Author Topic: what's the rarest cd you own?  (Read 5086 times)

Nightfall

Re:what's the rarest cd you own?
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2004, 06:49:27 AM »
Masterminds feat. Tajai (this is the only place i heard that track)

never heard of it, do u have it in mp3?

C.F.D.T

• Lil Geezy
  • supersupreme
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2004, 08:05:18 AM »
i'm not sure how rare these are but i got
Nate Dogg: G-funk classics vol.1 (death row realease which got pulled off shelves after 3 days or something like that)
2pac: in his own words (eagle release which got also quickly pulled off shelves)
the C.I.A: cru in action (vinyl)
World class wreckin cru: turn off the lights (12")

if anyone knows anything about how "rare" if any those are please let me know..

plus i got lots of old vinyl..

f0n|{sta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • U Cant Fuck With The One Man Band ^^
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2004, 08:10:19 AM »
not sure if those are "rare"...
Zapp - II
Dogg Pound Posse - Dogg-E-Style
Zapp & Roger - All The Greatest Hits

--- G-Funk...all day everyday ---

MarshColin

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2004, 09:55:39 AM »

-Crooked I (Untouchable album, OG 2000 version, no titles)

What is the tracklist to this shit man?  Does anybody else have it?  Thanks.

Also,

Gang Related soundtrack (the one with the 2 songs by Top Dogg and Chocolate Bandit)

On the tracklist on the back cover Kapone, does it list those songs or not?  I have the version with the 2 extra songs as well, and it does not list them.  Somebody told me they had a copy that does list them though, so I was just seeing what you got.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2004, 10:58:17 AM »
Nine - 9 Lives (I don't know how rare this is but when it came out, I remember looking for it and I couldn't find it anywhere. Bought it used at the Wherehouse for $1.99).

Ras Kass - Soul On Ice (I bought it 2 years ago for $15 still in the wrapper. Now I see it selling on EBay for $50. Damn.)

WC and the MAAD Circle - Ain't a Damn Thing Changed (The only problem is that my copy has a scratch on it. I found it online used for $10 and now it's selling on EBay for $50.)

I also have the OG Doggystyle with Gs Up Hoes Down on it. I don't think it's that rare.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2004, 09:01:54 AM »

Also,

Gang Related soundtrack (the one with the 2 songs by Top Dogg and Chocolate Bandit)

On the tracklist on the back cover Kapone, does it list those songs or not?  I have the version with the 2 extra songs as well, and it does not list them.  Somebody told me they had a copy that does list them though, so I was just seeing what you got.

damn i´m so pissed i CANT GET THIS FUCKIN CD! yea ive heard the same too, there is a version which lists the tracks on the backcover, and there is a version which doesnt list them. this is the ONLY death row cd which i cant find for years now... my collection would be complete then.  >:(
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 09:02:47 AM by OGSUESONE »

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2004, 10:33:56 AM »
-Wu Tang Clan (copy of the original demo tape, before Raekwon. Meth, and them was down, early 1980's). My niggas from KillArmy always tried to boost that shit when we was on the road.

-Crooked I (Untouchable album, OG 2000 version, no titles)

-ATL (Sex, Money, and Music, might not see the light of day, considered to old now, but who knows).

-ATL (Legends, with all original tracks (including 3 that were taken off album, and replaced with LA Vibe, Adventures Of, and WorldWide) one track lays the truth of Dr. Giggles and those fake motherfuckers claiming G-Funk, but never....you get the picture).

-Original Green Vinyl pressing Of De La Soul's never before released EP (forgot the name of EP, but featured unreleased tracks with Q-Tip, Shorty No Mas and various remixes from Buhloone) that followed Buhloone Mindstate.

-Cold Crush Brothers VS. Force MC's copy from master tape ( later known as the Force MD's)  Battle in Staten Island late 70's -early 80's given to me by Grandmaster Caz at a Restaurant in The Bronx 1994. Truly a fan of Cold Crush

-Autograph copy (and personal message that said "Stay On The Square and Represent the God Degree" coming from a White Boy tripped me out) of "Jump Around" by Everlast aka Whitey Ford, when we started building on some NOI/5%/Masonic shit, then 3 weeks later I was hired by T-Boy working the entire project H.O.P. I still say one of the most under-rated groups of that particular time and Lethal had some production that resembles alot of what Alchemist is doing now.

-Capone/Noriega's first mixtape by DJ Clue that featured unreleased freestyles (done over West-Coast beats) by Killa Cam and Murder Mase (of C.O.T.C.), Tragedy Khadaffi, and CNN (only released to other labels premiering new signing of the group).

-K-DAY radio tapes

-Boss unreleased remixes (by Def Jeff) and tracks that never got sample cleareances (it was one of those clear cassette tapes you get from the pressing plants).

-Wu-Tang Clan's first 12 inch release "Protect Your Neck" that they pressed up and released themselves after all the labels (including T-Boy, Cold Chillin', etc.) turned them down

-Bunch of Unreleased "test pressings" Tommy Boy Remixes (that never made it to retail 12") of ATL, Coolio, Big Noyd, De La, Naughty, The Eastsidaz (the original Snoop Dogg group who was signed to Tommy Boy for 3 months and then asked for a release), LV, Royce The 5'9", and other non-Hip-Hop (Dance and Freestyle) shit.

-A Bunch of shit from when I worked for WEA (Warner Elektra Atlantic), like Champ MC, Sista (Missy's group, well actually Devante's group, lol), ODB, Pete Rock/CL and basically all the Hip-Hop groups that was signed under those labels in the early to mid 90's (I can't even remember the names of all the artists I marketed and promoted and toured with.

- MY MOST PRIZED POSSESSION WAS MY FIRST PLATINUM PLAQUE (for marketing and promotion and most labels hate paying for plaques for their own employees, they rather give it to radio and retail and Eazy gave to whoever deserved it) THAT ERIC WRIGHT (RIP) GAVE ME AT RUTHLESS RECORDS FOR  "IT'S ON...." EAZY WAS A REAL GOOD DUDE WITH A KIND HEART, HE WAS JUST ON SOME OTHER SHIT....CAUSE HE COULD AFFORD TO DO IT (like the Republican Dinner, that "wee-gee" board shit, all the bitches he was fuckin' all over the country, etc.) ;D

I have crates of shit that was just unreleased shit these labels never wanted to put out if I had the time and equipment to transfer that shit, I'd post it up, but all my records are tucked away in my storage room. If I happen to come across (or physically go down to the room and look) and happen to see some more west-coast shit, at this time in the morning I can only remember those WS artists I posted, I'll post the actual names.
Back then when you worked for a label, you would get on the horn and do a lot of trading with other motherfuckers in different departments and labels and that's how I came across alot of "rare" and semi-rare shit from labels I could never get a gig at  ;D.
But the best shit is gettin' shit from the artists themselves, especially on tour or at they cribs (the astonished look and the "damn, I wished I had a copy of this" hustle, (artists love that especially if you genuine, no need for some Oscar performances, hahaha) will work everytime, especially if they high or drunk as fuck (it pays to stay sober  ;)  )

i think this guy wins for the rarest stuff....

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2004, 04:18:38 PM »

cd albums

mack 10 - hoo-bangin mixtape vol.1
ice cube - kill at will
mr short khop - da khop shop (Dunno of its rare)
eazy e - 5150
nwa - 100 miles n runnin
dr dre - first round knockout
dr dre & the posse
tray deee - the generals list
escape from death row
allfrumtha i - self titled

singles
ice cube - it was a good day (remix)
213 - game dont wait (dre remix)
dr dre - dre day
ice cube - the world is mine

lots more but  cant think

did u list every cd u own? lol

MarshColin

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2004, 07:55:01 PM »
damn i´m so pissed i CANT GET THIS FUCKIN CD! yea ive heard the same too, there is a version which lists the tracks on the backcover, and there is a version which doesnt list them. this is the ONLY death row cd which i cant find for years now... my collection would be complete then.  >:(

I came across it by accident.  One of the discs I had broke in half when it fell under my seat in my car.  I was always looking for that rerelease.  So I go to the store and pick up a new copy that has the original tracklist.  Im skipping through the tracks, and on the original copy there was 12 tracks on disc one.  All of a sudden I hit track 13, and I was like FUCK YAAA!!!!  The rest is history lol.

NeoSoul

• 'G'
  • Minutes To Midnight
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2004, 05:59:43 AM »

cd albums

ice cube - kill at will
eazy e - 5150
nwa - 100 miles n runnin
dr dre & the posse
escape from death row

singles
dr dre - dre day

lol tobytizzle always got something to say when i post i must really annoy u or sumthin i guess. prob got a lot more cds than u :P

u still got that bombass bmw??

r u jealous??
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 06:01:14 AM by D-P-G||LoCo »

Mick a/k/a Mickaveli_#1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Greenleaf
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2004, 07:10:27 AM »
Here are some of the rare albums I have (not going to mention unreleased)

The Down Low (mix cd very rare)

Ice Cube - Kill at Will EP (Original Not that rare)

Johnny J - I Gotta Be Me

DJ Shi'ite Mix Tape

Dr Dre - First Round Knock Out

Nate Dogg - G-Funk Classics Vol.1

All Of Warren G's singles from his first two albums. And got a vinyl I'm not going to bother talking about before I get accused of lying!  8)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2004, 10:49:58 AM »
it's lookin like a bunch of the albums posted aren't really that rare. a shitload of 'ras kass - sould on ice' 'snoop dogg - doggystyle w/ gz up hoez down' 'nwa - 100 miles and runnin', 'eazy e - 5150' seemed to show up in the rarest albums.....but it's interesting to see what people got.

gFuNkA

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2004, 11:45:04 AM »
The Dove Shack - Reality Has Got Me Tied Up
Warren G - The Next Chapter Of The G Funk Era (Promo CDS)
Foesum - Runnin Game (Promo CDS)
Foesum - The FoeFathers (signed pre-release)
Prophets Of Rage - Brand New World (Promo)

...and some other promo singles and albums i wouldnt call that rare like LBC Compilation, Uncle Sams Curse, Conversation, Straight Outta Cali Comp., Escape from Death Row Comp., Lay Low promo CDS, Smokin Me Out promo CDS, Da Funk Shun etc.

Big Saccs

• Geed Up Records
  • Lil Geezy
  • West Vet
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2004, 12:17:19 PM »
Deadly Threat "Sicc-N-The Head"
Send you on a one way trip to the moon, on my Magic broom to a 6 dollar room, Until the sun come shin'n thru the curtin I'll be workin over time like I'm curb servin/Foe Swerve'n!!!

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2004, 03:41:32 PM »

cd albums

ice cube - kill at will
eazy e - 5150
nwa - 100 miles n runnin
dr dre & the posse
escape from death row

singles
dr dre - dre day

lol tobytizzle always got something to say when i post i must really annoy u or sumthin i guess. prob got a lot more cds than u :P

u still got that bombass bmw??

r u jealous??
BMW? I never claimed to own a Beamer! And u listed a grip of cd's that arent rare, so I asked a question. I have never even replied to a post to u before, unless u changed ur name. And what am I jealous of...? I got around 450 OG albums, whats ur count? Dont lie please :p