Author Topic: What Do Y'all Think Of Aithiests?  (Read 486 times)

Suga Foot

What Do Y'all Think Of Aithiests?
« on: June 02, 2002, 02:31:00 PM »
I know a lot of you are real heavy into religion, so what I wanna know is do you think it's wrong to be aithiest?  do yo think aithiests have something missing in their life?  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

infinite59

Re: What Do Y'all Think Of Aithiests?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2002, 03:13:38 PM »
I know a lot of you are real heavy into religion, so what I wanna know is do you think it's wrong to be aithiest?  do yo think aithiests have something missing in their life?  

What you live for is what you worship.  Without being fully aware of it, all atheists worship and believe in something.  Whether that be a women, child or family member putting meaning in their life, or working hard so you can make enough scrilla to support your drug or alchohol problem.  Some people love to eat, even live to eat, consume, they love money.  Or maybe you claim elligence to a sports team, job, or country, maybe you are a soldier, the army could be considered a cult or religion.

Everybody believes in something.  Everybody is living for something.  When I was an atheist I was really worshipping women.  They were the reason for most of what I did and accomplished.  And when they failed me I was left with nothing, and I wanted to go out and kill the bitch.

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2002, 08:40:58 PM »
First off, i hope I don't piss anybody off.  We're all brothers, and all equal in god's eyes.  Some people may look at religion differently, but that doesn't make them a better person, it just means that there's something about them that makes religion and the idea of god more appealing to them.

With that said, I think this: I believe that most Athiests have a problem with pride.  They don't want to admit that something is bigger than them in the universe.  I know, because I was the same way for a while.  I wanted to act like I was too smart to believe in god, and to blow my own horn, im' a very intelligent person.  I skipped a grade in school, i've got a photographic memory, My hand eye coordination is unbelievable, my visual perception skills on any test were always perfect, 100 out of 100.  But I realized slowly that while I was really good in some things, I sucked at other things.  I wasn't as strong as everybody else, but I could run faster.  I was really smart, and never needed to study, but my handwriting was horrible.  

So, then, I started thinking about it, and realized on the grand scale of things, I wasn't anywhere near as smart as I thought I was.  So I always kind of thought something better was out there, something bigger than me.  The bible, while the stories seemed obviously false, spiritually inside of me felt like it was true, at least the lessons learned from it, so basically ,through logic, I proved god's existance to myself.  Jesus I had to pray about, and I had a strong overwhelming sense of peace that showed me that it was all true, etc. Same thing with becoming a latter day saint, all the other churches didn't logically make much sense to me, but this one did, and brought a peace about me.  

So, basically, I think athiests have either been chased away from god, or they think they're too smart to fall for a 'trick' like that.  

Joachim

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2002, 02:02:41 AM »
My brother is an atheist, he believes God was created by man (way back when) too explain things that man could not, if you get me. I have no problem with his beliefs, and having known him all my life, he has no mental or physical problems, its just he doesnt believe in God.

I agree with many of his views on religion, he is the coolest person ive ever known, i wish i had more of his attributes...

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2002, 06:15:19 AM »
Put it this way, i am an athiest, and for good reason. All my dads side of the family are aithiest, but let that bother any of u. I have took time to review both sides of a story, and i have come to believe that what an aithiest person says agrees more to the world than a religious point of view.

now don't go hating, cos i respect the fact that religious ppl feel the exact opposite, and that god and things agrees more to the way the world is.

and trauma u r very rong, thats just the kids who like to call themselves an aithiest who have a problem with the fact that sumthing betta than them made them, sum1 tru, like my uncle for example just doesn't agree with that kind of thing, and has his reasons, same as sum1 religious has their reasons to believe in god.

the way to think about this is: respect what other ppl believe. if a religious person wants to believe what they believe i have no problem with that, as long as they have no problem with what i believe.

just like trauma isn't doin, he wants us to respect what he's saying, but can't respect what an athiest is saying, thats wrong. if u think u have a valid opinion, thats ok, but respect the fact that other ppl have the right to their opinions too...

i don't want no beef over this...that's all...peace.

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2002, 06:56:41 AM »
Well, if you'd reread what I said, I clearly stated we're all equal, and I respect whatever you don't wanna believe in.  Don't accuse me of that crap.  

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2002, 12:22:12 PM »
U sed 'they don't wanna admit nothing is betta than them' that is just like cummin outrite and saying 'what they believe is bullshit, they only say it cos they can't admit god is betta than them'

thats what it looks like u mean homeboy, so thats what i thought.

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2002, 03:48:50 AM »
That's exactly what I meant.   But that has nothing to do with not respecting your views.  That's just what I think about it.  

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2002, 02:37:13 AM »
But that's just like me saying anyone religious is too weak to believe that they can't survive without respecting a god that isn't proved to exist, and is too scared to think what they're next life will be like if they don't, should there be a next life.

