Author Topic: i still think 'in da club'.....  (Read 458 times)

JTPlatnum

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • OB - Original Boardster
i still think 'in da club'.....
« on: January 30, 2004, 01:47:41 PM »
was the best song of the new millenium. ya'll can talk about how stupid i am and how retarded i am, but that is one of the hardest beats i've ever heard. and 50 rode it perfectly (even though i believe that em wrote the hook). i'd have to say it's one of the most solid tracks i've heard since pac passed away....anyone else agree?
"...Faith is what you make it, that's the hardest shit since MC Ren..." Andre 3000

{sz 8-9} Check my shoe store...NY Kicks! {sz 8-9} http://jtplatnum.ecrater.com

akaDRooPY

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Offline Offline
Re:i still think 'in da club'.....
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004, 01:50:46 PM »
eh...

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004, 02:02:02 PM »
I think you are a homo  8)

JTPlatnum

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2004, 02:04:03 PM »
don't try to say that you haven't heard 99 other rappers tryin to rock over that beat. i've heard so many people tryin to rap over this beat it's ridiculous. and still, no matter how much i hate him, 50 rocked it the best....
"...Faith is what you make it, that's the hardest shit since MC Ren..." Andre 3000

JTPlatnum

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2004, 02:06:44 PM »
I think you are a homo  8)

original...

We Fly High

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2004, 02:22:27 PM »
best song of the new millenium as in anything after 2000(or was it 2001 or 1999, i forgot how they do the start of the century thing), then you're probably right. i dont recall a single song making as big of an impact as it did it recent years.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2004, 02:43:54 PM »
Just becouse it makes a huge impact doesnt mean its good music . Mc Hammer also made a huge hit , but does it mean its good ? Hell no ! I think you proved yourself to not be checking out enough good hip hop music . In da club is a good song...when youre partying , but I can name a million songs that came after the year 2000 that is much better
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 02:45:09 PM by NeAp »

JTPlatnum

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2004, 02:57:51 PM »
Just becouse it makes a huge impact doesnt mean its good music . Mc Hammer also made a huge hit , but does it mean its good ? Hell no ! I think you proved yourself to not be checking out enough good hip hop music . In da club is a good song...when youre partying , but I can name a million songs that came after the year 2000 that is much better

just because it makes a huge impact doesn't mean it's NOT good music. look at any dre album. any pac album. any album that made a huge impact probably made a huge impact because it was good at one time. i'm from the old school, and i remember when hammer came out, hammer was THA SHIZNIT. don't front, anyone in here born before 82' probably listened to hammer and thought it was dope for the time. that's why DEATH ROW signed hammer when DEATH ROW was on top of the world. yeah, lookin back on it now, we see it as whack. but don't deny that it wasn't dope for it's time.

like i said, i'm from the old school, and i can't recall anything as good as when pac was alive. i'm sure that there ARE a million songs that are dope in your eyes, but being a fan of the earlier days of rap, 'in da club' ranks up there FOR ME with many of the west coast classics.

tell me, what kind of lyrical content did the chronic have? it made a huge impact for it's time. yet the lyrics on a classic like 'the chronic' pale in comparison to a release by even an average rapper nowadays. you can't take albums out of context and compare them to albums from other time periods.

i'm sayin, to me, 'in da club' reminds me of some classic westcoast bangers, and it's probably the latest one to remind me of a westcoast banger since anything pac has done (or maybe bad azz's personal business album). i think 'in da club' brings back exactly what west coast rap was lacking - hard basslines and dope hooks.

by the way, do we consider 'in da club' a westcoast song? i do. i don't know why but i do.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2004, 03:46:46 PM »
are you guys kidding...it's obviously that the biggest hit of the new millenium is "The Real Slim Shady"...because of that single the MMLP went on to sell 1.7 mil in it's first week and about 9.4 to date..."In Da Club" was probably in the top 5 biggests hits of the new millenium thus far, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2004, 03:48:05 PM »
alright i just noticed that you posted that it was the hardest song of the new millenium and not the biggest selling...by saying it was the hardest you are way off...don't make me name about 100 other songs that were harder, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2004, 03:57:36 PM »
ahh c'mon. Daz murdered the "in da club" beat with his amazing flow on "we don't give a fuck". Royce da 5'9'' also murdered the beat. 50 ain't got shit on either daz or royce. Fuck 50
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2004, 04:19:46 PM »
"In The Club" is probably the biggest hip-hop single ever.  It was more popular than "The Real Slim Shady".
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2004, 05:48:21 PM »
I dunno, I never really liked the song that much, I don't hate 50, but I never considered the beat one of Dre's best and 50's verses & flow are ok, but not even his best either. It's a club banger, definitely, but since 2000 (or 2001 actually) there's been many club bangers I feel alot more

