's missing, what's been changed, etc. so you get like 100 different denominations.

Latter Day Saints say that god appeared to Joseph Smith in the 1800's and told him what was wrong with the church, and gave him (basically, watered down version) the book of mormon, which he had written over the centuries in america, away from the Catholic church's perversion. That's why the book of mormon has ideas and things in it that the bible doesn't have.  

That's where all the denominations come from, and why they all stray from the 'original path' Peace~
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2002, 11:15:03 AM »
see thats more like it... there must be a faction that actively tries to 'put things right' and reinterpret things then i'd support them and their cause... (unless they break my rulez about 'guilt tripping' people etc) but then again.. the original faith from the interpretation i read (which i knew the specific name) has no god. and jesus was just a good man with a message.

well.. thing is... if the OG faith is as i perceive it.. then i wouldnt have a problem.

i am a christened in the COE. i never had the choice, i was basically forced into sunday school... it put me off. and as i've said before. the games i've heard some 'factions' play have put me off.

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2002, 11:19:20 AM »
I hear ya.  All 'factions' play games, i'm not gonna sit here and try to act like Mormons are perfect.  I believe, if you study mormon doctrine, you probably won't find much that doesn't make 100% total, logical sense.  You will, though, find hypocricy with mormons, just as with any other religion.  Mormons have a lot of dirt in their past too... but to me, when I was 'converting', It seemed like a perfect fit.  Just tons, tons, tons of little things.  Like i've been sayin' on another thread, Catholics say that you're born with sin.  That never made sense to me... because if a baby's not baptised, that means he goes to hell, to catholics! That can't be right, god would never do that.  But mormons have an explanation for this; they say there is no original sin, god loves kids, and it's impossible for a kid to sin, until he's 8 or so, because he can't comprehend the sin.  Makes perfect sense to me.  Stuff like that; like I said, it's a perfect fit for me, and my mind set, and the way I see things.  Makes 100% sense... but for others, it may not be what they're lookin' for, regardless of whether it's true or not.  There might be somethin' about it that puts them off, or doesn't make sense to them, or something.  It's all good :)

VIBES

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2002, 11:20:04 AM »
How does God See Each Person Doing Bad.

P.S How Do You Get Pictures ??

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2002, 11:22:20 AM »
How does God See Each Person Doing Bad.

P.S How Do You Get Pictures ??

I don't get what cha mean by the first part, explain a lil' more.  YOu mean, like what does he think of them?  

To get pictures, find one on the net you like, and copy the address.  Go up to "Profile" towards the top ^^, and it'll show you how to do it.  Peace~

VIBES

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2002, 11:44:11 AM »
this a bad example but say i take a leak and the overseer takes a leak and scy coming down on a female and u on the pc how can he see us all at the same time ??

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2002, 11:51:17 AM »
this a bad example but say i take a leak and the overseer takes a leak and scy coming down on a female and u on the pc how can he see us all at the same time ??

Oh, I gotcha.  God by definition is perfect, and the greatest possible at everything, so he can know what everyone is doing at 1 time... he's all-knowing, all-powerful, etc.  So he knows everything, can do everything, etc. etc. etc.  We can't understand HOW he does it, specifically, because we're tryna understand perfection, and we're not perfect.  

Don Seer

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2002, 11:51:50 AM »
it depends on your interpretation of god.

see i'm not 'properly christian' .. altho i agree with a lot of the moral code set down... so in my world, theres no god. so it doesnt matter.

VIBES

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2002, 12:25:55 PM »
ok is religon the cause of war ?

Don Seer

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2002, 12:32:06 PM »
no.

people are.

however - a lot of people are religious.

either that or 'its a race thing'.

pz

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2002, 12:33:20 PM »
Yea, that's true.  Money, and greed, behind everything.  Religion is corrupted by money and greed all the time, greed for power, all that.  

Don Seer

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2002, 01:28:50 AM »
I hear ya.  All 'factions' play games, i'm not gonna sit here and try to act like Mormons are perfect.  I believe, if you study mormon doctrine, you probably won't find much that doesn't make 100% total, logical sense.  You will, though, find hypocricy with mormons, just as with any other religion.  Mormons have a lot of dirt in their past too... but to me, when I was 'converting', It seemed like a perfect fit.  Just tons, tons, tons of little things.  Like i've been sayin' on another thread, Catholics say that you're born with sin.  That never made sense to me... because if a baby's not baptised, that means he goes to hell, to catholics! That can't be right, god would never do that.  But mormons have an explanation for this; they say there is no original sin, god loves kids, and it's impossible for a kid to sin, until he's 8 or so, because he can't comprehend the sin.  Makes perfect sense to me.  Stuff like that; like I said, it's a perfect fit for me, and my mind set, and the way I see things.  Makes 100% sense... but for others, it may not be what they're lookin' for, regardless of whether it's true or not.  There might be somethin' about it that puts them off, or doesn't make sense to them, or something.  It's all good :)

thats coo... u accept it with its faults... one of my faults is i'm bad at doing that  ;)

guess i'm too pedantic.

VIBES

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2002, 02:12:09 AM »
overseer what are you planning on doing to your site ??

Don Seer

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2002, 03:48:45 AM »
to what site?

VIBES

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2002, 04:16:59 AM »
yours. you know are you changing the apperence or anything ??