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2002, 10:40:02 AM »
there's certainly nothing wrong with not believing in god.  i could go on about the many flaws i find in organized religion forever... i've had the discussion many times. I don't practice a specific doctrine of "faith" but i understand why people would.  I believe that god does exist, but not to the specific points that god is pigeonholed into in most religions.  personally i think if people wanted a truer picture of god, they'd be better off studying texts from every religion they could get their hands on.  I find that usually, people who ferverently*sp* believe in a specific religion are usually the most blind in this area, not to mention the most self-righteous.  Too many are worried about proving their religion "right" rather than gaining any real truth or enlightenment.  Taking one view of the existence of god is akin to a detective showing up at a crime scene and only talking to one of the many witnesses.  

That's how I feel on the subject... Not an attack on anyone who practices a specific religion, just speaking on my own experiences.
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

S.G.V.

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2002, 09:56:14 PM »
ok...im sure ill get some flack for this...but....i believe religion is a crock...i dont have to listen to what others say...everyone has an opinion on whats right and whats wrong.....and i got my own opinions...i dont have to go to a church and worship god...i can do it at my house...and i can do it how i want....i dont have to follow someone elses beliefs....i want to be my own person....i feel that religion is a form of brainwashing....id rather be my own person....still look into the eyes of god but in my own way....

ToNe1904

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2002, 01:12:49 AM »
It depends on the Athiest. U cant lump everyone together really. But to respond to Trauma, u said that Athiest have a problem with pride and believe that they are too smart to fall into a "trick". I dont believe in any particular religion myself. I couldnt say "religion" is fake...because as Infinite said "everyone worships something". BUT, pride is not the issue in the least. What i believe is that there are some things that ARE unexplainable. Some things that humans dont know, and maybe never will. To me, people use "God" as a cop out. An excuse to be lazy and just chalk things up to "God". Anytime a person does something amazing...along comes some religous person to say.."its the work of God". No...its the work of the person who did it. I dont believe in downplaying peoples accomplishments by giving credit to something, or someone, or whatever...thats nowhere to be found. I believe in science. Everything happens for a reason. There is no divine plan. If that were the case, thered be no reason to do anything with youre life. Like u said initially, i dont disrespect anyone. Religious or not, it doesnt matter. BUT, i can tell by yur post that u do think u are better in a way. Because u say that we are equal...EXCEPT for the fact that i have a pride problem. I say u have a "reality" problem. So i guess we're equal now. LOL. Also, how come no one speaks of the Earth at all? I dont worship the Earth myself lol. But still, the Earth is physically here (unlike "God"). And it makes its presence very clear (unlike "God"). Every single natural disaster that is usually "the work of God" is really the work of the Earth. The Earth has been here longer then human life has, and will continue to be here far, far, far after we are gone. The Earth could basically dispose of human life at anytime. Yet theres no way that we could possibly destroy the Earth (despite what any Green Peace people say). Like i said, i dont worship the Earth in any sorta way. BUT, it would probably make FAR more sense then worshiping sum invisible man in the sky lol. Well...i guess theres always Santa Clause, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, and the Boogie Man. LOL

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2002, 02:00:49 AM »
^^ You haven't heard much about my chutch, apparently, LOL.  We believe the earth has a spirit,  as does every living thing on earth.  You're throwing a lot of assumptions against religion that just aren't true, because you're uneducated on it.  

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2002, 05:04:08 AM »
ok...im sure ill get some flack for this...but....i believe religion is a crock...i dont have to listen to what others say...everyone has an opinion on whats right and whats wrong.....and i got my own opinions...i dont have to go to a church and worship god...i can do it at my house...and i can do it how i want....i dont have to follow someone elses beliefs....i want to be my own person....i feel that religion is a form of brainwashing....id rather be my own person....still look into the eyes of god but in my own way....

so if ur like me...just say there was a god...i don't believe that...but if there is a god he can't blame us for not believing in him...becuase all the things he supposably put on the earth proove to a scientist that he is not tru, so he asked for sum1 to find out things and contradict him anyway, and also...he would want us to have a happy life. i have a happy life not worshipping sum god, so will he be happy at that?

my main point in this post is: why did he make the earth like he did if he knew the intelligent life could figure those things out and use them as a contradiction to his sons word? so even if there is a god, even tho i don't believe it, he couldn't blame me for that anyway...

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2002, 07:15:29 AM »
Actually,  you have a partial point, Latter day saints don't believe people go to hell for just being Ignorant of god.  You won't be punished if you get to heaven, and you don't believe in god, because you're just ignorant of it.  The people (for instance, latter day saints) who believe in god, know what he wants, and know him, but STILL choose to ignore his word, will be much more harshly judged.  You're judged by your knowledge.  Like all the people in africa and crap that never even heard of Christ, they won't be punished for that, what kind of god would?  And if you actually don't believe in God, then how can you follow what he wants?  He won't hold that against you.  It's kinda like, the only people that will be 'punished' will be the people who are bad at heart, and dismiss god, knowing that he's true (as in, turning from him, on purpose)... others, who don't believe in god, will receive glory in the afterlife (where it will be apparent god exists, there won't be a veil over us anymore, we will see all as it truly is), while others, who found god on earth, and did his work always, with a good heart, will receive an even greater reward.  That's how our whole outlook on it works.  People don't go to hell just because they dont' believe in god, or anything like that.  But those who follow his word and truly believe are blessed even more.