MANBEARPIG.

• Habitual Line-Stepper
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2004, 06:39:33 PM »
I'm not gonna say your a homo or anything jus that I disagree, it was 1 of the most popular 1 of the best club bangersbut to me that was the only time it was good.  I don't really like 50 and I don't hate himI'll be happy if he does something else like thatbut I won't say its the best song of the millenium or anything along those lines.

-KIDRENEGADE-

bez

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2004, 06:49:24 PM »
DOPE SONG.

Any1 who disagrees is a dickhead.

Don Breezio

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2004, 07:01:16 PM »
lmao at some of the people on here...i hate 50 cent and even i was and still do rock this shit...it had one of the best beats i've ever heard...i dont agree that none of the other rappers matched up to 50 on that beat. but 50's was still the best since it was the original version...

50 actually made a great song

*wakes up*
Where Am I? what did i just say?

Trauma818

• Lil Geezy
  • Offline Offline
  • Your Nobody Till Somebody Kills You
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2004, 09:24:37 PM »
It's a tuff club banger...But has anyone heard the Immortal Technique freestyle over that beat?  That shyt was fire, he ripped it for like 6 minutes..

Don Breezio

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2004, 09:26:50 PM »
It's a tuff club banger...But has anyone heard the Immortal Technique freestyle over that beat?  That shyt was fire, he ripped it for like 6 minutes..

i have that freestyle...its really not that special, its a good song but his flow was not even close to as on point as it is on his albums and his lyrics...well it was a freestyle so enough said.

Sikotic™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • PussyCunt
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2004, 12:30:36 AM »
Immortal Technique rapped over that beat? Damn, I gotta hear that.

It was prolly the tightest song beat-wise. I got so sick of it though like alot of other people. I guess we'll see in a couple of years when people aren't sick of it anymore.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2004, 04:19:23 AM »
was the best song of the new millenium. ya'll can talk about how stupid i am and how retarded i am, but that is one of the hardest beats i've ever heard. and 50 rode it perfectly (even though i believe that em wrote the hook). i'd have to say it's one of the most solid tracks i've heard since pac passed away....anyone else agree?

well, if that's what u think,....to me a "best" song, or even a good one, is a track that in some way catches my atention lyriclly and rapwise with an apropriate production of course, if that's what it does for u, than good, Ima just say that imo it's best quallity was it's production, lyriclly it was nothing special, imo just an averrage overall song(yea with a dope beat),  nothing mo' , nothing less, and it's in the nature of averrage songs to loose replay value from being constantly played, shit....some people even start dismissing classic tracks (like Stan for example) after being played too fuckin much on MTV.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2004, 07:02:29 AM »
Yeah yeah , Pac is dead, buhu ! In da club still sucks ass

BL7

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2004, 07:22:39 AM »
Maybe the biggest, but certainly not the best.

On The Edge of Insanity

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2004, 07:52:05 AM »
Dope beat for the clubs, but the track got played out real quick cause 50 Cent was useless on this track. I hate his voice anyway, but on this track his whole flow, lyrics everything were awful, and to me completly ruined what could have been a dope track. Obviously I still dance to that shit when it comes on in the club but for anything outside of that it has no use.

Daz ripped that beat from the snippit of his version, and if only even a decent emcee had been on the track instead of 50 then I think it would have been a so much better track.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2004, 09:57:27 AM »
it got played out like real slim shady did

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2004, 07:20:06 PM »
I never liked this song from the first time I heard it. I thought Dre had a cool beat but people are overrating it like crazy.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris